Thread: iPad Streaming

iPad Streaming

The open beta last week confirmed that I will love D3 just as I loved D2. I loved WoW, but quit a year ago because I was sick of raiding for 12 hours a week to have a small chance at a piece of gear. D3 will feed my loot driven obsession, but in a much more casual form. Separate loot for each player is a million dollar idea! The last time I played D2 (I remember the day, because it was 911 when the towers were hit) I was annoyed by people with their loot vacuum mods that snatched up the goodies automatically.

Anyway, I am a huge fan of the new iPad, and I was pleasantly surprised at how successful I was at playing the beta on my tablet, streaming from my PC. I had no major problems doing SK runs while on the go. There was a slight delay when activating my right click skills, and for some reason I would accidentally pick up garbage loot if I was standing on it.

I'm sure I will take advantage of this when the game launches, but I think it would be totally possible to have a native D3 app on the iPad to access the game on the go. I would even pay a subscription to have this feature. I don't like how I need to keep my computer running to play the game.

Deleted
    Hmm it sounds possible, i mean as long as there's money in it for Blizzard.

Deleted
    I don't think they will make it for ipads personally, I suspect we'll see a console release long before we saw a dedicated tablet release.

I've actually played WoW on my Ipad, I use it for checking auctions and chatting to guildies using the LogMeIn App and whilst it's not exactly fantastic it's not the worst experience in the world either. I reckon you could even level in WoW on the Ipad assuming it's just sending commands to your PC and relaying the images, but definitely not run dungeons/raids.

Even if it was free, more chances for playing could equal more chances for items sold on the real money AH