Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    One thing I notice is that the rogue is only damaging the claw and the boss. In our raid I'm on claw boss duty however we do ita bit different to help out with the black phase dmg. We tank Zonzoth where the claw will popup to start and as soon as the black phase pops I go straight to the eye that pops up behind where we are tanking. I stay on the Eye until its dead then run in and beat the crap out of Zon with sweeping strikes so the dmg hits the claw as well (remember boss takes extra dmg in black phase DON'T waste this opportunity to hurt him). This also allows ranged to start hauling ass out and killing the furthest adds asap.

Another thing it seem the eyes are just chain casting as the dmg you take from them is about double ours. Remember when they are crouching / look constipated they are casting... interrupt them ... counter spell, kick, silencing shot etc etc just lock down thoes eyes as much as possible! Looking at your logs... your druid, pallie, and yourself the mage are doing it .. but the rogue and hunters are not at all and that is extra dmg the healers need to fix.

My POV as a Eye, to zonzoth/claw melee player http://youtu.be/wqr5GHhEqyg if you have any questions feel free to pm me

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh also, since you have 3 melee and 3 ranged, if you were to do my method, replace "warlock" with your highest burst melee, and just leave the combat rogue and the other melee on the claw. You don't need 3 melee for the claw, but you will need help bursting down flails and eyes.

The spawn points are fixed regardless of where you tank the boss. I dunno what that guy is talking about

10+ Year Old Account
    Your dps, in general, is poor.

I'll be evaluating the longest attempt.

I play a rogue so I'll go with that. If this guy is only cleaving the boss with the claw, there is no reason for his dps to suffer due to movement, considering there is practically none involved. He/She has 2pc t13, yet only used Tricks twice the entire fight. It has a thirty second cooldown and if not used when energy capping, it should be used at least six times. His Adrenaline Rush usage was poor---the static CD of AR is 3 mims and with a six minute fight he should be able to use it three times at least (with evis knocking off 10 seconds each time). Killing's Spree CD is even less (2min, with 10 secs off every evisc) yet again he only uses it twice. Should be double that, at the very least.

Personally I can maintain at least a 98-99% uptime of slice and dice despite whichever encounter I'm doing, and for Heroic Zon I'm actively helping DPS the adds, yet my SnD is always up. His had an uptime of 56%. SnD is vital to good dps--this is effectively taking a large chunk of his damage away.

-This next part could be wrong if I'm misreading the Log-

The biggest issue is probably his uptime of Blade Flurry. If your rogue is staying on the boss and cleaving the claw when it comes out, why is Blade Flurry only up for 6% of the fight, and only used twice? If he's not using it during the add phase, he is losing half his DPS.

Your rogue also single targeted the claw instead of keeping his DPS on Zonozz while cleaving onto the claw. Which doesn't make a lot of sense.

Thank you very much for the rogue tips, our rogue has a great attitude and I'm sure he'll take this advice on.

I wanted to come back and once again thank all concerned, as we got our first kill last night.

We benched our resto druid for another, and went 7-7-7-5. We lost a 1% attempt when the ball decided to stay in melee and build stacks right at the end of the 4th ball phase, assumedly due to bad positioning and/or buggy mechanics, but we got him down on another attempt later in the night, with the last 1-2% kiting, evasion/cat-tanking et al. due to an otherwise wipe-inducing error near the end. Still we feel the tactics are solid and without these errors we would've been free and clear on both close attempts.

All the same the advice offered in this thread has helped us to our first kill, and I thoroughly recommend any others struggling to check it out. I'm happy we got this in before the 20% nerf considering all the attempts we put in.

Will see about uploading the latest WoL, I'm sure there will be more tips on individual play we can all improve to get this on farm.

So thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    great job sera,

Even thou you killed it but it might still be usefull if yoiu arent doing it, plus it might make your next kills easier (atleast a little bit). Dont forget to interupt the eyes. They dont have a cast bar, but you must watch for the channeling animation. From my own personal experience when people interupt them there is less damage flying around in an already hecktic black phase. Not to mention two eye beams on same target can pretty quickly kill even the best player if he doesnt receive some serrious atention.

15+ Year Old Account
    congrats on the kill happy you got it