Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    An assassin in no way is the "stereotypical assassin/rogue" type. Stealth is a bonus rather than something you rely on, even moreso if you go Darkness or Madness. An Op is more "stereotypical rogue" than an assassin is.
    Probably so. But if you come from other games with an assassin class than the Operative doesn't feel that way at all (I came from AoC and the assassin class there is a very far cry from the operative here). But I think you are right in comparison to the Assassin/Shadow that an Operative does have more of that "rogue" feel (even though it seems so slow and clumsy).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    So pretty much stuns and rupts? But I gotta get to 50 first. Whats the leveling like for a DPS operative? What abilities do I used most of the time?
    To keep this post on topic:

Leveling isn't an issue at all for DPS ops. You can't really go gung-ho and aggro tons of groups because you are not a tank but you are not underpowered while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSheephard View Post
    Patch 1.11 ish rogue

Voltaic slash = hemo
    Maul = bs
    Shock = evi
    Low slash = gouge
    electrocute = ks
    jolt = kick
    surging charge = instapsn (wish it were wound eh?)
    force slow = crip psn
    discharge doesn't actually have a direct comparison however its kinda like a super evi.

I bet you are right. Nowadays operative is probably more like a "rogue" as of 4.0. But during the later half of 1.0 and once armorpen was introduced in the later half of 2.0 Assassin plays more like a "rogue".
    Oh totally forgot

bladeward = evasion
    force cloak = cloak of shadows
    force sprint = sprint *edit: well, its a cross between shadowstep and sprint because it has the cooldown of shadowstep with the effect of sprint.

hell we even have vanish.

assassin is like... very hemo rogue.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-04-24 at 12:41 AM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I find it torture to PvP heal on my sorcerer now after 1.2 and have heard that OPs got a buff to their healing or maybe not a buff just didnt get nerfed to the ground like the other 2 did so thinking about rolling one. But never played an Operative before. Whats their healing style like? Also is it easier to level up healing my companion since you get a tank for the first one or do you level up as DPS? Also for the DPS specs what is their playstyle like? I havent seen too many of them around in WZs lately, same goes for scoundrels, and any video I find of them is like 3-4 months old before they got nerfed. What would the leveling rotation for an operative look like? Do I play it like a rogue using my knife close range attacks only or use a mix of knife and rifle abilities?

ok, recently started up my operative, and at low levels its frustrating because you're a bit of a hybrid dps, equal parts melee and range, but if you pick concealment and get lacerate strike, you actually become more of a stabby stabs type of rogue...very fun if you want something close to a traditional rogue...havent tried lethality yet, and waiting for dual spec before i pickup heals...but im liking it now.