Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by fs161200 View Post
    I'm purely speculating here but I got the impression from the press ppl that they got the mail 72 hrs prior to CB start. That would mean tuesday 21.00 hrs CET if they keep to that schedule. If the client ppl are currently downloading is in-fact the one to be used at BWE they seem to have IS set up so it seems a reasonable guess...

Reg download rates, aren't they using P2P for downloading? if so the speed would prob go up a lot as it gets seeded out...
    The client people are downloading is different from the old one. In fact if you have the old one installed it will delete the old GW2.dat and redownload everything (and update the downloader along the way).

The download rate showing on the downloader is also incorrect, it's actually download at 3-4x the rate showing and is pretty much running at max speed on my connection, very fast indeed.

Also from what I've read the total client is around 12.7 gb so an extra gb over the old client.

AN already stated that this weekends beta client is different from the closed beta clients. So it would be wise to just wait for the new client they send out in e-mails. I'll bet you'd be pretty upset if the closed beta clients doesn't work come Friday.

Deleted
    "As this is no longer "closed" beta you're not bound by a NDA"

... so does this mean the NDA has been lifted? :E

Too bad I deleted it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Inareed View Post
    "As this is no longer "closed" beta you're not bound by a NDA"

... so does this mean the NDA has been lifted? :E
    For previous betas, no. For future ones, yes.

It's a mess I know. Telling folks to keep a secret on the internet, good luck with that.

Deleted
    Awwww :/ too bad...