Is my graphics card dying?

Hi I have a gateway fx gaming laptop with an nvidia 512 graphics card and I've had this laptop for about 3 years now. Today I was playing WoW and my computer froze in the middle of the dungeon, I thought to myself no biggie. So I turned off and turned back on my computer and tried to get back in. The game loads and as soon as I zone into the dungeon my screen goes pixelated and freezes again. Now when I turn on my laptop the loading screen has a big blue line down the middle and faded blue lines horizontally right next to it. Help please?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    A picture would be very useful here, but from what you describe, it does sound quite a bit like your GPU is dying. If that is the case, you can find ways to change your GPU online, and you can pick up a decent card for around $100. Best of luck to you.

Deleted
    Notebook-Users do not change GPU (except you're using In-CPU-Graphics). They have to trash the whole machine and buy a new one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalthor View Post
    Notebook-Users do not change GPU (except you're using In-CPU-Graphics). They have to trash the whole machine and buy a new one.
    There's companies that actually replace notebook GPU's, though you can't with every type. Most MXM or MXMII socket chips can be replaced however.

My laptop's GPU actually died too and they replaced it. I even got a "newer" one (GT130M => GT240M)

Just curious - how often do you dust-clean your hardware, or have you ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Phonetic View Post
    Just curious - how often do you dust-clean your hardware, or have you ever?
    Its been about 6 months.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like an overheating issue to me, have you tried again after it cools down?
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced

sounds like its overheating.