Deleted

SWTOR: Sith Juggernaut Rage Spec Burst DPS Guide/Tutorial

Hey guys,

I've made a video guide for rage spec burst damage. Hope you enjoy!

Looking forward for you comments and thoughts

Video is abit lacking for me, doesn't actually have any tips or tricks beyond reading out tooltips. Opening rotation is also wrong, when you open with Focus/Rage you need to lead with Sabre Throw to build 3 focus/rage, cast Force Exhaustion/Crush from ranged then Force Charge and finally Smash/Sweep. Why? Because then they only have 1 GCD to CC you and because you can only benefit from the 10% 4 set bonus with this opener. If you try Force Charge>Exhaustion>SA>Smash it's too slow to benefit from the 4 piece and your gonna get CC'd before you do owt.

Gl with the rest of your guiders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Video is abit lacking for me, doesn't actually have any tips or tricks beyond reading out tooltips. Opening rotation is also wrong, when you open with Focus/Rage you need to lead with Sabre Throw to build 3 focus/rage, cast Force Exhaustion/Crush from ranged then Force Charge and finally Smash/Sweep. Why? Because then they only have 1 GCD to CC you and because you can only benefit from the 10% 4 set bonus with this opener. If you try Force Charge>Exhaustion>SA>Smash it's too slow to benefit from the 4 piece and your gonna get CC'd before you do owt.

Gl with the rest of your guiders.
    Thanks for your clarification. To be honest, I wasn't performing a proper rotation, I was only interested on showing the different way to nail a critical Smash. When I'll update my guide in my blog I would explain the abilities and the rotation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    Thanks for your clarification. To be honest, I wasn't performing a proper rotation, I was only interested on showing the different way to nail a critical Smash. When I'll update my guide in my blog I would explain the abilities and the rotation
    Well thats not really true. You specify in the video that "in order to pull off the perfect smash", so if your rotation isn't what its supposed to be, then its hardly perfect.

Secondly, I take issue with your assertion that Rage is the "preferred PvP spec". Maybe its your personal preference, but with all the references you make to survivability and utility, you never mention any.

Let me show you:

Unstoppable - Force Charge has a [50 / 100]% chance to grant Unstoppable, reducing all damage taken by 20% and granting immunity to interrupts and all controlling effects for 4 seconds. (Thats utility and survivability for 2 talents.)

Pooled Hatred - Whenever your movement is impaired, you gain a [5 / 10]% bonus to your next melee ability that costs rage. This effect can stack up to 5 times and lasts 10 seconds. (Passive, causes major increases in damage if you have the presence of mind to see whats happening with your buffs. This coupled with whichever relic is not on CD makes sages cry.)

Vengeance - Reduces the cooldown of Impale by [2 seconds / 4 seconds / 6 seconds] and Force Scream by [1 second / 2 seconds / 3 seconds]. (Which brings Force Scream AND Impale down to 9 second CDs, effectively increasing your potential damage while out of optimal range, as well as giving you another attack for when you can close the distance.)

Ruin - Smash no longer costs rage. (In Shien form, this actually GIVES you 1 rage. Also, it is immensely useful if you have to drop down to Soresu form for guarding/survivability).

Savagery - Impale and Shatter have a [50 / 100]% chance to increase the critical hit chance of Force Scream and Vicious Throw by 60% for 9 seconds (In full BM gear, you can expect around 30% crit, so this talent almost garuntees a crit on Vicious Throw or Force Scream [Coupled with Pooled Hatred, ruins lives.])

Deafening Defense - Reduces all damage taken by [2 / 4]% at all times and by an additional [7.5 / 15]% while Enraged Defense is active. Additionally reduces the cooldown of Intimidating Roar by [7.5 seconds / 15 seconds]. (This means that when you hit Enraged defense, you automatically take 15% less damage [IN ADDITION TO the flat 4% damage reduction][can be used while stunned], and it heals you for a percentage of your HP [providing perfect synergy with Endure Pain or the Biochem Medpack). AND it also decreases the cooldown of your AoE CC by 25%. For 2 talents)

Rampage - Impale and Shatter have a [10 / 20 / 30]% chance to finish the cooldown on Ravage and generate 2 rage. This effect cannot occur more than once every 15 seconds. Each rank beyond the first reduces this rate limit by 3 seconds. (Two of you abilities not only reset the cooldown on Ravage [which hits like a truck], but also grant rage, and it only has a 9 second internal cooldown. This means that you can potentially Ravage 3 times in the normal 30second cooldown.)

Sundering Throw - Lowers the cooldown of Saber Throw by [2.5 / 5] seconds and causes Saber Throw to apply [1 stack / 2 stacks] of sunder armor to the target. (Only 1 point in here as it allows you to use Shatter immediately after charge [while you have the damage buff from your 4-piece bonus], saving a GCD for a damaging ability rather than a debuff application.

Shatter - Channels the Force into your lightsaber and crushes your target under its weight, dealing 455 internal damage to a target afflicted by Sundering Assault, with a further 572 internal damage over 12 seconds. (Where your other bleeds are mostly to tease, this one is what makes people avoid you. Immense damage, and it still ticks even if you're being CC'd.)

Vengeance is, in my opinion, superior to Rage.

I played Rage for a while, and while you have some fantastic potential damage (assuming the enemy team ignores you, and clumps together nicely), the survivability and sustained damage from Vengeance always trumps it (for me).