1. #1

    What is the Best Professions for Shadow Priest to do max dps?

    What is the Best Professions for Shadow Priest to do max dps? and Why?

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Tailoring gives the most int overall but is a proc (580 int for 15 sec with a 45 sec cooldown)
    Blacksmithing gives +100 rather than +80 int IF you're using ALL epic gems.
    Engineering gives you a burst ability with a 1 minute cooldown but it averages out to +80 overall
    Rest is just +80
    Last edited by Heap; 2012-04-24 at 11:37 AM.

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    Tailoring gives the most int overall but is a proc (580 int for 15 sec with a 45 sec cooldown)
    Blacksmithing gives +100 rather than +80 int IF you're using ALL epic gems.
    Engineering gives you a burst ability with a 1 minute cooldown but it averages out to +80 overall
    Rest is just +80
    JC is technically 51. Epic gems are 50 of a primary stat, JC gems are 67. 17 x 3 = 51.

  4. #4
    I'd go with tailoring/engineering if you can game the bonuses.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    JC is technically 51. Epic gems are 50 of a primary stat, JC gems are 67. 17 x 3 = 51.
    True, forgot to mention that. That's also assuming you use all epic gems

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by AnanWalker View Post
    What is the Best Professions for Shadow Priest to do max dps? and Why?

    Thank you.
    Well I'd just like to begin with - all professions, in terms of DPS gain - are really VERY VERY close. Even JC with the advent of epic gems. I'm pulling this figure out my arse, but I'd feel pretty confident in saying 95% of shadow priests don't have full epic gems, if not more, even this far into Dragon Soul, even ones demolishing H modes.

    Now, with that said, to answer your question:

    Blacksmithing (100+ gain of your primary stat, intellect, if you are using FULL EPIC GEMS) and Tailoring. Intellect procs are absolutely amazing for shadow priests. An argument could be made for BS + Engi instead, or Engi + Tailoring even. But for example...you can't stack Synapse Springs with your BW trinket on H Spine. I think you can't stack them with any use trinket actually. Which I think is really quite a downfall. So yeah. BS + Tailoring in my opinion.

  7. #7
    Mechagnome soulyouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    708
    I use engi/jc happy with the combo, was jc/bs till togc switch for rocket boots in icc haven't looked back, 7 of my alts have engi

  8. #8
    I wish I had Engi though just because I love the goggles.

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by AnanWalker View Post
    What is the Best Professions for Shadow Priest to do max dps? and Why?

    Thank you.
    Unless you are fighting for server/world/region firsts, which I assume you are not since you are asking now, it's not going to make any notable difference what you take, so take the ones you find the most interesting.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhoff View Post
    Unless you are fighting for server/world/region firsts, which I assume you are not since you are asking now, it's not going to make any notable difference what you take, so take the ones you find the most interesting.
    This exactly...unless you pick up gathering skills which lag behind the others, any of them are comparable. Pick what you want because it will all be different in a few months.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •