Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    could just be gamestop being retarded but it is interesting that they have release date to pickup in store as 6/26/2012

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/gui...p&cross=640410

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zadeil View Post
    could just be gamestop being retarded but it is interesting that they have release date to pickup in store as 6/26/2012

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/gui...p&cross=640410
    unfortunatly you are not the 1st and not the last that links that about gamestop. I think that info, well speculation. Has agood number count 1000 already. if not even more

Quote Originally Posted by lolvik View Post
    Im willing to bet my soul that they won't be able to even imagine how the server are going to get loaded at launch.
    - And they sure as hell will be crowded, lol.
    Considering what they've got setup for overflow servers it will probably be much better than any other recent MMO launch. Every other game has had to either deal with crippeling server load, wait times to log in, or open too many new servers that become ghost towns after the initial rush is over, sometimes all 3. with GW2 peak time logins wind up in an overflow server so they can keep playing while they wait to log on to their home server. This will let them keep server pop's low enough to handle, eleminate much of the anoyance of launch day wait times, and keep total servers to a reasonable minimum for sustainability long term. Too much load on launch day? have 5, 10, or even 20 overflow servers ready to fire up as demand dictates.

Who is John Galt?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a problem then don't pre-buy it. however if you look at the beta videos and the fact they will give you access to the game. Aswell as the fact I remember them saying there was going to be fewer beta events for GW2 than there was for GW1..I'm betting the game isn't more than a few months out and we will have it by the new years at worst *most likely*.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I dont play Guild Wars

I'm a Wow player and soon to be a Diablo player

However

My GF was a HUUUUGGGEE fan of GW and fully intends to go full nerd when GW2 releases

Now here's the bad news. We only have ONE computer.... >_<

So is it safe to say I'll have a decent amount of time with Diablo before GW2 is released?
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    So is it safe to say I'll have a decent amount of time with Diablo before GW2 is released?
    At least a month or 2.

ANET already said what the release date is. It's 2012. Now stop asking.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess a month or two is better than nothing
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Keep in mind that the Asura and Silvari are not playable in this test, they'll require atleast 2-3 beta tests to properly polish too unless the staff are super observant with bugs. Considering the rate that the beta tests seem to be happening which is roughly 1 a month, im guessing a late July or early Aug launch, september at a push.

Although it would be ideal for both the playerbase and the company if they could get it out for summer for obvious reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    Guess a month or two is better than nothing
    or you could get her her own computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintlock View Post
    Have any of you ever pre-purchased a game before this?

Id expect the game to be out 2-3 months max, this is including time since the 10th. If you look at Steam, when a game is up for pre-purchase. You will usually have a 1-3 month wait max before the game goes live.

If we had to wait any longer, I doubt Anet would have asked us to put our money down. As people have said, the game is in polish mode. The devs have had a "core" beta test group since around the start of Febuary. This isnt an internal group. They would come from Aion and other games. Also QA staff hired in. Its just a bit of common courtesy that we wont be left waiting a long time for the live launch.

Ive actually been employed as QA / games tester in the past.
    Have you ever pre-purchased an MMO? The Old Republic was available for pre-purchase 5 months before release, and even then they rushed the release. GW2 being available for pre-purchase now is meaningless: it's possible that they foresee delays and want to lock down as many people as they can while the hype is still here, similar to The Old Republic (part of that was also probably to help fund the development, as rumours are it's been incredibly expensive). Of course, it's also possible that the release date is within the next few months, but my point is we have no idea and it's naive to say you expect the game to be out in 2-3 months max.

Diablo 3 has been in the polishing stages since Febuary of last year. That isn't even an MMO. (Source being the recent dev diaries)
    Last edited by Kalesh; 2012-04-23 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    Firstly you did not define "around the corner" is a corner for you 3 weeks, 3 months, 18 decades?

Secondly, due to it being a pre purchase thing, it would indicate NCSoft and investors getting antsy going "show us some money now or we will push the project out the door now even if it isn't fully how you want it"... Had the pre purchase come out April 10th and had no one done it that first week you probably would have seen them come out and go "release date is May 8th" because NCSoft would have cut off their development budget.

And thirdly comparing how everyone who pre purchases gets into the BWEs it indicates that they are already in a decent enough shape to be doing stress testing, which is normally one of the last stages of beta testing, not first stages, so though yes many things will change during beta its at least in a state to where if it got kicked out the door tomorrow it would be ok but not great (probably would feel better then ToR felt like for the first 5 months of "fun game but feels like its still in beta state" but still give that "not quit ready" feel)

All in all, yes it is probably not "right around the corner" as you worry, but its also probably in a much more ready state then you think, between the first and all following public events basically being a stress test, and between NCSoft getting antsy wanting money to not push it out early. You can say that they wouldn't do that all you want because Anet is saying they wouldn't, but if you are gambling that much money on something and its been many years you too would start to get "hey wheres my return on my investment", pre purchasing a game has been a great way to get funding for that final push when your publishers refuse to continue supporting your team.

Most intelligent post so far.

thats a true statement but in a not so vulgar way. but anyways if people could use their head not to be rude to think that hey gw2 hasnt been around the corner for 5 years. since first announced they would know

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    or you could get her her own computer.
    Too many other things to spend that thousand dollars on