Poll: Which spec is easier to play?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Which spec is easier?

Combat or Assassination?

Deleted
    nothing is hard but if you are gonna play pve you should go for combat.

Nothing to due with numbers/dps, just which is easier to play? Its an ongoing conversation on multiple threads, thought I'd make a poll about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find assassination easiest and most fun to play. Why? Cause I find the other specs a hassle and CD dependent. Assassination is more about procs(which procs often) and such, making it most fun for me.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both are specs are quite underwhelming in terms of rotation so both are quite easy mind you however since I have to pick, That's easily Combat

I personally find Assassination much easier. There is really nothing to react to, and you have 2-3 seconds to think between each ability.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I personally find Assassination much easier. There is really nothing to react to, and you have 2-3 seconds to think between each ability.
    Personally both are equal in terms of being easy, Literally It's just looking at your envenom and ruptures and your like

zzzz... don't clip envenom zzz... right yes yes w/e okay envenom again WOOHOO!

both is piss easy to play, as everything else in this game

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    Personally both are equal in terms of being easy, Literally It's just looking at your envenom and ruptures and your like

zzzz... don't clip envenom zzz... right yes yes w/e okay envenom again WOOHOO!
    Yeah I agree that they're both extremely easy, possibly two of the easiest specs in the game. But at least during AR if SS glyph procs you have to be on your toes, unlike assassination.

Deleted
    Assassination is theoretically a lot easier to play, seeing as it doesn't involve much apart from keeping up Envenom and Rupture. While true, the rotation of Combat is far from overwhelming, there's a lot more you can do "wrong". The sheer speed of the rotation can result in failed Revealing strikes, Blade Flurry must be used wisely, cooldowns must be used at the absolutely right times seeing as they will make or break your dps. Small details like the above make it slightly more challenging, I'd say.

Comparing the rotations, both are pretty meh. but Combat clearly involves more.
    Keep up Rupture; Mutilate, Envenom...
    Occasional burn phase: Use Vendetta/Cold Blood combo

Keep up SnD; Sinister Strike, Revealing Strike, Eviscerate, Killing Spree, Adrenalin Rush (Cooldowns being an important part of Combats rotation rather than just mere burn-phase cooldowns) All this, while making sure you're making use of as many GCD's as possible.

Hmmm, I really didn't expect it to be this balanced. I thought it was be a swooping victory with Assassination being the easiest spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a reason I call it combot.

Not to seem like I am bashing anyone, but I have seen some people I know to be pretty crappy players bust numbers more appropriate of a consistent raider, when their rogue is an alt. And not even one they play often.

---------- Post added 2012-04-24 at 11:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    ....Keep up SnD; Sinister Strike, Revealing Strike, Eviscerate, Killing Spree, Adrenalin Rush (Cooldowns being an important part of Combats rotation rather than just mere burn-phase cooldowns) All this, while making sure you're making use of as many GCD's as possible.
    Basically the rotation simmers down to: SS, RvS if you have 4 CP's, Evis, hit SnD every ~40 seconds. It is a dps gain to use KS on CD, and AR will make you fly through the lower guile levels, esp. w/ t13 4pc that the only thing you can really do wrong is use it with hero. In execution, it is easily the easiest rotation I have ever laid eyes on. The difficulty lies in whether or not you can stand mashing SS all fight long.
    Last edited by Handlebardoc; 2012-04-25 at 06:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's also been studies that are showing that plants release distress signals in the form of chemicals, such as when they're cut or broken, which other plants can react to.

That freshly mown lawn smell? That's tens of thousands of blades of grass screaming.

And Assassination simmers down to: Mutilate, Backstab if boss health is low enough. Keep Rupture up with any number of combo points, and Envenom at 4-5 cp.
    Just as easy as Combat's rotation, except you have three times as long to think about what you're doing next.

Deleted
    Where's the Subtlety option?

I'm serious. I play sub better then the other 3 specs any day. I find it a lot easier to play, Probably Due to the rotation and "tricks" being melted into my brain. My DPS kinda plummets unless it's a cleave or AoE fight, Combat and Assassination respectively.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that would make a challenge if so, is the boss. Not any class or any spec is actually hard to play, it's all just knowhow.