Connection Issues

Lately i have been getting 5-10 second lag spikes while playing WoW on my desktop which is directly connected to the modem. However, this only occurs when someone gets on our laptop which is connected through wifi. If no one is on our wifi, my gaming is smooth w/ no lag spikes. This just started happening within the past couple months. I also make sure when someone is on the laptop that they are not downloading vids, etc. I lag from them just logging on facebook or browsing the internet. Any suggestions to help would be lovely.

Could you give some more details on your setup? What is the wifi device, how is it connected to your computer and the modem?

My modem is the new one from AT&T called a Pace 4111N. The wifi is build into the modem. The desktop i play on is directly connected to the modem with an ethernet cable. The laptop (brand new) is connected through the wifi of the Pace modem.

This is a shot in the dark, but try setting the wireless to use 802.11g exclusively and reboot the router.

I just tried that and i believe it may have made it worse, switched it back to 802.11n/b/g 2.4 GHZ

Sounds like another PoS att all-in-one. Ask for another one or different model. I would probably just disable the wireless and purchase my own wireless access point.