Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    this, the keyboard has some many options it's unreal.
    prior to my razer naga i used the following keys for my warrior tank in wow: ctrl, shift, caps, tab, 1,2,3,4,q,e,r,t,f,g,z,x,c,v,space, (wasd movement),~, (many of these were modified with Shift aswell giving even more keybinds).

That being said: i DO want to be able to modify heavily
    The main reason I have to be against modifiers is that I want to use ctrl for dodging. If they ensure that that works even with a system that allows modifiers, then I have nothing against it either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    Did somebody say Razer naga FTW . Ill just be writing my own macros in my Naga that fixes everything... On click ground target abilities and everything woo hoo...
    I don't think you'll need it, Lewis (Yogscast) mentioned in one of his videos that there's a quick-cast function you can enable in the options. When you hit a button for a ground-targeted effect, it's cast where your mouse is currently.

Deleted
    Though I always bind everything, I don't really think we would miss modifier binds that much in GW2. Simply because GW2 has less buttons to press and no need for focus-target etc (right? ). Basic PvP movement/combat is more important than the number of skills you can press. That doesn't mean I wouldn't welcome modifier keybinds though, F-keybinds and such are indeed horrible keys to press and we also still have to rebind stuff like weapon swaps, dodges and targeting and the such. We'll see if the BWE has it, but I'm not too sure since GW1 didn't have modifier binds neither.

Alright so since it was too long but I'm bored and spent my team reading anyways you're basically saying...

"I have fat stubby fingers and other HARDCORES do TOO so give us moar binds"

Save up your allowance... buy a naga, stop complaining.

Saying there is 'no counter to my arguement' is basically like saying 'fuck you guys, I'm taking my ball and going home cause I want it MY WAY'. And before you respond, there is no counter to my arguement because you 'only need 80$' therefore I'm right.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best and easiest way to address this complaint is to start a sort of "petition" to all BWE users to constantly put in feed back whereever you can saying modifiers....we need them...if 100's of people at every opportunity to give feedback say MODIFIERS!!!!!!!! mARRHGWEHSBVIBCVIJBWFHIWB!!!!!!!! they will listen I promise you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    Saying there is 'no counter to my arguement' is basically like saying 'fuck you guys, I'm taking my ball and going home cause I want it MY WAY'. And before you respond, there is no counter to my arguement because you 'only need 80$' therefore I'm right.
    Do you have a reasonable point against more possible ways to customise your keybinds? Just curious.
    Last edited by mmoce8faa0dee2; 2012-04-24 at 01:25 PM.

If its not in ill make feedback asking for it. Simple enough, if everyone that is in the beta and wants modifiers does this im sure they would listen. I cannot think of any good reason why modifiers wouldnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    If its not in ill make feedback asking for it. Simple enough, if everyone that is in the beta and wants modifiers does this im sure they would listen. I cannot think of any good reason why modifiers wouldnt work.
    This is how you approach criticisms to a game. Not demanding things from the company.

And I honestly believe the game won't need that many modifiers. Like terrahero says, if enough people ask (politely) I'm sure they'll work on a way to get it into the game in a reasonable amount of time.(though likely not before release depending on the complexity of the code they already have)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    Alright so since it was too long but I'm bored and spent my time reading. Anyways you're basically saying...

"I have fat stubby fingers and other HARDCORES do TOO so give us moar binds"

Save up your allowance... buy a Naga, stop complaining.
    This is what you get out of this thread?

Seriously?

How is less customization a good thing? Why wouldn't they put in the use of modifiers? It can't take more than an hour of coding, so it's not like it's hard to do for them.
    Just because you don't want/need the customization, doesn't mean nobody else does. Not to mention how Arenanet would look if they didn't put it in: "Yeah, we've worked really hard on this game for five years, so it could be the best game ever, but we couldn't really be bothered to program a shift-modifier in it."

And that line about the Naga hardly served a purpose, other than belittling those who don't agree with you.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Anyone have any good reccomendations for a LEFT HANDED multibutton mouse?

Wait a bit for naga?

ps: in response for the comment just above mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildclaw View Post
    WASD - Movement
    1-5 - Weapon Skills
    Ctrl - Dodge modifier
    Shift - Jump
    Caps Lock - Loot
    Tab - Switch weapon
    Q - Heal
    ERF - Utilty
    G - Elite
    Space,CVB - Profession specific skills

There is also Alt,T,Z,X,~ and extra mouse buttons if you dislike some of the suggestions.

Also, anyone with a programmable mouse should definitely prefer the current system, because it makes dodging more efficient. (While holding W+D you can tap ctrl and immediately dodge)
    Really? You mean programming my keyboard like this will completely solve the issue of my muscle memory responding to shift 1-5? By god, if I knew I could just program one of my profession skills to the space bar I wouldn't have bothered worrying about this feature in the first place!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Why wouldn't they put in the use of modifiers? It can't take more than an hour of coding, so it's not like it's hard to do for them.
    It is not so simply as you make it sound. How do you suggest that they allow modifiers+keys while maintaining the feature of using modifiers alone, without modifying the GUI.

Try setting a weapon skill to ctrl+1 in your ordinary first person shooter and you'll see what I mean.

---------- Post added 2012-04-24 at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rahzael View Post
    Really? You mean programming my keyboard like this will completely solve the issue of my muscle memory responding to shift 1-5? By god, if I knew I could just program one of my profession skills to the space bar I wouldn't have bothered worrying about this feature in the first place!
    Muscle memories take about one week to reprogram in general. If you are so hardcore about the game that you care about key bindings to start with, then muscle memory is the least of your concerns.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is not so simply as you make it sound. How do you suggest that they allow modifiers+keys while maintaining the feature of using modifiers alone, without modifying the GUI.

Try setting a weapon skill to ctrl+1 in your ordinary first person shooter and you'll see what I mean.
    Yeah, I oversimplified it a bit, but still, the benefits it gives to the players should be worth the time spend on it.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    I don't think you'll need it, Lewis (Yogscast) mentioned in one of his videos that there's a quick-cast function you can enable in the options. When you hit a button for a ground-targeted effect, it's cast where your mouse is currently.
    Unfortunately, some people in the beta said that was not actually how smart casting worked for AoE skills, and that it simply used the skill directly under an enemy (which I would hate)
    I'm very much hoping that the yogscast is right and that the NDA breakers are wrong, but we'll have to see in the 'open' beta coming up.
    I can't see Simon and Lewis testing it extensively, so I don't doubt they could have gotten the way that fast casting works slightly wrong.

Really hope they were right, but not getting my hopes TOO high.

Curious about that as well Delias. We will see this weekend how it all pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Yeah, I oversimplified it a bit, but still, the benefits it gives to the players should be worth the time spend on it.
    You didn't oversimplify it: He overcomplicated it. There is an options menu with plenty of space for people to toggle between allowing or disallowing modifier keys. I'm not sure what would lead anyone to think they have to choose one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by trakbob View Post
    I guess you got the Razor Naga then? If so, I'm pretty sure you can keybind them as you like with macros anyway. Like with alot of other gaming mouses/keyboards.
    I have a five button mouse.

Button 4, Button 5, Button 3, Mouse scroll up and down, and then alt and shift modifiers = 15 binds just on the mouse

Button 1 and 2 are obviously going to remain as default.

Shift - Jump
    I'm not sure how to respond to that.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-04-24 at 03:42 PM.

WASD - Movement
    1-5 - Weapon Skills
    Ctrl - Dodge modifier
    Shift - Jump
    Caps Lock - Loot
    Tab - Switch weapon
    Q - Heal
    ERF - Utilty
    G - Elite
    Space,CVB - Profession specific skills

There is also Alt,T,Z,X,~ and extra mouse buttons if you dislike some of the suggestions.

Also, anyone with a programmable mouse should definitely prefer the current system, because it makes dodging more efficient. (While holding W+D you can tap ctrl and immediately dodge)
    Pffffftt... Not using spacebar to jump...

I'm pretty sure they know that people want keybind modifiers. Lets hope they put them in but if they don't then at least provide us with an explanation of why not.