An Alien game? Eww right? I think not

So I want to know what you guys think of Aliens: CM? As a long-time fan of the original movies (And i do mean the originals, I cried during AVP for tarnishing Scott's original Vision) but I have noticed that Alien games in the past have been mediocre at best. However, this game has been labeled the true canon sequel to Aliens and has been sanctioned by Scott himself. In my opinion a horde mode is all you would need for this game for it to be good (Stole this from a youtube comment) So what do you guys think of Aliens Colonial Marines? Another bust? Genius? Let me know, Oh and best part... Drop in drop out 4-player Co-op.

Trailers:

First Level Spoilers:
    Last edited by looopy; 2012-04-23 at 11:47 PM.
    I thought Dragon Age 2 was innovative and groundbreaking!
    lol >.>

The game look good, I hope there will be more spooky stuff and not just full action all the time, like places were the tiniest sound will make you jump in your chair.

And newb question: Canon is not real story right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaliciouz View Post

And newb question: Canon is not real story right?
    The opposite, actually. Canon is stuff that really officially happened in the actual story.

So stuff like, say, Thrall showing up in another game (Is Blizzard still working on DOTA All-Stars?) isn't canon, nor is Solid Snake showing up in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. But Ridley Scott is basically saying "all of this is what happened after the second Aliens movie".

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks beautiful!

It takes me right back to the 1st time I saw a t.v. commercial for the original Alien (1979) as a child & gave me the same sort of feeling when Aliens (1986) came out. It feels like a natural extension of these for sure.

On a silly note, it made me think of this;

Ridley Scott & the man who created all the artwork & design for the actual aliens in Alien & Aliens etc, H.R. Giger, is one of my personal artistic heroes. He is an amazing genius & his Alien designs both repulse & captivate me to the core.

Some of his work is NSFW/NSFkids, but I LOVE his BIOMECHANICS the most. Search at your own risk ~.^

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlily View Post

Ridley Scott & the man who created all the artwork & design for the actual aliens in Alien & Aliens etc, H.R. Giger, is one of my personal artistic heroes. He is an amazing genius & his Alien designs both repulse & captivate me to the core.

Some of his work is NSFW/NSFkids, but I LOVE his BIOMECHANICS the most. Search at your own risk ~.^
    Scott is a genius, Although he has recently gone down hill.
    I thought Dragon Age 2 was innovative and groundbreaking!
    lol >.>

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give it a try. Aliens was a great movie and I'd love to see them expand on it.

I thought the original AvP game was pretty awesome
    8.7 user review: http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/196582-al...ersus-predator

I'm excited for the new Colonial Marines, I'm also excited for Prometheus too! Gonna be a good Alien year, I hope

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty promising. I sincerely hope the multiplayer side of it will be bearable. And that the entire game won't be some piece of crap port to the PC with terrible graphics because of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll enjoy it, the other alien game was great too imo. The first level, humans side, night club, pitch black, only your flashlight. One of the greatest levels ever.

Deleted
    If the co-op reviews well, I'll definitely be picking this up. Not on release day though, I'll probably wait for a week and check out all the reviews first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks interesting, I remember the first one scaring the crap out of me, but it looks more like a straight shoot 'em up. Looks awfully linear too.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I thought the original AvP game was pretty awesome
    8.7 user review: http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/196582-al...ersus-predator
    This, the Original AVP game on the PC was awesome. my fondest moment was decapitating a marine with my spear as a predator and lodging spear and head in the wall behind him.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this would be an awesome co-op game.

Ok, what's the problem with the Aliens as computer game. They were shit lol.

I have played Aliens on C64 back in the 80s. It wasn't good. Played an Amiga game called Alien Breed. It was mildly amusing. I have the AVP game for PC, it was shit.

Anyway the problem with the Alien story is that it's just good enough for a minor plot in a game. Like Quake or Mass Effect or even WOW if you consider Silithids as aliens. But srsly it's just not strong enough to build a whole game around it.

Anyway, waiting on Prometheus. ^^

AvP was awesome! You're crazy!!!

Also loved Alien 3 on the SNES back in the day. The music and sounds from that game still gives me chills!

Really looking forward to this game. Hope it turns out to be awesome.

It's the first Alien game with AAA hype/marketing. Must be why it also looks like yet another linear cinematic shooter. Color me indifferent.

I wish Sega hadn't cancelled that Alien RPG from Obsidian. Apparently that project was going a lot better than Alpha Protocol.

I hope it turns out good, but the early walkthrough footage left much to be desired (which is why it is early and still in development). They have good talent there, so I'm hoping for the best.