Which to level first .....

I have been in the process of moving professions around as of lately ..... and I think I am almost ready. I now have....

Hunter - Blacksmithing / Engineering
    Druid - Herbalism / Mining
    Shaman - Jewel Crafting / Alchemy
    Warlock - Tailoring / Enchanting

My issue is which to level first when MOP hits..... My hunter is my main raid toon, and my druid was my second. But I switched the druid to dual gather and leveled the shaman up to take that raid spot. So I am totally lost.

Do I level shaman up first so I have a raider and some decent professions, maybe work on JC dailies earlier if they are the same as Cata was?
    Do I level the now non raiding druid just so I can fly and gather more quickly to provide the others?
    Is there any positive to leveling the Hunter Main first as of now. Not much is known but if there is anything similar to Molten front hub to get profession patterns.... Then my Blacksmith could go first to get patterns early.....

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Nornian

Quote Originally Posted by Nornian View Post
    I have been in the process of moving professions around as of lately ..... and I think I am almost ready. I now have....

Hunter - Blacksmithing / Engineering
    Druid - Herbalism / Mining
    Shaman - Jewel Crafting / Alchemy
    Warlock - Tailoring / Enchanting

My issue is which to level first when MOP hits..... My hunter is my main raid toon, and my druid was my second. But I switched the druid to dual gather and leveled the shaman up to take that raid spot. So I am totally lost.

Do I level shaman up first so I have a raider and some decent professions, maybe work on JC dailies earlier if they are the same as Cata was?
    Do I level the now non raiding druid just so I can fly and gather more quickly to provide the others?
    Is there any positive to leveling the Hunter Main first as of now. Not much is known but if there is anything similar to Molten front hub to get profession patterns.... Then my Blacksmith could go first to get patterns early.....

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Nornian
    If MOP follows a similar pattern then you can basically reach max level in your profession at 85. You could level all the way to 525 at level 75 in Cataclysm. I wouldn't bother with levelling a toon just to max a profession out. Since your shammy has JC/Alchemy you could probably level it pretty quickly at level 85 since you have a miner.

I would probably level Enchanting first, we all know how expensive and how well enchantments sell at the start of every expansion. Hunter probably next and then your shammy.

Thank you for a quick response.
    I had forgotten that you can probably level the profession to max without leveling the toon.
    So that is definately no longer the issue for me then.

However now I have to decide level the non raider for money or the raider then the cash.
    Probably go money first and take your suggestion!!

Thanks again.

Deleted
    I suggest levelling the gathering professions first (herbalism / mining) at least.

I would (and will) quest my ass off on my enchanter. At least the first few days disenchanting everything. Upgrade or not. And use that to fuel my jc/alch (gold wise) and try to be the first with popular cuts and one of the first xmute cool downs. I remember people tipping 2-2.5k for the first true gold cool downs.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

That is also not a bad idea!!! I do not play my warlock (my enchanter) much at all. Normally he would be the last I would level as I dont use the toon for anything in particular. So to level and disenchant everything, as you said "Upgrade or not", is brilliant as by the time I would have gotten around to leveling him .... I would have been purchasing him gear anyways. Not a bad kick off idea!

You Sir receive +1 internets

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on your guild. Ours tends to be a little slower getting into the first tier of raiding, so we have more time. If we were hardcore, get the first kill, kind of guild, the raider would need to power level.

However, you now get XP off of gathering. I would level my main raider first, and when I got bored with quests, farm mats on the gatherer, leveling (all be it, slowly) at the same time. It's nice to get the mats to get the professions up, but they're not make-it or break-it.

it comes down to which character do you love the most? I mean, we're "suposed" to love them all equally, but everyone has a favorite.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

Deleted
    Damn im in the same situation, I dont know what character to level after my main due to the professions its annoying.

My main has JC and Enchanting while I use my warrior for Alchemy and farming herbs.....thing is I don't want to level my warrior but need the professions (gem transmutes etc) to make gems and gold (not to mention the herbs go to leveling inscription on my Paladin)

I will have to level the warrior just the professions which is gonna suck :S

Deleted
    dont forget you cant fly. so gathering those higher lvl mats in an 89-90 zone at 85 will be tough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furtality View Post
    dont forget you cant fly. so gathering those higher lvl mats in an 89-90 zone at 85 will be tough
    For this reason and this reason only. Level your gatherer first. Not everyone will be thinking that which means when you hit 90 and get flying you may be able to zip in there and steal nodes from all those players who are still ground pounding.

Once the skies start to fill up go ahead and level your non gatherers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nornian View Post
    That is also not a bad idea!!! I do not play my warlock (my enchanter) much at all. Normally he would be the last I would level as I dont use the toon for anything in particular. So to level and disenchant everything, as you said "Upgrade or not", is brilliant as by the time I would have gotten around to leveling him .... I would have been purchasing him gear anyways. Not a bad kick off idea!

You Sir receive +1 internets
    My feral Druid was my first 85 in cataclysm for this sole reason. Farming dungeons and quests to d/e everything. Haven't played him since but will probably dust him off for this reason. Might even drop his leather working that I've never used for anything for herbalism. Feral Druids are insanely fast at questing. And if I can zip to 90 and herbalism for a couple weeks with flight form...pure gold. And will also reduce the cost of alchemy. Then, 2 weeks after it's been released I can go enjoy everything on my dk and gear up and raid.

That, or I would seriously give some thought to the others' suggestion of power leveling your double gatherer and getting flying really quickly.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Your hunter is your main, so you should level that first. If others in your raid team stay behind you should level your druid
    Or spend some time late night, early morning, lunch hour to farm some mats.
    Keep sending all the greens to your enchanter once you have around 50+ items start Dissing but dont sell anything on AH yet.
    Only sell end game enchants since the rest will be around 10% of their actual price due to the mass leveling of proffs.
    The stuff you craft you can sell on AH or DE aswell.
    This should get your enchanter to max level before you really are going to need the enchants.
    If there are JC dailies, do them on your shammy obviously and with whatever you can farm you can support your hunter/shaman.

Once the hunter is 90 you can either go heroics or level the druid. Some raid teams make 5 mans and than you have to wait for people sometimes. thus more time to farm

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure about the rest, but make sure you level Ench last after your crafting professions as it will save you a lot of gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    If MOP follows a similar pattern then you can basically reach max level in your profession at 85. You could level all the way to 525 at level 75 in Cataclysm. I wouldn't bother with levelling a toon just to max a profession out. Since your shammy has JC/Alchemy you could probably level it pretty quickly at level 85 since you have a miner.

I would probably level Enchanting first, we all know how expensive and how well enchantments sell at the start of every expansion. Hunter probably next and then your shammy.
    This is not true. You couldn't level BS,LW up to 525 at level 75 when Cataclysm was released, only after 4.1. You had to complete the quests at Twilight Highlands first. And you needed level 84 for most end game recipes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mining and Herb and Enchanting, then Engineering and Alchemy from leveling Mining and Herb, Jewelcrafting and Tailoring after that, then finally Blacksmithing last.

Blacksmithing might not even need to be leveled to keep the stat benefit, like it didnt need to in Cata. Enchanting should happen as you level with drops, and continue as you level other professions.

So engineering for your main makes the most since for the primary one to level, but you need mats for that so you leveling Mining first, but your miner is also your herber, no reason to not knock em both off at the same time, then because you have the herbs level Alchemy as you level Engineering. After that keep mining for JC, but start farming humanoid mods to level tailoring, then when all thats done you can level Blacksmithing if necessary. Enchanting should be done as you level that toon, and collected greens from others that are BOE and other crafted mats. So its last, yet also first, because its constantly done.

Being a blacksmith myself Im hoping the stat bonus is still available at 400, as the crafted stuff is almost always sub par and pointless in the end. If only they brought back the Stormherald BS weapons!!!!!

POINT OF INTEREST, NO FLYING MOUNTS IN PANDALAND UNTIL MAX LEVEL. So alt leveling gathering professions will suck.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2012-04-27 at 05:20 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Dual gathering is incredibly profitable in the first few weeks of the expansion, so if you want gold the most go for that.
    Your Shaman and Warlock will be great money makers in the rest of the expansion however and one of those is your raider which is important too.
    For your hunter be sure to get as many engineering pet recipes as possible this should give some good profit in Mists of Pandaria when pet battles are introduced. I assume there will be a new belt buckle too so together with PvP-gear will make some profit atleast.

For gold making only I would make the priority:
    Druid (don't level anything else once it dings 90 for the first few weeks) > Warlock/Shaman > Hunter

You will have to see how much time you got avaible and when your guild starts raiding though to see what your real plan is. If you start early with raiding I wouldn't bother at all to level up your druid though.