Tales of Vesperia

Anyone remember this game? Was widely panned and unpopular, but I rigged it out of my trunk and am growing attached to the game most likely due to nostalgia. Discuss

I actually just started playing it because I finally purchased a 360. Being a huge fan of Tales of Symphonia on GC, I'm really enjoying it so far. Also, it has a 79 on metacritic, so it doesn't seem like it was panned that badly...

Wasn't panned at all by the people whose opinions I listen to. I consider it one of the best RPGs I've played.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Tales of Vesperia was great, I mean most of the Tales games are great, but I really enjoyed the combat in this one, plus Repede was awesome :P!

Definitely one of my favorite games of all time. Every character is awesome and well developed, all of them grow as characters through out the story and none of left out. The story, while not the best story ever was definitely good. I've replayed ToV 4 or 5 times, I just wish they had a localized release for the PS3 version =/

Quote Originally Posted by Excellentastic View Post
    Definitely one of my favorite games of all time. Every character is awesome and well developed, all of them grow as characters through out the story and none of left out. The story, while not the best story ever was definitely good. I've replayed ToV 4 or 5 times, I just wish they had a localized release for the PS3 version =/
    It was discovered in 2012 the half finished localization of TOV was aborted because Microsoft wanted to keep the title 360 exclusive in the west. So bravo to crapbox for ruining our port

10+ Year Old Account
    A dog smoking a pipe is always a great way to get an audiences attention =p I love the Tales series!
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it was panned.. in any case it's also one of, if not my favourite RPG on the xbox360, and definitely my top 10 favourites of all time. Really enjoyable experience overall I would recommend to anyone who loves RPGs.

Deleted
    Definitely had a good run on it. *0 hours on one playthrough was tiring to say the least though it didn't really help I was after all the achievements either xD Still haven't got them all as it is. Would like to say it's up there with Symphonia as well.

For those interested in anime though, I would definitely recommend watching Tales of Vesperia First Strike due to it being just a prequel and setting some things up for the game itself.

Oh and Blah Blah Blah Tidal Wave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tales series in general doesn't get nearly the attention it deserves, probably why not all of their games get ported for a NA release =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy