Never played a rogue - Easy to learn in PVP?

Rogues have always pissed me off in BGs. on the same note, interested me.

i decided i wanted to start playing a rogue and learn how to pvp on him. is it pretty difficult to do? will i get owned easy at first?

10+ Year Old Account
    i know shit about rogues except "Can't do that while Stunned!" RAWRG!

Nope, its pretty faceroll. They have the highest skill cap though. Just manage your cooldowns and you'll be fine for bgs and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy to learn, hard to master
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

rogues have a lot of things they can do, a lot of target switching and use of the focus/focus-macros makes someone a good rogue

they have a ton of utility and survivability and no, compared to other classes aren't easy to master and i don't think any class changes as much from 1-85 in pvp as far as "what do i do to kill people"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you create a rogue with BoAs and enchants you will own BGs while you level. It's almost as easy as Shadowstep > Ambush > Eviscerate > 10% Health or Dead.

easy to learn, difficult to master. WoW is very gear dependent right now though at 85 because of the stat inflation so starting out in bgs after you just hit 85 will be frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by beno113 View Post

what this guy said, bad rogues will always have fun popping out of no where when u have 20% hp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    easy to learn, difficult to master. WoW is very gear dependent right now though at 85 because of the stat inflation so starting out in bgs after you just hit 85 will be frustrating.
    I actually had a great time at 85 with 0 resilience because I was forced to manage my CDs very well and I went for a more goal-oriented attitude in BGs. The funny thing is, I still do that, so like 90% of my deaths happen because I'm totally out-numbered after trying to ninja or protect a node, take the flag in a desperate situation, etc.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by mmoc62a721aa86; 2012-04-25 at 04:38 AM.

Anyone can learn how to 1v1 as a rogue, and how to pick someone out.

A mastered rogue will solo the EFC when there are 6 people sat defending him, or will disable the entire enemy team who is chasing your FC.

The difference is amazing, however it's rarely noticed beyond "Zomg you just killed a 2k resil player in a shadowdance! OP!"

It takes a fair while of learning rogue, and how things handle, what's best to use when, preempting your opponent and shutting down their next move before they make it to become a mastered rogue. Once you are though, you are an amazing asset to any RBG, or Arena team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

Quote Originally Posted by beno113 View Post
    ^^ pretty much it will take a bit to learn, its not like playing a frost mage. You got to play cd's right and once you learn how to master them, you can literally like the previous poster said and take down the EFC while he's got 5 people around him. I can literally go into a bg and control the game, if its killing FC's or ninja'n nodes.