Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    I'm glad to know that it wasn't just my inability to heal through that phase, being I'm not supposed to be able.
    Yeah that is definitely not on you. If you could heal through that phase I would pay you to reroll on my server and join us.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    ok with this do they stay behind YOU tank as you kite or do they stay behind boss cuz i suggested staying behind tank s dps dont get stuck behind orbs but he didnt seem to like that idea
    As i said before, NEVER stay in front of the boss due to cone frontal attack, sides or back.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Yeah that is definitely not on you. If you could heal through that phase I would pay you to reroll on my server and join us.
    I actually was close. He hit it at around 20% and we got him to 6%. Well, I guess close is relative.

Deleted
    our group had trouble first time until we learned the tactics, mara, powertech dps, powertech tank, operative healer pretty much full rakata (remodded) except healer missing a couple of pieces. Since then i've done it swapping the mara for a sniper, and once with me tanking (usually i'm dps) in full rakata powertech (not remodded) merc, sniper and operative pugged (2 piece tionese rest blues)

Honestly I found melee/ranged doesn't matter, you just need good dps, intelligent players and most importantly interrupts. With 3 interrupts (tank + 2 dps) you get all his troublesome attacks (1 inceinerate, 2 plasma arcs) and it's much easier, tank has to just use his surronds and repostion for the dps as needed.

I'd suggest maybe your vanguard picking up quell (or what ever its equivilent is, 6 second cooldown interrupt) if you still struggle with the same group, as when we had mercs( your mirror) it was harder to heal as one plasma arc was always going off.

and yes i did say 2 tionese rest blues operative, he healed the whole hardmode, got recruited into the guild pretty fast after that and just got 5 rakata pieces on his first raid night.

Deleted
    I kind of do not understand all this whining. We did the first boss on the first day with setup: assassin tank, powertech melee dps, Juggernaut melee dps and operative healer. The only and i really mean only thing that we missed was ranged interrupt when boss decided to cast incinerate while we were dragging him over to next spot. Therefore one dps had to turtle together with him to interrupt. electric arc(electric thingy aoe which does 4k to everyone in certain range is also interruptable ) Frankly if you use correct tactic it is roughly equal whether you play melee or ranged - as long as your party is not brain dead. Tactic is simple - all sit on boss ass, when electric dome is cast all move together and all dps and healers stay clustered on boss ass(because dome ALWAYS hit non tank and if everyone stay in one place and check beneath the ground you always know where exactly dome will hit). Then interrupt incinerate, interrupt arc and dps your heart out. Pretty easy.
    Last edited by mmoc08864b27fe; 2012-04-25 at 09:17 AM.

Deleted
    Pretty much this. Also, if you are a bit short on interrupts, just focus on incinerate. It is the big thing that hurts, the electric arc can totally be healed through.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwindas View Post
    I kind of do not understand all this whining. We did the first boss on the first day with setup: assassin tank, powertech melee dps, Juggernaut melee dps and operative healer. The only and i really mean only thing that we missed was ranged interrupt when boss decided to cast incinerate while we were dragging him over to next spot. Therefore one dps had to turtle together with him to interrupt. electric arc(electric thingy aoe which does 4k to everyone in certain range is also interruptable ) Frankly if you use correct tactic it is roughly equal whether you play melee or ranged - as long as your party is not brain dead. Tactic is simple - all sit on boss ass, when electric dome is cast all move together and all dps and healers stay clustered on boss ass(because dome ALWAYS hit non tank and if everyone stay in one place and check beneath the ground you always know where exactly dome will hit). Then interrupt incinerate, interrupt arc and dps your heart out. Pretty easy.
    It can hit the tank. It's a very small chance to happen, but it can hit the tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    It can hit the tank. It's a very small chance to happen, but it can hit the tank.
    We've had it hit the tank twice one time. We had all ranged too, but it still dropped on the tank.

Deleted
    We've had it hit the tank too. Wondering if it's intended or a bug,considering how rarely it happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by robotsdontcry View Post
    We've had it hit the tank too. Wondering if it's intended or a bug,considering how rarely it happens.
    Its intended. That same fight mechanic exists during the second boss in Denova.

It typically hits ranged, but sometimes it will spawn on healers/tanks ontop of the tanks. There is a percentage so if it happens you're just unlucky. If it was programmed to NOT spawn on the tank, then everyone could stack on the person who is your tank and not worry about it spawning. Mechanics can be easily cheesed :/

Deleted
    It can hit tank ONLY if tank is not capable of keeping agro. That ability never targets anyone on the top of agro list.

It can hit tank ONLY if tank is not capable of keeping agro. That ability never targets anyone on the top of agro list.
    We had it hit the tank yesterday with 2 range and me healing. We were in the middle of dealing with the adds when he dropped one on the tank, so I know nobody stole aggro, especially being it was in the middle of the fight and the tank had aggro for some time now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, I will say that it hit our tank twice in the same fight. He is 4/5 campaign geared. He really does not lose aggro unless it was purposefully to another tank for switches. He was hit by the lightning during this boss fight. It can happen, though it is a small chance.

This is all well and good when the boss actually moves. But we've had problems with the boss just rooting himself in place, while the tank had aggro, and just not move. It makes melee dps problematic as they simply can't get on the boss when he decides to stand in the bubble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskmourne View Post
    This is all well and good when the boss actually moves. But we've had problems with the boss just rooting himself in place, while the tank had aggro, and just not move. It makes melee dps problematic as they simply can't get on the boss when he decides to stand in the bubble.
    We've had this happen from time to time. wonder if it is intended

Deleted
    melees are allways in every game harder to handle

Quote Originally Posted by Duskmourne View Post
    when he just stands still thats him doing his experimental cannon and all the aggro in the world will not get him to move sadly you have to wait that out and if tank still has the aggro boss will go right to him

10+ Year Old Account
    I downed this guy with a vanguard tank, me (balance shadow), a scrapper scoundrel and a commando healer.

We kited the boss along the edge of the room, starting on the left side (near the tanks) and the healer kept out of range. As soon as the boss dropped an orb we'd call it and have the tank move around the room clockwise, using the pillars around the edge to LOS the boss. The scoundrel and I would keep on incinerates, and between the two of us it was pretty much locked down. We didn't worry about the adds too much, using normal dps rotations, with the commando throwing out mortar volley if he was ok on healing, and the scoundrel doing fly by.

As people have said though, the boss was moving more than it wasn't. The tank is integral to this fight though, and he should be focusing almost exclusively on kiting the boss when needed.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild