What healing spec for dungeons? (leveling)

Simple question.. just started a priest and wanted to start healing some dungeons.. I'm currently only lvl 20... Anyways, healing spec for dungeons? Holy vs Disc.

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Disc is super easy and good dps at the same time. Just go atonement spec and smite away, with the occasional shield thrown in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizon View Post
    Simple question.. just started a priest and wanted to start healing some dungeons.. I'm currently only lvl 20... Anyways, healing spec for dungeons? Holy vs Disc.

Thanks in advance!
    Personally I find Discipline much more enjoyable as it has more interesting mechanics imo - like reducing the cd on inner focus or lowering duration of weakened soul etc.

Also Atonement <3<3<3

I guess i'll go disc then Btw, never heard of this atonement thing? Explain please ? XD

I have levelled as holy a few years ago and then as disc a month or so ago (on a new server, so new character). I enjoyed Disc so much better, mainly because you can dps 80% of the time until you hit Cataclysm zones and usually be #3/4 on the dps meters. While you dps, it also heals a nearby friendly if you spec correctly.

Go disc, you wont look back

Atonement (in the disc talent tree)
    Unlimited range
    When you deal damage with Smite or Holy Fire, you instantly heal a nearby low health friendly target within 15 yards from the enemy target equal to a percentage of the damage dealt.

If the Priest is healed through Atonement, the effect is reduced in half.

Ah i see Thanks for all answers

10+ Year Old Account
    No worries - hope you enjoy the specc

I'll have to be the weird one and say holy, I've always been holy. Disc is just so boring to me >:|

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutionxs View Post
    I'll have to be the weird one and say holy, I've always been holy. Disc is just so boring to me >:|
    Then you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atonement healing for leveling is really fun.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    I DOODLE!

10+ Year Old Account
    if i'm allowed to go offtopic for a sec *Hpalas are awsome*

now back to the topic, i'd say disc is probably your best bet, dungeons will go faster because you can dps, and out dps most dps classes, only loosing if the tank is in hierlooms.. Atonement is fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm atonement as well and I love it. However don't be that disc priest that only casts Holy Fire and Smite, at least toss in some shields and penance from time to time and use Gr Heal/Prayer of Healing when you need bigger/group heals.

The fun part atonement at least for me is it gives me something to do when there isn't much healing needed and it'll keep minor damage in check.

I leveled my priest recently and to be honest if you are also doing quests along with dungeons, then just spec shadow until you hit outlands. There is no difference in healing and it saves your instance run time with your extra dps. After that get your disc spec until you reach 85 with atonement.

I've healed with holy spec until level 60 realizing i have spammed more shadow dps spells than heals.