Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Per usual, classes will be (or try to be) balanced at max level. This is true of every game ever made that has both different levels and classes.

If every class can solo their way through Hell, it's balanced enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt worry about balance until you have a level 60

Deleted
    Are you really going to have a discussion about class balance after a beta that took you to lvl 13 max (out of 60 levels) in the first step of the first act at the first difficulty?

I think that for you to claim such things you may wanna wait and atleast reach max level

Also remember this is not wow, is not a raiding game, balancing classes is not that relevant

Deleted
    wow you really played all the way to lvl 6? damn, games almost over and its so imbalanced
    you serious ?

10+ Year Old Account
    First I thought you were talking about the MoP beta...and lol'ed.

Then I realized you were talking about the D3 beta...and lol'ed.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played each class to level 13, and I can honestly tell you that when you get there each one has a lot of utility that is unique to only them. Play them further, make sure you're in elective keybinding mode, and go nuts. Trust me, you'll see a difference. There really isn't an imbalance, obviously things that can go up and smash face immediately feel a little better but everyone is still ramping up. You have to play them further than just 6.

Believe me when I tell you that I was equally impressed with each class at max Beta level.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2012-04-24 at 09:43 PM.

The only class that I have played that I havent felt like I could tear through anything in beta would be the demon hunter. But it was awhile ago so maybe its been changed a bit. Then again they did remove the damage rune from grasp of the dead on the witch doctor (well, moved it to a later level so you cant get it in beta) and thats what killed large groups for me. Barbarians get cleave and its explosion glyph... which is a very powerful skill for low level when things die more easily.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

I completed the Beta on a barb and a dh. It didnt really feel unbalanced. From level to level, as you unlock abilities, one would gain an edge over the other, but it wasn't game breaking.

I'm one sad panda we got the cream of the crop from the WoW community spilling over into d3. Just jesus fucking christ

Deleted
    I once was playing WoW, and I was a lvl 1 paladin and I thought this class sucks.

Played 1-13 with both Monk and Barbarian, and I love them melee classes

Quote Originally Posted by Siq1ne View Post
    I played 1-10 with WD, DH and 1-6 with Monk.

WD was by far the most OP of the 3. Why? because Firebats, that's why. I turn and shoot Firebats and everything roasts. It's super easy.

and Poison Dart gets better with Glyph.
    Throw in Soul Harvest whn you hit 9.

Soul Harvest, Firebats for insane damage, and then glyphed Poison Darts to take out anything thats left. At lvl 9, Soul Harvest alone increases your damage by like 100% if you can get like 2-3 enemies with it.

I have the feeling that anyone having big problems with any of the classes is having a pebkac issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pmgbro View Post
    I'm one sad panda we got the cream of the crop from the WoW community spilling over into d3. Just jesus fucking christ
    Yes you are so much better then the general gaming population.

Monk has a lower polycount, increasing my average framerate by 0.0000317 frames per second. Imbalanced!

15+ Year Old Account
    Surprise, the dude that has to go into melee is more potent on Normal difficulty. I promise you will appreciate ranged combat on the higher difficulties when monsters will do more than 1-5% of your hp per hit.

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 12:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Totbot View Post
    Throw in Soul Harvest whn you hit 9.

Soul Harvest, Firebats for insane damage, and then RUNED Poison Darts to take out anything thats left. At lvl 9, Soul Harvest alone increases your damage by like 100% if you can get like 2-3 enemies with it.

I have the feeling that anyone having big problems with any of the classes is having a pebkac issue.
    Come on, this is Diablo, not WOW.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama View Post
    Monk has a lower polycount, increasing my average framerate by 0.0000317 frames per second. Imbalanced!
    Genius.
    >>Because having a signature is so mainstream.<<

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't know much about Diablo and balance, do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly i wouldnt judge each class at this low level of play. thats like playing WoW up to level 10 and saying X class sucks because of Y. first time i played the WD i hated it. then i got it to level 10 and am starting to like it a bit better. whos to say how it will play at level 30....40....50?

point is, the beta is a TINY slice of the full game. wait till retail comes out and see before jumping to conclusions. cause i already know that after playing all 5 classes ive gone from hating to loving to hating again all in a span of a few levels.

Are you really making judgement calls based on 20 minutes of playtime on each class...?

The very earliest you would be able to judge this would be at 30, when you have all the abilities... but even then you are missing tons of runes and passives...

Funny, I chain pulled the entire beta on my dh without breaking a sweat, and I think I "needed" a total of 5 health orbs across all the classes, all of which I completed the content on. I have a feeling some of the imbalance people are feeling is a result of play style rather than actual gameplay issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.