Need documented instances of trolling for a paper

Weird, quasi related to videogames thread. I'm finishing up a behemoth of a paper for a conflict management class, and the topic that I landed on, being a gamer at heart, was conflict in online space, particularly as it pertains to the most common examples of modern gaming, WoW and CoD. As a segway into a point about conflict being just as much a result of the structure of communication and systems it exists in, as it is the more conventional idea that conflict is directly and almost solely tied to an individual's needs and interests, I am trying to show examples of something fairly rare outside of the internet, "trolling" so much as it is understood that an individual is intentionally causing a conflict as a goal as opposed to as a result of goals not being in line.

So I was wondering if anyone perhaps has a screenshot that they may have saved for lulz, or as evidence for a complaint, etc. that shows an individual inciting an argument in any medium, trade chat, a recorded vent conversation etc. that shows an individual, without any seeming tension beforehand, inciting conflict amongst others and/or themselves as a seeming goal.

As a general rule I would like to avoid any instances where the conversation was in progress before the actual antagonism takes place, as that could be a factor that goes against my reasoning on a system influencing conflict.

Privacy concerns: I will not cite any actual in character names, and all information that could be considered personal and unrelated to pop culture and/or commonly known locations/persons will be changed in the examples given.

While I would prefer screenshots, and things that clearly legitimately happen within the game itself, I would appreciate anyone's examples in anecdotes and anyone willing to help. Thanks in advance.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.google.com/search?q=wow+funeral+crash

best example i know of off the top of my head
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    https://www.google.com/search?q=wow+funeral+crash

best example i know of off the top of my head
    Thats more griefing than it is trolling, There is a very big line and difference between the two. Alot of people dont even know the definition of trolling and just call anything they see that they dont like trolling. Really google is going to be your best asset in this paper.

Deleted
    These days, kids call everything "trolling".
    For the old-school way of getting people upset, step into your time machine and search for "HOAX".

Some popular ones I will always remember?
    Fufme and Manbeef. But there are plenty more successful to be found...

These days, MMO-Champion is full of pathetic trolls, but here is a confirmed real troll that you can easily Google:
    Bacon of Light offends me religiously.

The Legend of the Bloodninja is a good example of trolling (though fictitious). It's essentially interacting over the internet with the intent to ridcule and aggravate through provocation. Sometimes out of malicious fun, sometimes to make a point. There's no shortage of concentrated huddles of wierd activities, or polarised opinions out on the internet deserving of being disrupted. I prefer to think of them as modern day online equivalents of anarchists.