Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    Unless you're against anyone who can dispell.

I'm a very average pvper and just have an aura that shows fearward on focus, press my dispell once, and BAM, 3min CD gone in a GCD.

In mists with dispells mattering more, fear ward may become better....will have to see.
    Either don't put it up till you need it up, or have trash buffs up (which is easy as disc). One way or the other you should either waste 10 seconds of dispel spam or the first fear of the enemy.

I main a warlock and this annoys me into oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    Unless you're against anyone who can dispell.

I'm a very average pvper and just have an aura that shows fearward on focus, press my dispell once, and BAM, 3min CD gone in a GCD.

In mists with dispells mattering more, fear ward may become better....will have to see.
    I can see that you are an average PvPer from that post. (No offense)
    Fear Ward is still extremely good in PvP, even against dispellers. Because a good player doesn't just buff fear ward on himself from the start and allows it to be dispelled. You buff it on you right before you get feared, for example when a warlock or priest is running towards you in melee range. Or when a warlock casts Fear on you, you buff it at 95% of his cast time. Then, he might waste his fear because you just immuned yourself 0.5 seconds before.
    This is actually one of those "skill" things because it involves timing and anticipating when someone will Fear you. The more awareness you have (= the better you are usually), the more often this will succeed for you.

Furthermore, a priest can cover important buffs from being dispelled by stacking many more buffs on him (like 3 stacks of Grace, Divine Aegis, Levitate and so on) or by using Inner Focus to make himself immune to dispels for 5 seconds. So that's one more line of defense from having your Fear Ward dispelled and is one of those "mini games" which good DiscPriest vs good DiscPriest tend to do during a match in order to prevent getting Feared.

Fear Ward these days is only relevant in PvP, but that's fine. PvP players also have some useless PvE talents on their bars.
    It's both part of the game (and PvP is more challenging anyway :P), so don't neglect one side.
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2012-04-28 at 04:41 AM.