Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    That sounds reasonable but last Friday we did exact the same things. Before barrel roll 2 and 3 we kill as many bloods as possible while me (Mage) and Ele are killing the 3rd Corruption. Friday we had perfect phases, we had a clean Spine after second Barrel Roll and a clean Spine with 6 Bloods alive after 3rd Barrel Roll.
    I noticed that on 80% of our pulls yesterday, we had residue not soaked up after a Barrel Roll. Which means a faster spawn and allot more mobs for the Barrel Roll that follows up.
    I have 1 question regarding this. When you progressed Spine, what was the amount of time spent killing Bloods before a BR? Or isn't it about 'spending time' and just killing them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to make this perfectly clear... "dead" bloods that creep into the corruption hole when DW is rolling do not spawn into new bloods, but instead, they are tossed off, essentially removing them from the equation?

This could make the difference between a kill and another wipenight for us. We've been soaking the puddles up with 3 amalgations before rolling each time.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Just to make this perfectly clear... "dead" bloods that creep into the corruption hole when DW is rolling do not spawn into new bloods, but instead, they are tossed off, essentially removing them from the equation?

This could make the difference between a kill and another wipenight for us. We've been soaking the puddles up with 3 amalgations before rolling each time.
    No. The only way to "remove bloods from the equation" is to soak them with an Amalg, and then roll the amalg off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayna View Post
    No. The only way to "remove bloods from the equation" is to soak them with an Amalg, and then roll the amalg off.
    Whats all this then? Nonsense, or am I just misunderstanding?

Quote Originally Posted by tyggyr View Post
    I've read that when the bloods die, their residue will slowly seep to a corruption hole where it'll respawn to extra bloods (rather than the normal spawn-rate bloods); and that AoEing them before a roll will cause the residue to be blown off during the roll, resulting in far fewer bloods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    It is true, that if the Bloods die in the Corruption hole, the puddles or residue flies off - that is why we do it. It is also true, that it requires a raid wall as I mentioned in another post.

It's a fine balance when to kill Bloods and how many to kill tbh. This depend on your healers for a large part. When tanking the Bloods, the only time I don't just nuke the crap out of them, is right before an Amalgamation is about to explode and before I drag them to the hole, since I don't want to burden the healers with extra damage during Amalgamation explosion and since I need the Bloods to die in the hole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Whats all this then? Nonsense, or am I just misunderstanding?
    Those people are either not posting clearly or they are incorrect. The residues do not fly off during a roll on their own, the way you remove them is to have the amalgs soak a bunch up just before the amalgs get tossed off. When done correctly you should have at most just a couple residues left after each roll and you can often clear it completely. Your tanks just have to pay attention to where the residues are and position themselves for the roll such that the amalgs who they taunt to them pick up the residues as they move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Those people are either not posting clearly or they are incorrect. The residues do not fly off during a roll on their own, the way you remove them is to have the amalgs soak a bunch up just before the amalgs get tossed off. When done correctly you should have at most just a couple residues left after each roll and you can often clear it completely. Your tanks just have to pay attention to where the residues are and position themselves for the roll such that the amalgs who they taunt to them pick up the residues as they move.
    Meh, thats what we have been doing. More practice then.

I learned more in these 2 posts about spine than about 20 previous posts thanks everyone for putting in their 2 cents, awesome work!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    They may not "fly off" but they shouldn't respawn new Bloods either, when left in the hole. Or am I completely off? (As in our RL is completely wrong). Cause this is something I know several 8/8 HM guilds on my server do as well. As said, we spawn 2 Amalgamations, soak as many stacks as possible, AoE the Bloods in the hole and roll.

The only way to "remove" bloods from the fight is to have an amalgamation soak them, then either kill the amalgamation or roll Deathwing to throw the amalgamation off.

Bloods and residues do not fly off or go inactive when you roll. They function exactly the same after a roll as they did before the roll.

the longer the fight goes, the more bloods that spawn so time is your greatest friend. Also if you stack up amalgs with bloods during rolls it eliminates them completely. we usually blow lots of raid cd's while rolling cause 1 maybe even 2 amalgs hit 9, but this clears up many bloods.
    Also make sure whoever is dispelling is evenly distributing the debuff, tanks first to 2 stack obviously. An easy way to do this is kill all 4 corruptions to start and get the debuffs on your tanks.
    but how does one do this you might ask? The debuff works from the left side to the right side w/out fail 100% of the time. So tanks on one side everyone else on the other

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuku65 View Post
    the longer the fight goes, the more bloods that spawn so time is your greatest friend. Also if you stack up amalgs with bloods during rolls it eliminates them completely. we usually blow lots of raid cd's while rolling cause 1 maybe even 2 amalgs hit 9, but this clears up many bloods.
    Also make sure whoever is dispelling is evenly distributing the debuff, tanks first to 2 stack obviously. An easy way to do this is kill all 4 corruptions to start and get the debuffs on your tanks.
    but how does one do this you might ask? The debuff works from the left side to the right side w/out fail 100% of the time. So tanks on one side everyone else on the other
    Can you clear out your thing a bit? This sounded interensting but i didn't quite understand your tactic on getting the debuff on tanks first.

Quote Originally Posted by Heviletti View Post
    Can you clear out your thing a bit? This sounded interensting but i didn't quite understand your tactic on getting the debuff on tanks first.

The debuffs "jump" across the center of the spine when dispelled. If you have 2 tanks to the left of the spine, and the other 8 players on the right side of the spine, when you dispell players the debuff will "jump" across to the tanks. Therefore, distribution of the debuffs is largely controllable if you just position correctly, and it is very simple to make sure the tanks get their buffs within the first few minutes.

You can continue to do this for non-tanks as well if you're trying to get buffs onto a specific player who is still missing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the Spine kill on the 3rd attempt of the night when the 20% went into effect. Nothing to be terribly proud of in the big scheme of things, but not bad for a semicasual guild I'd say.

In the end we chose to kill Corruptions earlier and deal with an active Amalagation during a tendon-burn. Worked wonderfully to save on both time and healer stress. There's a nagging feeling in the back of my head that we coulda had a kill earlier if we had done this change sooner, but hey... thats what happens, sometimes you gotta try different things to find out what works best for your raid. So hey, glad with the kill.

As for the bloodsoaking, we didn't AOE in the hole and continued to soak+toss amalgations instead. Near the end I was kiting the bloods but I didnt feel nearly as overwhelmed as I did before. Dont think it was the extra 5% that made that difference, just the change in killing Corruptions sooner to reset their debuff cast timers.

Deleted
    We finally got the kill, after the 3rd attempt. We actually blew up everything we searched for (or almost everything).
    So what we did was actually a speedrun compared to all our other tries. Not soaking residue's up, after a plate simply kill 2 corruptions and rolling asap after that and keep going. I don't think it's a tactic-wise good way to show to people but wth, it's a kill.
    Thanks for all the reply's peeps.