Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

If you have the old client...

Run it because it will update to the new client. It has to redownload everything but at least you dont have to wait on ANet dragging their feet. A good head start for peeps with slow internets. http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...s_working_atm/ where i found out that the client will update. Here is proof that im not bullshitting you guys http://i.imgur.com/hjWU7.jpg and im not breaking NDA (read the patcher)

EDIT: the link to the exe which will redownload the who thing if you need it http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/pVR...hwCn1J/Gw2.zip

EDIT2: somebody beat me to the punch disregard this thread i guess
    Last edited by pikachui; 2012-04-24 at 10:57 AM.

Deleted
    But you have a mighty download link ;p

Deleted
    i HAVE THE POWER OF THE MIGHTY BETA CLIENT!

Best part about this thread (other than the obvious beta client link) is the Tribe Called Quest youtube video.

The site is currently down (at least for me). They might be putting up the client as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikram View Post
    The site is currently down (at least for me). They might be putting up the client as we speak.
    I hope so, the link in the client downloader thingamajig leads me to believe that they want the forums up and running at the same time they release the client, which would be teh sex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikram View Post
    Site appears to be up on my end.

;o

Working for me.. though the download speed appears to be lying. Watching the number I've downloaded jump up what looks like over a mb/second and it says I'm downloading at 247kb/s

Deleted
    I've run the GW2.exe file i'm getting stuck on the connecting to ArenaNet screen ;S

Deleted
    Just downloaded it, and it seems to be working, thanks for this

Quote Originally Posted by Adraina View Post
    Working for me.. though the download speed appears to be lying. Watching the number I've downloaded jump up what looks like over a mb/second and it says I'm downloading at 247kb/s
    It does lie. I had 190kb/s in launcher while I checked and it was downloading with max speed (740kb/s) for me.

Holy shit, I wish other games downloaded that fast. I'm getting like 4 mb/s right now even though it says 383 kb/s. Thanks for the link
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the link! I got it and promptly downloaded it. When it completed the glorious GW2 login screen came up. It was truly amazing. I stared in awe of it for a while before closing it. But... now I have a problem. I can't seem to find the downloaded and installed client on my computer... I did a search and the only thing "Guild Wars" related that is coming up is my wallpaper folder and my music folder. Is anyone else having similar problems?
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    The client is in whatever folder you had gw2.exe in when you ran it. It just downloads a couple of files to the same directory.
    Last edited by mmoc037083865a; 2012-04-24 at 04:45 PM.

Quick question:
    I got old client but I can't use it. It stuck at "connecting to arenanet 0%".
    The fact is: i live in student house and we got alot of ports blocked due to mass torrent downloading back in days.
    If anyone know what ports are needed to download and play GW2 beta I'd be so so sooo grateful.

P.S. I played GW1 with no problems at all here so they won't be the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Biscuit
    I don't want the game nerfed to my level,
    I want to rise myself to the level of the game.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkman View Post
    The client is in whatever folder you had gw2.exe in when you ran it. It just downloads a couple of files to the same directory.
    That's what I thought... it appears I'm having to redownload the client -_-
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

yeah old client 10gb and now 20gb client so u guys think we are going to get asuras next weekend ? ;D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    yeah old client 10gb and now 20gb client so u guys think we are going to get asuras next weekend ? ;D
    Nope, and not sylvari either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    Its only ~13gb.

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. However, is this EU or US beta client?