Thread: seal twisting ?

Deleted

seal twisting ?

hey guys just wondering is it ever worth changing seals, like i have seal of righeousness but never see anyone using it , is it worth using that seal at all over Sotruth ? i was using SoR on the slime dude in lfr today when the adds popped. seemed to do a lot of numbeers etc, just wondering if anyone actually ses that seal ..

thanks for any replys

wikidsik

your suppose to use seal of righteousness for aoe and seal of truth for single target
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

My rules are: 4+ targets SoR for DS spam, 1-3 SoT but on targets with a lot of health, try to keep a 5 stack of cencure on the target your not focusing on

Twisting has been looked at by theory crafters and shown to be ineffective. To seal twist you would use truth until you had 5 stacks then use righteousness, and switch back to truth when it is about to fade just to keep the stack up and switch back. Unfortunately the loss of those GCDs actually make for a tps loss on tanks, and an overall dps loss for rets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basic rule of thumb is use SoT always

Only use SoR for:
    1) 4+ targets
    2) Any number of targets that will be alive for 15 seconds or less

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    Twisting has been looked at by theory crafters and shown to be ineffective. To seal twist you would use truth until you had 5 stacks then use righteousness, and switch back to truth when it is about to fade just to keep the stack up and switch back. Unfortunately the loss of those GCDs actually make for a tps loss on tanks, and an overall dps loss for rets.
    Protection tree doesn't have Seals of Command talent which enables SotR to hit all targets in melee range. Thus protection paladins will never use SotR.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrel View Post
    Basic rule of thumb is use SoT always

Only use SoR for:
    1) 4+ targets
    2) Any number of targets that will be alive for 15 seconds or less
    Basic rule of thumb or not, you will do more dps even on 3 targets with DS+SotR+TV when available and on 2 targets with CS+SotR+TV. The 6 packs of 3 slimes each before Yorsahj say "hi".
    Last edited by mmocda47e9f641; 2012-04-24 at 07:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    Protection tree doesn't have Seals of Command talent which enables SotR to hit all targets in melee range. Thus protection paladins will never use SotR.
    I use SotR when aoe tanking for quicker burst

Is it wrong that I came to read this thread thinking someone had come up with a new and improved version of seal clubbing?

Bu seriously, yeah, as prot you will really almost never swap from SoT. As ret, it depends what you're doing as to which you'll be better off with. But in the end, you're just better off sticking with one or the other. Swapping between will just result in an overall lower tps/dps.