Deleted

Need advice on selfbuilt PC

Hey guys,

I am building a new, not too expensive, computer to be able to play some games the coming years. I was wondering if you guys could give me some pointers about the build I made up. I'm fine with 8GB RAM, but I am unsure wether the mobo is a good buy. Any comments are more than welcome and will be taken seriously, especially money saving ones, but I ofcourse understand some parts should not be budgetted too much on.
    This is the build I was thinking of(sorry for the dutch site-links, but the specs are universal I suppose):

Mobo: Asrock Z77 Pro3 88E
    tweakers.net/pricewatch/308692/asrock-z77-pro3.html

CPU: Intel Core 2500k 190E
    tweakers.net/pricewatch/274632/intel-core-i5-2500k-boxed.html?orderField=price&orderSort=asc

GFX: Radeon HD 6870 160E
    tweakers.net/pricewatch/281396/xfx-hd-6870-1024-mb-ddr5-displayport-black-edition-dual-fan-(hd-687a-zdbc).html#tab:info

RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 2x 4GB 30E
    tweakers.net/pricewatch/273944/kingston-hyperx-genesis-khx1600c9ad3k2-4g.html

PSU: Corsair Enthusiast TX 650M 88E
    tweakers.net/pricewatch/286856/corsair-enthusiast-tx650m.html#tab:info

Casing: Cooler Master Silencio 450 54E
    tweakers.net/pricewatch/293782/cooler-master-silencio-450.html

CPU cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 13Pro 36E
    tweakers.net/pricewatch/297175/arctic-cooling-freezer-13-pro-co35.html#tab:info

I'd be really grateful for any advice that would improve my build. Also, I'm looking for a good, budget, gaming monitor(pref 21-23 inch), does anyone know of a recommendable one?

Many thanks in advance!

The Motherboard is decent for its price.

As far as GPU, I would actually shell out on a more expensive one, or at least newer one.
    For PSU, your build won't really need more than a 400~w PSU, so going for anything above 500-550w seems silly, and you may save in a few euros there, since that's what you're mainly interested in, apparantly.

Deleted
    It's not about being cheap, it's about spending money on what you need. I rather play it safe on the PSU, there's not alot of money to be gained there.

Taking in some advice and looking around some more, reading reviews, visiting guru3d and such, I made the following changes:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
    tweakers.net/pricewatch/308236/gigabyte-ga-z77x-d3h.html?orderField=shipping&orderSort=asc#tab:info

I read it was good for OClocking and I reckon it should hold out for a long while, considering future upgrades. I'm gonna stick to the i5 2500k and disregard the 3570k. I don't think the 100 euro(over 50% more expensive) is going to be worth it and rather stick to the 2500k untill I replace it with another CPU in the future, when I will have more money aswell. But I am very unsure about my judgement on mobo's even after reading reviews and other's posts.

GFX: The 7850 might be an option over the 6870, but its also another 60-70E. From what I've seen it's not that a huge upgrade. I don't play GFX intensive games like certain FPShooters, although I can't see into the future, I probably will stick to playing Diablo3/Guildwars2 for quite a while. And by the time I'm done playing those games, I will probably have the money to upgrade it when it's needed.

RAM: changed from 2x 2GB to 2x 4GB, wrong link :P

CPU cooler: went for the Spire Thermax Eclipse II, which seems to have amazing reviews and is barely more expensive.

I don't want to seem like too much of a cheapskate, but as a student, living on myself, I don't want to spend more than is necessary for my needs(or use studentloans, although low interest, to buy a pc). My budget is somewhat flexible although I'm skeptical about spending much more than 800e. And I also know I will have more money in the future, so I can build my pc around that prospect.

Hoping on more feedback
    Last edited by mmoc606f8782a5; 2012-04-24 at 12:10 PM.

Safe? Your rig won't possibly produce more than 330w. From the wall. Meaning you'll need 310w from the PSU. Going higher than 450w is essentially pointless, but people seem to misunderstand what makes a good PSU. The amount of watts is one of the lesser important ones.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    What games are you playing on this? As far as the PSU goes, you could just go with an OCZ 500W which is a lot cheaper and put that money towards further upgrades if you want.