Deleted

[Bio]: Savonyth Skullshatter

Name: Savonyth 'Sav' Skullshatter (born Savonyth Tel'nithe)

Race: Sin'dorei

Class: Warrior

Languages: Thalassian, Orcish, very basic Common.

Personality: Savonyth is very emotionally driven; choosing ruthlessness and brutality over the traditional Elven archetypes of grace and beauty. He can be quick to anger, mistrusts everyone he meets until they prove themselves otherwise, but is fiercely loyal to those who have won his trust. He's very blunt, quick-witted and favours a sort of savage honesty. He's by no means a 'people person', independant, strong minded, and some might say agressively stuck to his viewpoints. Savonyth can often be stubborn, has a high tendancy towards dissidency against any government establishment and favours freedom above all.

Likes: A good spar with both weapons and words, the chaos of a heated battle, sarcasm and wit, finely made heavy weaponry and plate armour, crafting said weapons and armour, mead, Goblin tech. He loves the Horde, and his 'partner', Teren.

Dislikes: Humans, Kaldorei, most of Silvermoon's government, nobility of any kind, law-enforcing systems, losing a fight, Trolls, those who place emphasis on magical ability (due to his inherent lack of said magical ability), disloyalty, pretentious people, or those overly concerned with appearances.

Strengths: Savonyth is an excellent melee fighter, favouring two handed axes as his main weapon. He's able to strike with force and precision, even when wearing heavily reinforced plate armour. This is due to his unwavering dedication to his training. His knowledge of the inner workings of the battlefield is extensive, and he's pretty intelligent, particularly considering his lowborn status. He can also craft armour and weapons of a decent standard.

Weaknesses: Savonyth has been described by Magisters as 'magically defective'. Unlike most of his kin, he has absolutely no magical ability whatsoever, most likely due to some sort of defect in the structure of his brain. Because of the heavy armour he wears in battle, and his bulky body structure, he's neither fast, nor agile. Rogues and those trained in the arts of stealth/speed prove quite the challenge for him in combat. His outspokenness and brutal honesty often gets him into awkward situations, and when it comes to tactics, he tends to take the 'CHARGE IN KILL EVERYTHING' approach, and is entirely immovable in his views.

History: Savonyth was born to a Murder Row harlot, with absolutely no knowledge of who his father may have been. His upbringing was no where near as salubrious as those of the uppercastes of Silvermoon society. He spent most of his early life amongst the whores, mercenaries and other unsavoury characters of the 'Row. His sheer lack of magical ability and lowborn status meant that he was for the most part regarded with contempt, and found it difficult to find a place in Thalassian society. He wanted nothing more than to serve as a soldier in the Thalassian army, but recieved no formal military training. After his application to fight as a part of the Elven forces in the Second War was refused on the grounds of lack of training, he became a Blacksmith's apprentice; learning to forge armour that he would never learn to use. He lived a short while in Lordaeron during the alliance between the Lordaeronian Humans and the Quel'dorei, but soon left due to the humans' growing disdain for the Elven people.

Throughout these years, Savonyth's resentment towards the ruling elite of Silvermoon only grew. He found himself in a state of loathing towards the nobles, who seemed to him excessively decadent, living in a land of plenty while he, a lowborn, struggled to scrap himself a living. By the time the Scourge invasion had ravaged through Quel'thalas and the Traitor Prince left his people in search of the 'promised land' of Draenor, Savonyth's hate for his own society had festered considerably. Such hate was easily preyed upon by Selthiras Highvale- the enigmatic leader of a dissident resistance order bent on ending the Magisterium's increasingly totalitarian reigeme, and finding a non-Demonic solution for the arcane hunger of the Thalassian people. Savonyth joined the Order as Selthiras' student, enthralled by the prospect of proper military training and a chance to fight back against society. The order's movements consisted of anything from vandalism to murder of government officials. Savonyth was trained and educated by Highvale, and found a firm home with the order and its members; coming to regard them as the family he never had.

However, the order's dissidency against the Magisterium could never last, particularly after it stepped up its activity as a backlash to the exile of the Quel'dorei. Savonyth, among a couple of other rebels, was eventually captured by the Guard, emprisoned and tortured for information about the Order and its mysterious leader. Racked with guilt, Selthiras turned himself in to the government to be sentanced to death on condition for Savonyth's release. Savonyth was indeed released, but, under Selthiras' previous instruction, fled to Orgrimmar for training under a retired Orcish Warrior named Khazran Skullshatter , who Selthiras had become aquainted with during his voyage to Outland just after the Sin'dorei allied themselves with the Horde. To Savonyth, the Horde was the only means to freedom; such freedom that would not be obtained by remaining in Silvermoon and accepting its harsh reigeme.

Savonyth found little solace in the savage city of Orgrimmar. As a Sin'dorei, he was regarded with mistrust by the Horde's older citizens, but even still, Khazran Skullshatter agreed to take the Sin'dorei in for training in order to 'prove what the Sin'dorei are worth'. Khazran was what could have been considered an extremely liberal Horde loyalist, taking the stance race and culture was irrelevant where furthering the Horde's intrests were concerned, and he instilled such views in his new student. Savonyth was trained rigorously, expanding upon the training he had already recieved from Selthiras. It was here that he was taught to revere the codex of the Horde and to fight with ruthlessness and honour. He spent a good number of years training with the Orc, learning to master his new weapon of choice- the axe.

By the time that Khazran fell at the hands of the Kaldorei in Ashenvale, Savonyth had come to respect the old Orc greatly, almost as a son would respect his father. Completely casting aside any remnants of his allegiance to Quel'thalas, as a final act of resistance, Savonyth took on the name Skullshatter, and swore to fight for the Horde until death. To him, the Horde meant freedom like that he had never experienced before.

Hey, I'm new to the forums, first time posting, and I thought i'd introduce you all to my all-time favourite OC, Savonyth (known mostly as Sav). I've been RPing him for roughly a year now, and have spent gruelling hours perfecting his story to the best of my ability. I'm well aware that a lot of his background runs along rather speculative lore, but I find immense enjoyment in said speculation.
    Nice to meet you all. ^^

---------- Post added 2012-04-23 at 10:03 PM ----------

Oh, and any feedback/constructive critisism is welcome. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like this. From rebel to warrior, from deceit to honor, great character. Also, I like the idea of a Blood Elf being a strong warrior with such a crude name and weapon, very unexpected and engaging. However, I feel like the Bio's missing something, sheer resentment leads to a somewhat dull existence. To tell you the truth I was hoping for a lost romance or something, perhaps an event he could hold on to along his journey, something to grip for dear life and sanity. I look forward to sharing the forums with you.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like it, he's a foil to my Noxvari in more than a few ways. She was born into nobility and lived to serve her people, got formal training as a ranger corps sniper, loyally fought under Kael and only then realized her people were useless and turned into an arrogant, morally gray, racist bitch with a warped sense of honor. She would naturally hate him because of his loyalty to the Horde - she has absolutely zero. ;p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darced View Post
    I really like this. From rebel to warrior, from deceit to honor, great character. Also, I like the idea of a Blood Elf being a strong warrior with such a crude name and weapon, very unexpected and engaging. However, I feel like the Bio's missing something, sheer resentment leads to a somewhat dull existence. To tell you the truth I was hoping for a lost romance or something, perhaps an event he could hold on to along his journey, something to grip for dear life and sanity. I look forward to sharing the forums with you.
    I do see what you mean with the 'missing something'. I think, for the most part what kept him going was the sheer instinct of self-survival that, in my interpretation of the Blood Elven lore, is something naturally instilled in the Sin'dorei as a collective race due to the fact that they've had to suffer a lot of bad fortune since they left Kalimdor as the Highborne. Once he meets Selthiras, it's really that which keeps him going. The rebellion, the love for his comrades in the Order and the training that becomes his driving force. After that, it's the Horde.
    Unfortunately I'm not a huge fan of writing romance, so that one's out for sure. His chance at romance comes much later in Orgrimmar when he meets somewhat of a kindred spirit. ^^

Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    I like it, he's a foil to my Noxvari in more than a few ways. She was born into nobility and lived to serve her people, got formal training as a ranger corps sniper, loyally fought under Kael and only then realized her people were useless and turned into an arrogant, morally gray, racist bitch with a warped sense of honor. She would naturally hate him because of his loyalty to the Horde - she has absolutely zero. ;p
    After reading your character bio for your Noxvari, I can see these two are almost exact opposites! Save for the fact that they're both magically inept and suffered for it as a result. Glad you like my bio.