Thread: Hagara 10M HC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Thanks to all your tips and helpful posts, last night we managed to get Hagara down to 18% (Our best try ever), tonight we plan on pushing this fight all the way and hopefully get this kill! Not to mention with the latest few posts of yet more tips we should be able to get it

Thanks everyone!

Not sure if it was mentioned but regarding the frost flake debuff any ability that removes slows will dispel the frostflake. Hand of Freedom, Master's Call, Dispersion, Druid Shifting, and even Gnome's Escape Artist racial will all remove the frost flake. It is important that the raid knows about it to avoid accidentally dropping a frost patch plus it also keeps mumble/vent clear so when a class that can't remove the debuff needs a dispel they can get it immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure your hunter is using aspect of the pack during the frost phases, but otherwise, it' looks liek you're doing it exactly as we do it, except we go 2 healers.
    Just takes a bit of practice and coordination, and make sure people prioritise staying alive over killing pillars, even if your team requires 2 or 3 rotations to get them down.

In terms of lightning phases, we actually use all 8 of us connecting the totems, 2 per connection, leaving healers in mid to go batshitcrazy
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

If your healers use grid, set it up so that the healer can see both the frostflake debuff and the debuff you get for being "inside" the bubble. As soon as someone has both, dispel them. Don't wait for a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    Hi, after killing Morchok, Yor'sahj, Ultraxion and Warlord on HC we've moved onto Hagara. This fight we're having a few issues with, we've followed guides from the most common sources and reviewed tips and replies here as well but we just can't get it down.

Frost Phase
    I will first explain what we do then explain what the issue(s) are.

For the frost phase we stack up on one pillar before the phase even starts so we can DPS straight away. After the pillar is down (usually before spikes even reach the outer run) we proceed to the second one, by the time we reach this someone has the Frostflake debuff.
    We call out the players name and they run to the bubble (middle), once there they then shout to be dispelled and we dispel.

The issues we are having is that we just aren't running around fast enough, we use movement cooldowns, Hand of Freedom, everything we possibly can but we just aren't fast enough. Also sometimes people get dispelled in the center and leave a patch across the whole walk way (just a learning issue).

We've tried stacking range in the middle, the healing was just too intense for us. Splitting into 3 groups, but the pillars didn't go down very fast.

Any tips/ticks much appreciated.

Lightning
    For the lightning phase we have 2 groups of 2 players, the rest stack on Hagara. Once the elemental dies, the 2 groups run around the room destroying all pillars. This is very hard to heal and sometimes we don't get it but 9/10 times it goes down no hiccups. We've tried the normal way of destroying pillars but that didn't seem to work very well for us.

Our raid compilation:
    1x Hunter
    1x Rogue
    2x Paladin healer
    1x Priest healer
    1x Priest dps
    1x Mage
    1x Warlock
    1x Druid healer/dps
    1x Warrior

We have no recent logs unfortunately

Thanks for any help/assistance!
    Hunter uses Aspect of the Pack during frost and you should have no issues. He loses some dps, but no one dies and melee get more uptime on each crystal.

Its not entirely nessecary to call out each person with the debuff. They just need to be watching themselves and run in when they get it. Your healers should all have their frames set up so they can see both the Frostflake debuff, and the debuff for being inside the bubble. When someone has both, BAM dispel, and they run out again. If someone is getting behind, just dip into the bubble and go behind the wall. If its still early in the phase, you might want to have a healer drop back with them for dispels.

People can dispel themselves if they wish. Things like bladestorm, masters call, freedom, escape artist, shapeshifting, human racial etc etc all remove the Frostflake (you still need to be inside the bubble

For Lightning, make sure your runners are using personal CDs to reduce the dmg intake. I'm not 100% sure if resist aura does nature dmg, but have your hunter swap to Aspect of the Wild as soon as the ele dies. Either way, theres nothing to dps, so it makes no difference to him.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    I'm not 100% sure if resist aura does nature dmg, but have your hunter swap to Aspect of the Wild as soon as the ele dies. Either way, theres nothing to dps, so it makes no difference to him.
    This, x100. Resistance Aura does not do nature resistance. Hunter needs to switch to Aspect of the Wild as soon as lightning phase starts.

The biggest piece of advice I have for this encounter, and any encounter really, is to maximize your learning time. Frost phase is where you can do this on this encounter and I highly recommend the following. For one pull, stop trying to kill the encounter and instead go until the first ice phase. Tell your dps to not dps the crystals and instead your raid's goal becomes to survive as long as you can in this phase (enrage is a good set goal to do this until). You may need to do this for more than one pull but you're able to condense the time it takes for your specific raid to learn this phase into as few pulls as possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pY30UIwjjQ
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

We just brute force the Frost Phases by using Hunter Aspect and running around dispelling asap. We use Druid Roars if people start getting too close to the Ice Walls. The Aspect negates the Frostpatches as long as you dont run at the edge of the platform like you dont know how basic mathematics work.
    To prove this we always have me and the raidleader race around the platform before the pull. He runs at the inner ring(where the Water Bubble ends), I run at the edge. He just runs normally, I use Nitro Boosts and Dash. He still beats me by quite a bit.

We do the Lightning Phase with 2 teams of 2(ret + boomkin, combat + random, usually feral tank) connecting stuff, preemptively positioning ourselves to break the first Conductor almost instantly, then running around getting the rest. The other people spread out around the middle to avoid the circles on the ground and just get healed up.

We do the fight with 3 healers, and always start with a Frost Phase. This week we were about 2 million off killing her before the 2nd Frost Phase.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU