Deleted

Looking for an addon thats like the pitbull of old!

As the title says i'm a bit unhappy with pitbull on the curse client, doesn't feel like I can do nearly as much customization as I used to. Is there something better these days or am I doing something wrong?

Deleted
    Shadow UnitFrames

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there are tons of unit frame add ons these days, so we really need to know more about what you would like it to do. I don't know what all the Pitbull of old was capable of doing so I can't really recommend any without more detail from you.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

Pitbull is capable of as much as it was previously, just due to the layouts feature goes about it in a different way.
    What specific features or functionality are you after.

There are also many alternatives nowadays which have even more features.
    Pitbull has not been the standard it used to be for a long time.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2012-04-23 at 03:14 PM.

Deleted
    I find ShadowedUF good and fairly light, but I normally just turn off all the 3d stuff and and jazzy backgrounds as I just don't want them. From what I have seen though it is very customizable. I guess the other big one is XPerl UF.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty partial to the oUF framework and its layouts these days.

There's quite a bit of choice in regards to the number of layouts other people have made, and they can be quite customizable as well, if you don't mind getting your feet wet with LUA.

The unitframes with the best ingameconfiguration and lowest memory usage is Definitly STUF Unitframes. It has a wider range of configuration options and lower memory usage then SUF or Pitbull. But the best unitframe addon is considered to be OUF only problem you will have using it is that fact that you have to know lua coding to configure it to your needs.
    Also Xperl is one of the worst Unitframes when it comes to configuration and memory usage.
    Most of the highest rated Ui's around use either OuF or STUF for unitframes.
    Last edited by Deemaxm; 2012-04-23 at 04:25 PM.

Xperl can satisfy u

Quote Originally Posted by wangxy87 View Post
    Xperl can satisfy u
    He wanted an addon with a better customization the Pitbull. Xperl is one of the addons with limited customization and much beyond Pitbull when it comes to that.
    "So Xperl cant satisfy you" Go for Stuf or Ouf

Ouf is more a library of functions, which are then used by a custom-written layout.
    Firstly you need to find a layout to base yours on, and then you need to take code from that or edit that one accordingly.
    Therefore knowledge of Lua would really be necessary and is not for the inexperienced.

Shadowed Unitframes and StUF are more user-friendly, if a little bit more limited due to having their options available through an in-game interface which is accessible to more than the coding is.