Diablo 3 CE Question

This may be a very simple question to answer but I haven't seemed to find an exact answer on the matter. Only non-specifics.

Anyways...

I have the annual pass. One thing I wonder though, if I start playing the game at launch (regular annual pass free version) and the CE doesn't get to my house until, let's say two days later, can I still activate the CE and get all the online stuff when it arrives (wow pet and D3 wings)? Or do I need to wait until it arrives to begin playing?

Basically I want to play at release even though the CE won't be at my house yet.

I have never bought a collectors edition before so I don't know how it works.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this same question was asked by lost in the hundreds of other threads.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    This may be a very simple question to answer but I haven't seemed to find an exact answer on the matter. Only non-specifics.

Anyways...

I have the annual pass. One thing I wonder though, if I start playing the game at launch (regular annual pass free version) and the CE doesn't get to my house until, let's say two days later, can I still activate the CE and get all the online stuff when it arrives (wow pet and D3 wings)? Or do I need to wait until it arrives to begin playing?

Basically I want to play at release even though the CE won't be at my house yet.

I have never bought a collectors edition before so I don't know how it works.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this same question was asked by lost in the hundreds of other threads.

Yes you can play it when it goes live as you have it from Annual pass, adding the key later will upgrade your account to CE. Same as SC2 and WOW CE's.

Of course you can play with you normal annual pass edition till the ce arrives and upgrade it. You even get some wow free months I think.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Of course you can play with you normal annual pass edition till the ce arrives and upgrade it. You even get some wow free months I think.
    Yes, you get 4 months of WOW time which is awesome.

Thanks guys. I heard about the 4 month thing which is very nice. I just wanted to make sure because I think this collectors edition will be well worth the $40.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Deleted
    Yeah, even if someone decides to get the CE in 2-3 months time and have been playing the normal one since then, as far as I'm aware upgrading is still possible and gives the perks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    Thanks guys. I heard about the 4 month thing which is very nice. I just wanted to make sure because I think this collectors edition will be well worth the $40.
    Off-topic: wtf $40?? I'm paying double that I think :/

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Off-topic: wtf $40?? I'm paying double that I think :/
    If you buy the CE and have annual pass, the price is about that because you have 4 months of gametime included with your CE purchase. Think it's a great deal tbh, pay full price for the CE and get 4 months of game time free.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonky View Post
    If you buy the CE and have annual pass, the price is about that because you have 4 months of gametime included with your CE purchase. Think it's a great deal tbh, pay full price for the CE and get 4 months of game time free.
    ah okay, then im paying $40 too