Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    ive played wow since 07 and i picked up lol in a heartbeat...im actually like better then average now and ive played for half a year? but lol drives me insane..u get them 1-2 noobs on ur team who just ruin everything:S also...comparing a rts game to a mmorpg just doesent work...at alll..not even a little..NOPE

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    For the first few weeks I literally thought the "Tank" role for League of Legends was the same as in World of Warcraft. I would constantly fling myself in front of everyone and most of the time get dropped.

I also played a Sub Rogue in World of Warcraft for so long that I genuinely got it stuck in my head that I could easily spar with 3-4 enemies at one time in League of Legends. I would face check bushes expecting to be able to take out like 3 dudes by myself.

It is kind of funny now.
    League of Legends roles are more comparable to roles in PvP than roles in a raid or dungeon. Generally in World of Warcraft, regardless of how high your health is and how low the enemy is, you do not want to fight two people. It's the same thing in League of Legends, but it's kind of faster paced because 1)there is no global cd in LoL, and 2) you take a much lower percentage of your total hp per attack in WoW. While on the one hand you can argue that LoL is harder, reaction time-wise because fights are shorter, you can also argue that WoW is more advanced because of the absurd amount of spells that each character has, and the fact that you have more time to use your knowledge of the game to min-max your damage taken and dealt. There's also something to be said for choosing which spell to use inside of a GCD over clicking 4 buttons as quickly as you can. I wouldn't say one is harder or more competitive than the other, but I would say that in either game, it's not fun for the 3 if you can run in and ruin 3 people, so they reserved that self-esteem "I can take on 6 monsters easily" for taking on NPCs or minions, respectively.
    ^infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Why are you people comapring two completely different games? Hey guys I heard Skyrim is harder then SC2. /ultimatefacepalm.
    Grand theft auto 4 takes alot more skill then Royal Rumble for the Snes