Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    "Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently."
    --Henry Ford
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."
    --Unknown

Homer Simpson, "Kids, you tried your best and failed miserably. The lesson is, never try."

Deleted
    Feels like a lot of people think that ''Guild Wars 2 wants to beat World of Warcraft'' means that World of Warcraft will die forever and never be played again, which is not the case. Mike O'Brien just wants the title ''Most played and unique MMO'' not ''World of Warcraft killer''

As said on the current page, if a football team beats the other football team doesn't mean that the beaten team will disband and never play again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it strange people perceive a manifesto of what they plan to do with the game as a solemn promise that cannot be broken lest they be damned to oblivion. Do people get this melodramatic about every other game they play? "YOU DIDN'T ADD THIS FEATURE IN TO THE GAME THAT YOU SAID YOU WOULD! THIS IS SYNONYMOUS WITH RAPING ME AND THROWING ME IN A RIVER!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I find it strange people perceive a manifesto of what they plan to do with the game as a solemn promise that cannot be broken lest they be damned to oblivion.
    Hey, they haven't strayed from their manifesto yet. Immediately makes them better than most politicians.

And to me, it also makes them better than Blizzard for not (yet) going back on their word.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    If i remember right, I remember rumors of GW2 being developed a couple months before Nightfall came out... christ that was a life time ago. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Hey, they haven't strayed from their manifesto yet. Immediately makes them better than most politicians.

And to me, it also makes them better than Blizzard for not (yet) going back on their word.
    Yah but a politician cant say "Good Morning" without lying twice. And a good way to tell if a blizzard dev is talking bullshit is when his lips are moving. Not exactly two entities with a very good reputation when it comes to not talking bull.
    But i cant blame people for being a bit skeptical. Everywhere you go people lie, and the gaming industry is no different. And im sure we'll catch Arenanet with their pants down at some point aswell. So far however, they seem more reputable then the average dev team. But no doubt theyll make a slip up eventually aswell, cause its so easy to do.