View Poll Results: What's better?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • CTC Cap -> Stamina

34 91.89%
  • CTC Cap -> Dodge/Parry

3 8.11%

CTC Cap -> Stamina vs. CTC Cap -> Dodge/Parry

Which do you think is better for a Protection Paladin?

Currently I'm optimized for CTC Cap -> Stamina and am sitting at 102.56% CTC, 17.07% dodge, and 18.03% parry with around 225k health (all buffed + feast and flask).

What do you guys think is best? Because with DR it seems after the CTC, Stamina is the way to go.
    Last edited by Maester; 2012-04-23 at 10:10 PM.

Stamina. Simply because nothing hits hard except for impales on madness hc which only stamina will help on.
    Got questions about mages or want your logs analyzed? Feel free to PM me, or better yet, post on altered-time.com forums.
    Twitter - Armory - Twitch.tv
    Altered Time - The #1 mage community.

I would say to go with stamina, a) it suffers from no DR while increasing the ap you get from vengeance. b) it is definate, dodge and parry is never 100% going to happen. c) on HC bosses extra health helps regardless with big hits like impale.

Quote Originally Posted by lsmf5 View Post
    I would say to go with stamina, a) it suffers from no DR while increasing the ap you get from vengeance. b) it is definate, dodge and parry is never 100% going to happen. c) on HC bosses extra health helps regardless with big hits like impale.
    Yes I was thinking this. We're doing Reg. right now (as you can tell from my gear) and even then I think Stamina is the way to go, soaking up hits for sure instead of the chance of dodge/parrying them.

CTC cap INCLUDES dodge and parry, it is not block alone. It is the combination of your block, dodge, parry, and miss chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    sitting at 102.56% block, 17.07% dodge, and 18.03% parry
    No, you're not, more like 67.46% block.

Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    No, you're not, more like 67.46% block.
    Thanks for pointing out the mistake.

Can I have a third option of CTC cap + Dodge/Parry + Stamina ?

The scaling of stamina this tier is incredible, the better the gear gets the less mastery you need, the more you convert into stamina, all the while you gain about 100 stamina per upgrade depending on your previous gear.

An example to illustrate the level of madness involved:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hoice/advanced that's my main paladin, 232k hp unbuffed @ 406
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hoice/advanced alt paladin, 195k hp @ 392

(both are fully optimised to be ctc capped fully buffed)

The stamina simple provides a more noticeable affect, once you're at CTC your incoming damage can only really scale with your block:dodge/parry ratio, and that difference is negligible when you consider how much raw benefit stamina provides.

Avast | Signature by Pangcakes | YouTube Channel

to much unavoidable/spell damg in dragon soul to be anything other than stamina. after you get cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    What the fuck did you just say.

Absolutely stam IMO.

Stamina due to spell damage. If you use Souldrinker then bigger heals, if you don't then more vengeance and you hit like a truck.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up you spack cunt.