Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If a teacher ever laid a finger on my child all hell would be raised. And everyone from the superintendent down would feel the wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    It's something The Internet™ is acting outraged over, and that means it'll probably persist for a couple days and then disappear.
    Errr one was a campaign brought about by an organization with the intent of raising international awareness. This isn't.

This father is simply speaking out. This is very similar in terms of going viral like the Judge William Adams video months back.
    Last edited by Suikoden; 2012-04-24 at 05:54 AM.

Oh geez. Everytime I hear about an autistic child getting abused this badly, I just want to facepalm badly and wonder "Why are we acting like such tyrants?"

To the father, I say this: I stand with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    Errr one was a campaign brought about by an organization with the intent of raising international awareness. This isn't.
    I don't see how you're failing to notice the parallels. The comment on the video implied they're gonna basically do the equivalent of fucking campaigning in the streets over this, which is similar to the whole Kony thing, and dozens of other causes on the Internet before it.

The short answer is that even if they stir shit up, people will forget about it because attention spans on the internet are notoriously shor-- aww, kitty!
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I think what the father did is completely justified. In fact if I was him, I would hand flyers out to all the parents of the children that go to that school to make them aware of what kind of education their kids are getting. It doesn't matter that it happened in one classroom or 30 classrooms. If only 1 person was fired, and she was a teacher's aide, and everyone else was shuffled to a different classroom, does not mean it wont happen in those other classrooms either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how you're failing to notice the parallels. The comment on the video implied they're gonna basically do the equivalent of fucking campaigning in the streets over this, which is similar to the whole Kony thing, and dozens of other causes on the Internet before it.

The short answer is that even if they stir shit up, people will forget about it because attention spans on the internet are notoriously shor-- aww, kitty!
    Unfortunately, you're right.

That kinda behavior is unacceptable. They lied about how they did things and no amount of pressure from teaching special kids will ever allow a teacher to bully a child. The teachers are supposed to be a form of role model for the kids to wanna learn more and be as smart as them and that sure won't happen when they act like this.

Worst part to me was definitely when they laughed after answering Akian's question, how do you joke about those things!? Teaching is not a profession for those people, you never bully a child, you're supposed to be an adult and even then you bully someone and a child at that. Such people and any who support this behavior should stay the hell away from children in any way imo.

Deleted
    don´t blame the teachers, they barley get enough payed to go to school in the first place...

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    So? You're saying that like Autism is some kind of serious psychic disorder close to shizophrenia. You know, there's about 3% of people around you wherever you study/work with autism and more than 30% with asperger's syndrom (which is basically the pre-autism phase of this so-called 'disorder').

I've always been amazed at how people are so clueless about what autism/AS actually is.
    Asperger's Syndrome isn't pre-autism, it's a type of autism, and autism IS a mental disorder. That being said it ranges in severity, so there are some people who have a condition on the autism spectrum who are affected very little, and then there are people where it's quite obvious that they have some form of autism and is in fact serious. As well, I hope you're using that 30% of people have Asperger's as a portion of that 3%, elsewise that's not correct. Like, at all. It's been a fairly common diagnosis for the past couple years, but it's not THAT common.

Coming from a guy with firsthand experience with Asperger's, trust me when I say I know what I'm talking about :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    don´t blame the teachers, they barley get enough payed to go to school in the first place...
    Don't blame the teachers?!! They are the ones who were bullying him! Who should we blame then?

10+ Year Old Account

Went back and made some of that bold. You're comparing a campaign that was watched millions of times over (50mil+ I think?) to something that is just simply a father speaking out. The video itself makes no reference to "campaigning in the streets over this". Even with idiots saying that in comments obviously it would never come to that anyway. Nothing like that would ever happen. People have short attention spans and are lazy.

Comparing Kony 2012 to this is like comparing an overflowing stream to a hurricane.
    Last edited by Suikoden; 2012-04-24 at 06:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    That kinda behavior is unacceptable. They lied about how they did things and no amount of pressure from teaching special kids will ever allow a teacher to bully a child. The teachers are supposed to be a form of role model for the kids to wanna learn more and be as smart as them and that sure won't happen when they act like this.

Worst part to me was definitely when they laughed after answering Akian's question, how do you joke about those things!? Teaching is not a profession for those people, you never bully a child, you're supposed to be an adult and even then you bully someone and a child at that. Such people and any who support this behavior should stay the hell away from children in any way imo.
    To be fair, the kids are going to have to learn to stand up for themselves and defend themselves; granted, the teachers ain't exactly who you want giving this object lesson, but if it's not the teachers, it'll be kids. The last thing you want is for your kid to be a full grown adult and still react to bullying as if they were a child. The kid's ten, right? It's about that time where he should be learning to handle himself.

The teachers involved should definitely be fired, though. I sympathize with the stress their job entails, but if they're acting like this consistently, they really should find a different line of work.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    I really don't understand the whole bullying issue. I don't condone it but kids will be kids.
    Reading at least the first post, tends to help in responses.

The short clips the father gave, don't really prove that the kid was truly bullied. The teachers were inept and rude no doubt, and of course calling him a bastard was out of line. Yet, the father "hears" his child crying, it just sorta sounded like he was trying to get attention more than an actual cry. If we knew the kid better, then of course we could determine but I couldn't and didn't. It seemed like it was the parent overreacting to one inappropriate comment, more than an actual "bullying" Or at least that was what I interpreted the few clips he had as. I know he had 6.5 hours of audio, I'm sure it sounded worse hearing all of that together. But if I hunt for the worst, I'm sure I'll find it. Do they owe him an apology, they surely do. Is he hunting for blood over one inappropriate comment, probably as well.
    Last edited by Noreally; 2012-04-24 at 06:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    Went back and made some of that bold. You're comparing a campaign that was watched millions of times over (50mil+ I think?) to something that is just simply a father speaking out. The video itself makes no reference to "campaigning in the streets over this". Even with idiots saying that in comments obviously it would never come to that anyway. Nothing like that would ever happen. People have short attention spans and are lazy.
    I'm referring to the comment in the video with a thousand-plus upvotes acting like he's gonna parade this video up to Obama and Mr. Obama will magically sign something into law as a result of it.

The video itself is totally understandable, and you're right that the guy isn't trying to start a bunch of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    don't blame the teachers, they barely get enough payed to go to school in the first place...
    If they can't handle dealing with children who have disorders, they shouldn't be in that profession. If they don't make enough money, they need to get another job.
    You don't treat children that way just because you are having personal issues, can't handle your job, or are having money issues.

That's like saying, It's acceptable for a McDonald employee to spit in your food because they are having a bad day.
    Friends: Will help you move.
    Best Friends: Will help you move the Bodies

People didn't forget about Kony, they just stopped giving IC credit after it was shown how shitty they are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terranullis View Post
    I'm more disgusted than outraged atm.

?? The teachers were female?

And no I haven't taught a Special Ed, class, but I did start school in them.
    Whatever I haven't watched the video fully because I was busy. And like I said I don't condone it but you need a TON of patience which not a lot of people have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't turn this thread into a Kony 2012 debate/discussion. Please.

The dad really pointed out the problem here, it's the teachers unions. These unions protect these teachers, and if the school district tries to fire them they threaten to go on strike. I am really glad this dad got this on audio, otherwise their would be no way to stop this teacher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    People didn't forget about Kony, they just stopped giving IC credit after it was shown how shitty they are.
    I'd consider my sister to be representative of the average Facebook/Twitter-using internet user (the kind that tends to show up on Failbook.com often), and for a couple of days she was constantly telling me I needed to read about this Kony shit.

I could probably mention Kony today and she'd ask me exactly what that was all about. People have extremely short attention spans on the internet.