View Poll Results: Wizard vs. Witch doctor!

Voters
153. This poll is closed
  • Wizard

72 47.06%
  • Witch Doctor

81 52.94%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    the damage he did while I firebatted him was neglectable, and I didn't stand still for long, you know how quickly the bats drain you. After the bats, I simply grabbed the orbs left by the adds killed by the grasp, maybe shot a few darts at him and repeated the same thing. Only attack you really have to watch out from him is that mowing movement thing, but he telegraphs it with BIG letters^^

Deleted
    Witch Doctor all the way! I loved the jumping spiders and demon dogs and im sure there will be more fun spells to use at higher levels. I was going to choose between monk and demon hunter, but the witch doctor has taken the spot of the demon hunter in this choice =)

Deleted
    No one like the Wizard.. LoL D:

Both are good fun and easyish to play. Off topic I think BH is the weakest out of the entire range group. For me she is the weakest class in diablo atm. Fun but not really on par with the rest.
    Last edited by methus; 2012-04-23 at 05:07 PM.
    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." Muhammad Ali

Deleted
    I liked the WD a lot. Poison, bats, spiders, zomibe arms, stealing souls - bloody awesome stuff. The only thing I'm still unsure about is whether I can take the class seriously enough. Others seem to fit more into the demon/angel theme, and which doctor is sort of out of place imo.

Deleted
    I promise to you that wizard will be more awesome in the end game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by methus View Post
    Both are good fun and easyish to play. Off topic I think BH is the weakest out of the entire range group. For me she is the weakest class in diablo atm. Fun but not really on par with the rest.
    I take it you mean DH?

If so, it's very strong, especially when having the speed bonus passive skill, Bola shot, tuble/roll/flip thingy, chakram and rapid fire on your bars : )
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Rather surprised it's that even (52-52 atm). Personaly I find wizard more fun and will most likely make wizard as my first character when game goes retail. Of course the gameplay ecperience is totally biased cause you only get limited ammount of skills etc etc in beta so hard to compare.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    I take it you mean DH?

If so, it's very strong, especially when having the speed bonus passive skill, Bola shot, tuble/roll/flip thingy, chakram and rapid fire on your bars : )
    Yeah sorry DH, guess it could get better later on, only did a single playthrough till lvl 9 after killing Leoric and it felt lackluster, rapid fire did not do enough dmg compared to other abilities, the resource depleted very fast and had some trouble in highly populated areas due to lacking an aoe ability. Think when game goes live I will go Monk- wd/mage-barb-dh.
    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing." Muhammad Ali

I learned to be really wary of any pet class after my first D2 playthrough with a necro... it was fun to have a pumped up army of undead kill your shit for you... until you came to a boss fight and all your shit just instantly died.

That experience made me roll a mage instead of a warlock in WoW for many years, and will propably drop a witch doctor as a tertiary choice for me. Shes, I tihnk the Necro is the only class I didn't finish D2 at least once.

Voting WD because while Demon Hunter has won my heart over both, I just couldn't get into the Wizard. Which is weird, because I usually love sorcerer types.

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    I learned to be really wary of any pet class after my first D2 playthrough with a necro... it was fun to have a pumped up army of undead kill your shit for you... until you came to a boss fight and all your shit just instantly died.

That experience made me roll a mage instead of a warlock in WoW for many years, and will propably drop a witch doctor as a tertiary choice for me. Shes, I tihnk the Necro is the only class I didn't finish D2 at least once.
    I know what you mean, fighting bosses as a necro was a pain in the but when all your skeles died cause you lacked corpses to raise from. Well still with the new setup you can actually adjust for boss fights like the guy did with spirit bats and stuff. To me that just makes it worth it. Also later on from the videos I saw you get a very strong pet which I think might be useful on bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by methus View Post
    I know what you mean, fighting bosses as a necro was a pain in the but when all your skeles died cause you lacked corpses to raise from. Well still with the new setup you can actually adjust for boss fights like the guy did with spirit bats and stuff. To me that just makes it worth it. Also later on from the videos I saw you get a very strong pet which I think might be useful on bosses.
    And even if not, I think the WD has enough non-pet skills that you can just switch to something w/o pets and crack heads by yourself for a change. Much better than in D2 where Duriel was fully able to cockblock you if you were a summoner. Throwing warm corpses at a boss ain't fun, especially if it's your own.. over and over and over.

Personally, I think WD could be very fun, even though I love Wiz more.

I LOVE THE WITCH DOCTOR. When you get to level 12 you get haunt and it's badass.
    My build was poison darts (with rune) Haunt( 575% wep damage over 12 sec. spreads to other target's if target dies before full duration) Grasp of the dead (with rune. EASY WORK OF AOE WITH HAUNT) and Soul Harvest (with 5 stacks my dps jumped from 44 to over 100 at level 13)

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted wizard because it gives more fun to play then witch doctor. The first reason is; WD is so squishy for me, i love warlocks, i love necromancers but this wd is not that good as a necromancer in d2. obviously theres only one insane good character i think, barbarian. Motions, blow emotions, fighting styles are incredibly perfect. You can use it as a tank or dps. WD has some pets like a dead zoo, toads ? zombie dogs ? bats and spiders ? cmon wtf is this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naranha View Post
    I promise to you that wizard will be more awesome in the end game.
    Yeah thats what im thinking too