Deleted

Numlock movement?

I believe this currently is not possible in D3; switching on and off permanent movement following the direction of your mouse without holding any buttons untill you override it by manually clicking (the same you would do in wow when you want to walk/run/fly for 10 miles). I know it's possible to hold down your LMB and have your character follow the direction of your cursor, but is it possible to toggle movement with the single press of a button? I don't believe it is.

This can be very usefull when you've come to one end of a dungeon only to find you've chosen the wrong path and need to go back to the start to explore another path. You'll have cleared all the mobs etc. along the way so all you'll have to do is run back. It would make for short periods of ''relaxation'' while running back before jumping back into hectic mouse clicking when you're exploring the new path.

I would like to ask someone here who has forum priviliges on the official D3 forums to post this idea/suggestion if you would be so kind (I cannot post on the forums myself). Unless this toggling is already possible ofcourse, then please let me know here how to.

That would be pretty handy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    I believe this currently is not possible in D3; switching on and off permanent movement following the direction of your mouse without holding any buttons untill you override it by manually clicking (the same you would do in wow when you want to walk/run/fly for 10 miles). I know it's possible to hold down your LMB and have your character follow the direction of your cursor, but is it possible to toggle movement with the single press of a button? I don't believe it is.

This can be very usefull when you've come to one end of a dungeon only to find you've chosen the wrong path and need to go back to the start to explore another path. You'll have cleared all the mobs etc. along the way so all you'll have to do is run back. It would make for short periods of ''relaxation'' while running back before jumping back into hectic mouse clicking when you're exploring the new path.

I would like to ask someone here who has forum privileges on the official D3 forums to post this idea/suggestion if you would be so kind (I cannot post on the forums myself). Unless this toggling is already possible of course, then please let me know here how to.
    I'm sorry, but aren't we revisiting the lazy gamer concept with this functionality? It's already bad enough that I walked through a dungeon, while thinking how stupid it would be if they had the option to teleport out at the end, only to find out that they had the option to teleport out at the end. That's not the Diablo I thought I knew and it's the limit of what I'm willing to except, personally, in terms of "catering to the casual, in this case refering to the lazy".

You're supposed to run forth and back in dungeons god damnit ;/

You'd still be waving your mouse around to say which way to go - you just wouldn't need to hold down the mouse button all the time. Did you misunderstand the proposal? Or do you really think that holding down the mouse button for extended period is important?

Also, I don't think the use of the proposed mechanism would be mandatory...
    Last edited by ContentsMayVary; 2012-04-24 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    You'd still be waving your mouse around to say which way to go - you just wouldn't need to hold down the mouse button all the time. Did you misunderstand the proposal? Or do you really think that holding down the mouse button for extended period is important?

Also, I don't think the use of the proposed mechanism would be mandatory...
    Fair enough, I'm just skeptical of all systems that hold peoples hands. It's like politics. Slowly chewing away the foundation of this genre, as was done to WoW. Pet battles. Le Sigh.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can keybind "Movement" key in the controls, which i found pretty nice as a witch doctor i have to get close to the enemies and use soul harvest to gain bonus intelect, but its not possible by LMB cause the character will start attacking and wont move closer to the enemies... i bound the movement key to "W", so when im holding the key my character is moving to where my mouse is pointing... since i got Razer Blackwidow keyboard i can make a macro that when i press a button the pc recognize it as it is pressed down the whole time until i press the button again, I can achieve the fuctionality you mentioned like this.
    Other than that there are no keybinds for "autorun" in D3 afaik.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogar View Post
    You can keybind "Movement" key in the controls, which i found pretty nice as a witch doctor i have to get close to the enemies and use soul harvest to gain bonus intelect, but its not possible by LMB cause the character will start attacking and wont move closer to the enemies... i bound the movement key to "W", so when im holding the key my character is moving to where my mouse is pointing... since i got Razer Blackwidow keyboard i can make a macro that when i press a button the pc recognize it as it is pressed down the whole time until i press the button again, I can achieve the fuctionality you mentioned like this.
    Other than that there are no keybinds for "autorun" in D3 afaik.
    Stupid me that I hadn't thought off that, I should be able to achieve the same with my Naga, thnx!

Edit: Still if someone could get this to a place where someone from Blizzard would read it, would be great for the rest of the folks out there that don't want to/can do it this way.

---------- Post added 2012-04-24 at 03:50 PM ----------

How exactly did you manage to get it to do that? Can't seem to figure it out