Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Hey I have a question for u guys in the beta though
    Are these World bosses, what are they tuned for?
    Are they tuned for 10 or 25 man raid groups?
    I heard that u actually need 40ish PuGs for these guys
    They can be killed with fewer than 40 once you know what they do, how to react, etc
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Hey I have a question for u guys in the beta though
    Are these World bosses, what are they tuned for?
    Are they tuned for 10 or 25 man raid groups?
    I heard that u actually need 40ish PuGs for these guys
    Hard to say right now since it's not possible to hit 90. With 87's, it's taken actually closer to _two_ full raid groups of 40 to take Galleon down.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    May or may not. Keep in mind Dread Wastes is not open yet so all data found there is speculative at best. He may be OP just to keep players out.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rofl all these world bosses..... seems like a major pain if your on a pvp server no?

is a beta PH ppl, is all the bug WOTLK models r goin to be replaced with the new manthid models, is BETA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'm sorry but... my face just hit my desk.. its just another anub'arak model, like we saw all over northrend.
    Come on blizzard, give us something fresh :S

Do you know how big your Wow folder would be if they made every new model that people like you want? I can only guess that it wouldn't fit on most wow players PC's

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I came into this topic thinking my guild had "wasted" a world boss in the beta without inviting me. :P

It's gonna have that big beetle Mantid model we saw on the front page 2 weeks ago or so, Nerubians won't be returning.

Also, it's probably not a world boss, they said 2 world bosses, those are Sha of Anger and Galleon, this will either be a quest mob or just another Fel Reaver.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Hard to say right now since it's not possible to hit 90. With 87's, it's taken actually closer to _two_ full raid groups of 40 to take Galleon down.
    Nah, Method did it with 18 people in 4h with multiple tries. So I think with level 90 you could do it 10 good people or more not that good people.

I'm sorry but... my face just hit my desk.. its just another anub'arak model, like we saw all over northrend.
    Haven't most mantid been using placeholder models?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    mantid placeholder and if it's not a boss level then it's not necessarily a world boss. Look at Thrym in ZD. Huge HP, hard hitting, enormous, and you sit on a storm giant's shoulder and punch his face in for a lvl 75 quest

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    Nah, Method did it with 18 people in 4h with multiple tries. So I think with level 90 you could do it 10 good people or more not that good people.
    Galleon isn't fully implememnted yet. Only the first phase if I am thinking of the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    agreed. So far we have reskinned Worgen, Night Elves, Oracles, and more I'm sure to come.
    funny thing, despite what people can say about wrath, wrath just seemed to have more original models then the other expansions, in terms of models and skeletons, Tuskarr, Vrykul, Valkyr, Oracles, bone wraiths. Don't get me wrong I don't mind them sometimes using the same skeletons with retextures if it looks good, but not if its just a recolour of something seem a hundred times before.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a mantid. As it stands, mantid models are using rehashed Qiraji and Nerubian bug models. It's a 90+ zone, and we don't even have 87+ zones open yet. Ever wonder why they aren't open yet? Eagle eyeing through them on my hunter reveals a shitload of PH models, labeled with [PH], and a shitload of models that simply look...wrong. There was a bug with a giant white extension coming out of his crotch last build. I can't get it out of my head.

Relax, child.

---------- Post added 2012-04-24 at 06:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    Galleon isn't fully implememnted yet. Only the first phase if I am thinking of the same thing.
    You're correct, Salythis or whatever his name is never actually hops down to fight - but he seems fairly trivial. Only 11m HP, that can be mowed through fairly easily.

---------- Post added 2012-04-24 at 06:40 PM ----------

funny thing, despite what people can say about wrath, wrath just seemed to have more original models then the other expansions, in terms of models and skeletons, Tuskarr, Vrykul, Valkyr, Oracles, bone wraiths. Don't get me wrong I don't mind them sometimes using the same skeletons with retextures if it looks good, but not if its just a recolour of something seem a hundred times before.
    Val'kyr and Vrykul used the same female skeletons, FYI. Just hang in there, dude. So far, there's been a lot of unique models in the beta so far. The Hozen are fantastic, and although the virmen use Oracle models, the textures are way the hell up there.

We're barely a month into open beta, and this is a mob in a zone that isn't even close to being open. Remember how the LK used a human model in early Wrath before given a unique one?
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2012-04-24 at 11:41 PM.

Probably just a placeholder.

Deleted
    Huh, quite sure I saw something like that before Valley of the Four Winds was accessable, there was something with huge name called something with "Behemoth" blocking the hill up to that area.. Before got ported away back to Jade Forest >.> Could be wrong tho.. Still, nice if it means even more world bosses

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is most likely a place holder in terms of it well looking like a Anub'arak so I suspect they will be using some sort of Mantid model in most cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Val'kyr and Vrykul used the same female skeletons, FYI. Just hang in there, dude. So far, there's been a lot of unique models in the beta so far. The Hozen are fantastic, and although the virmen use Oracle models, the textures are way the hell up there.

We're barely a month into open beta, and this is a mob in a zone that isn't even close to being open. Remember how the LK used a human model in early Wrath before given a unique one?
    Fair enough, they did have some pretty poor looking vrykul models to start with wrath until they were done up nice, and I just use the val'kyr and Vrykul reference since blizzard often only does 1 sex for some races, well the vrykul had 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    agreed. So far we have reskinned Worgen, Night Elves, Oracles, and more I'm sure to come.
    Those aren't reskins.

10+ Year Old Account
    The vast majority of models in Dread Wastes thus far have <PH Model> tagged on them.
    I would be willing to guarantee you that this is a placeholder as well.