Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/client/Gw2.exe

    This is the link that was on the GW2 official forums before they took it down. When you get the email to download the client you're sent to the same webpage that I got this link from.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    what other links are there
    http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/client/Gw2.exe

    There you go.

  3. #43
    wow I finish installing the client, it loads I close it and now it says i need to download it again...
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  4. #44
    Just got the email telling me to download the beta. My download was at 87% so I'm a small step ahead of them.

  5. #45
    Herald of the Titans Platinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    2,996
    I love the login screen! <3

    [email protected] | GeForce GTX 760 | 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB SSD | 1+2TB HDD | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 | Corsair CX V2 500W | NZXT Phantom | 2x 24" 1920x1080 | Qpad MK-80 MX Blue | Logitech G600

  6. #46
    Pit Lord barackopala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chile, Viña del Mar
    Posts
    2,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    video while waiting for 502 error. team explains what we can expect in the beta http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=Oiv8OM5taf8#!

    this is not good.. it seems like the game is faaaaaaaaaaaaar from release date. 3 classes only and only up to level 20.... this game isnt going to be released until like december.... think of it. tera have had like 6 open betas? this is gw2's first ''open'' beta

    now i just feel like giving up on this game
    'Nuff said sir.

    Plus pvp will have max lvl/all skills (except for WvWvW)
    all professions playable? Sounds fine to me
    not all races available? Well, I can try the charzooka at least !
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-04-24 at 11:02 PM.

  7. #47
    Believe it or not, I'm actually downloading faster then usual. Which is awesome 181k files to go >>

  8. #48
    Pandaren Monk nalle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,841
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    wow I finish installing the client, it loads I close it and now it says i need to download it again...
    Did you run the .exe from the zip?

    If so it will redownload it if you don't find the files in the temp folder or whatever people said it was.


    Easiest way is to make a new folder where you'll put the .exe then you run it to start the download again and it will install it in that folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    Thank god you posted that pic done by Da Vinci The vitruvian man because to be honest I had NOOOO Idea what a Human body looked liked therefor had NO idea what you were refering too. With that said the sylvari are made of lettuce. If I twist up some cabage leaves too look like a human, it doesnt make it monohuman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    That picture has four arms and four legs. It's not a human, so it's clearly a spider.

  9. #49
    Yup, got my invite about one hour ago...but also getting the 502 error. Oh well, figure it'll be fixed soon enough to enjoy the beta to some degree, even if that means only getting to play on Sunday (actually my wife would probably be happier if it wasn't fixed till Sunday).

  10. #50
    Scarab Lord Loaf Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rue d'Auseil
    Posts
    4,558
    So this means beta videos this weekend?! YAY something to look forward to.

  11. #51
    Warchief Cherrysoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    wow I finish installing the client, it loads I close it and now it says i need to download it again...
    Copy ALL files into the folder you wish to run the game, not just GW2 app (exe)

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    video while waiting for 502 error. team explains what we can expect in the beta http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=Oiv8OM5taf8#!

    this is not good.. it seems like the game is faaaaaaaaaaaaar from release date. 3 classes only and only up to level 20.... this game isnt going to be released until like december.... think of it. tera have had like 6 open betas? this is gw2's first ''open'' beta

    now i just feel like giving up on this game
    If you go by the sylvari and asura not being there... I guess we wont see the release EVER then. Anet said they want something to remain a mystery and totally new for the release itself.

  13. #53
    I'm still getting the 502 bad gateway error they talked about already. Ah well. At least we know they're working on it. I'll just be patient and wait for it to come up rather than use the second hand links.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    I'm still getting the 502 bad gateway error they talked about already. Ah well. At least we know they're working on it. I'll just be patient and wait for it to come up rather than use the second hand links.
    It's not a second hand. It's the exact same link that ArenaNet is going to tell you to download.

  15. #55
    Brewmaster Rakatashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Future Gadget Laboratory
    Posts
    1,256
    How large is the file?

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    How large is the file?
    13GB and some change.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It's not a second hand. It's the exact same link that ArenaNet is going to tell you to download.
    Like I said, I'm going to be patient and wait for the link from the e-mail to work. Call me paranoid. I'm not losing anything by being patient.

  18. #58
    Brewmaster Kiry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,255
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    13GB and some change.
    ....wow. That's some download. I ended up giving up on the 502 and am using the link provided. Seems to work fine so far.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

  19. #59
    Pandaren Monk nalle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Like I said, I'm going to be patient and wait for the link from the e-mail to work. Call me paranoid. I'm not losing anything by being patient.
    You are paranoid.

    But if you have the time to download it before Friday afternoon if you just start the download tomorrow then it doesn't really matter anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    Thank god you posted that pic done by Da Vinci The vitruvian man because to be honest I had NOOOO Idea what a Human body looked liked therefor had NO idea what you were refering too. With that said the sylvari are made of lettuce. If I twist up some cabage leaves too look like a human, it doesnt make it monohuman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    That picture has four arms and four legs. It's not a human, so it's clearly a spider.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    video while waiting for 502 error. team explains what we can expect in the beta http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=Oiv8OM5taf8#!

    this is not good.. it seems like the game is faaaaaaaaaaaaar from release date. 3 classes only and only up to level 20.... this game isnt going to be released until like december.... think of it. tera have had like 6 open betas? this is gw2's first ''open'' beta

    now i just feel like giving up on this game
    They said you can only play PERSONAL STORY up to level 20, not that you can only level up to 20.

    Large difference.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •