Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Coming back after 4 years gone - chars deleted?

I've been gone from WoW for around 4 years now and I am probably coming back soon. I was wondering if they deleted my characters and/or account altogether?

I've not even downloaded the game yet; I still have the original discs (no expansion).

Last I left the account had a 58 or 59 Rogue, 57 Mage, 49 Paladin, etc. This was mainly before any expansions hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your characters and account should still exist

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They don't delete accounts OP, You will still exist in their logs. Simply call them

They will still be there.

They don't delete accounts or characters. What you may have to do is merge your WoW account into a battle.net account. I'm not sure if thats done for old accounts automatically or not, but its a simple and easy process.

If by any chance you do notice characters missing - just contact Blizzard. Contary to what many people say, they still have the best customer service of any MMO on the market right now. Even if it can be slow sometimes.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

You will probably need to create a battle.net account and then you should have no problems logging in. Blizzard does not delete accounts.

First of all, welcome back big hug etc. Second of all, the only way your characters would be gone is if you or some asshole hacker deleted them.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

After 4 years it's not really "coming back," it's "starting a new game."
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    4 years ago, i dont think they had the authendicator... so assuming your account hasnt been hacked, turned into a bnet account not on your accord.

but, yea welcome back

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome back. If you aren't being recruited using Scroll of Ressurection, I highly recommend it. It'll gain you a week's worth of free time but the big bonus for you will be every expansion since Vanilla for free.

I still have friends in my friends list who left 2 months into Vanilla and never returned. I use them as "30-day dumping grounds" if I just want to just store some stuff but don't need it until MUCH later rather than having it sit wasting my valuable bank space on my mule... sending them all of it via mail to their account.

They still exist - so yours should to. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Get Scroll of Ressurection off some one(il send you if you are in eu) get free expansion and free character/transfer.
    Also if you dont have cata cd just download wow from their website 14gbs total and you can play while downloading .

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I still have friends in my friends list who left 2 months into Vanilla and never returned. I use them as "30-day dumping grounds" if I just want to just store some stuff but don't need it until MUCH later rather than having it sit wasting my valuable bank space on my mule... sending them all of it via mail to their account.

They still exist - so yours should to. :P
    That's actually really smart O_O

WB, Here read the the Welcome back FAQ
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/406...7_04_2012#blog

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that Blizzard do delete your characters if someone else wanted to use your character names and they only do that if your account been inactive for a while.

The only reason they would be gone is if your account was hacked while you were offline for 4 years. It seems that most of the hacked accounts I see are ppl that have their accounts turned off.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 01:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kobomino View Post
    I know that Blizzard do delete your characters if someone else wanted to use your character names and they only do that if your account been inactive for a while.
    When they do that it is almost only done to lvl 10 or lower toons and they don't delete them they just strip the name. So when the person that has the name taken goes to log on they have to rename it. It would be an insanely shitty practice to destroy a toon because you were offline for a bit and somebody felt they should have that toons name.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 01:15 AM ----------

When they do that it is almost only done to lvl 10 or lower toons and they don't delete them they just strip the name. So when the person that has the name taken goes to log on they have to rename it. It would be an insanely shitty practice to destroy a toon because you were offline for a bit and somebody felt they should have that toons name.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    They will never delete your character. NEVER.
    And only in rare cases will they force a name change on a character. It usually occurs if the character having the name already is below level 10 and has not been online for a very long time.

They don't delete the characters, they force a name change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reuben001 View Post
    I've been gone from WoW for around 4 years now and I am probably coming back soon. I was wondering if they deleted my characters and/or account altogether?

I've not even downloaded the game yet; I still have the original discs (no expansion).

Last I left the account had a 58 or 59 Rogue, 57 Mage, 49 Paladin, etc. This was mainly before any expansions hit.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post16566540
    usually I post on the WoW forums, but I'm not subscribed anymore so I figured that I would post here and see what this WoW community has to say about this. Now, I don't mean for this to be a QQ post, but at some point I may be getting at that, so please bear with me.

I've been off of WoW for about 5 weeks now, and I'm pretty happy. I'm just bored of the game now. With 4.3 having been out for a few months now, and no new patches coming out any time soon, there was no reason to justify me paying for this game.

Originally, in the early stages of Cata, and the entirety of Wrath (besides after FotLK,) I was paying for a constantly changing game, essentially like getting a new video game every few months. Assuming that a patch came out every 3 months or so, I was paying $60 for a game that I would play for 3 months, and that's generally the amount of time I get out of a game for my xbox 360 if I'm lucky, so paying 15-20 dollars a month for WoW was a pretty good deal. But now I would be playing the same game for what looks like 6 months, and I just can't bring myself to do that.

On top of that, personally I just don't think MoP is going to make this game any better. What Blizzard is saying about Mists is exactly what they said about Cata back in summer 2011, and that didn't really get us anywhere, did it? The same people were getting mad about a lot of things that Blizzard did wrong, and it was Wrath all over again (at least from a satisfaction standpoint.)

Back up to paragraph 2 about paying $60 for a game that would last 3 months, I don't think I can say that each patch lasted 3 months. I spent an upwards of about an hour a day just SITTING in Stormwind/Orgrimmar, with absolutely nothing to do. I just feel like WoW is literally a time sink, where at least if I was playing Skyrim or something, I would actually be doing something in that time period.

Sorry if this got a little out of hand, I just wanted to kind of vent my frustration that has come with WoW.
    Same guy, 2 different stories, say what?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by reuben001 View Post

Been gone from WoW in about 4 years, yet before any expansions hit... Hmmm, doesn't add up in my head since both TBC and even almost Wotlk was out 4 years ago.... HOWEVER it's all still there.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann