Poll: Do you have a Girl/Guy that got away?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    With my talent to not spot when girls like me I usually mis out on relationships. (I think they look at me as a friend and nothing more)
    My best one yet was first year of college.
    Girl: So are you going to the galabal?
    Me: Nah, people shouldn't bother me with that kind of rubbish.
    By the time I had realised what actually happened it was too late :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but I dont really take it seriously. So many girls out there, if someone got away then perhaps they were meant to...? Or maybe I was just too big of a coward to do anything!

Either way, plenty of fish in the sea, I guess.
    Hi

Nope. I met the girl I love last year on the 26th of April and we'll have been together for a year now in a couple of days time, merrily looking forward to many more

She hasn't "gotten away", but complicated circumstances are preventing anything real from happening at the moment.

Kinda, and it's left me in a serious rutt because I didn't realise how perfect the guy was for me until it was far too late. Also, it doesn;'t help that I am already in a 9 year long relationship, although for me my partner feels more like a friend than anything else.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a few get away, and all the better. Heard they all had kids before they could drink, glad it wasn't my mistake. I found the right one now.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Yeah, she got away. Good thing I was wearing the mask.
    lmfao, that made me chuckle in rl, plus rep for you
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

I voted Other...

It was 'yes' and 'we ended up together'.

Now of course, I'm alone, destitute and without hope.

Deleted
    Somehow I'm starting to think I'm unable to feel anything beyond "that girl is cute/pretty/whatever" after reading these posts.

I simply cannot understand why anyone would go to such lengths for a single person (and yet I do.. but I don't know the emotion as to why).

Makes me wonder if it's either because I haven't socialized enough in my younger years or because of something else. It's weird.

And no, I am not even the slightest hint of gay. I don't despise gay people either, as long as they keep it away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Somehow I'm starting to think I'm unable to feel anything beyond "that girl is cute/pretty/whatever" after reading these posts.

I simply cannot understand why anyone would go to such lengths for a single person (and yet I do.. but I don't know the emotion as to why).

Makes me wonder if it's either because I haven't socialized enough in my younger years or because of something else. It's weird.

And no, I am not even the slightest hint of gay. I don't despise gay people either, as long as they keep it away from me.
    you just havent met the right person yet who will do it to you

You're missing the "No, there never was one that got away" option. As in, you just don't have any you'd have considered "gotten away" or worthy of being called that should they leave.

[E] To extrapolate, I've had several long-term relationships that have ended ('cause, you know, I'm not in one now), but I wouldn't consider any of them to have "gotten away." At least not in the sense that I'd want them back.

Breakups happen for a reason, and generally once you actually move on, you realize that.

I guess I just don't cling to the past, or to an image of what I thought a person was. They are who they are, and if you left them, there was probably a good reason. If they left you, there was probably also a good reason. Pining after someone who left you isn't being sad that person left you, it's being sad that they weren't the person you were convinced they were.
    Last edited by Torq; 2012-04-24 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    You're missing the "No, there never was one that got away" option. As in, you just don't have any you'd have considered "gotten away" or worthy of being called that should they leave.

[E] To extrapolate, I've had several long-term relationships that have ended ('cause, you know, I'm not in one now), but I wouldn't consider any of them to have "gotten away." At least not in the sense that I'd want them back.

Breakups happen for a reason, and generally once you actually move on, you realize that.

I guess I just don't cling to the past, or to an image of what I thought a person was. They are who they are, and if you left them, there was probably a good reason. If they left you, there was probably also a good reason. Pining after someone who left you isn't being sad that person left you, it's being sad that they weren't the person you were convinced they were.
    I share this outlook. It is healthy and mature. It is part of living in the present and building for the future.

I had a couple of relationships with good girls end because of our immaturity. But they let me learn from my mistakes and discovered what I really wanted in a woman. Now I'm with the girl of my dreams, and I have to say I couldn't have done it without my exes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I let a good one go but found someone else even better.

No, I'm happy in love.

Missed oppurtunities for random fun stuff with random pleasent/good lucking girl though, hell yeah. I think everyone has had those moments the day after when you are in the shower trying to shower away the hangover and you find yourself saying "wtf didn't I do this or that".
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

She got away but I chased her back down

Deleted
    I should have tied them tighter.

I generally don't care if somebodys leaves.

Hell at the moment I'm fooling around with a chick who has a fiance (or had they recently broke up) but hit it while they were together who is messing around with my other friend who I have lied to about doing things with her while he is doing things with him. AND YES..I'm drunk
    I'm a man whore :X