Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Paladins and Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps

Is it only me or is the proc rate really that ridiculously bad for Retribition Paladins. I got the sword earlier today and went to try it out on the target dummy.
    After 5-6 mins, got bored there after, I didn't get a single proc. Not "ONE".

Anyone else in the same boat? It is kinda underwhelming for one the best 2-H swords in the raid.

I mean it can't be that bad?

Deleted
    so you tested it for 350 seconds, 1 time, which is basically 100-150 proc chances. come back when you've tested it for 100X that and still haven't gotten a single proc. because 100 swings is easily enough a small enough test sample that you can attribute it to bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    so you tested it for 350 seconds, 1 time, which is basically 100-150 proc chances. come back when you've tested it for 100X that and still haven't gotten a single proc. because 100 swings is easily enough a small enough test sample that you can attribute it to bad luck.
    I got bored >.>.

Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    I got bored >.>.
    Autoattack and watch a movie or do something else, since you don't seem to be interested in testing it like a man ... And if you miss a proc you could always check your recount or whatever program you like best.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The proc rate is lowest for Paladins, it is a much better weapon for Unholy DK and Arms Warrior, but it is still without a doubt our BiS, and believe me when you do get a lucky 3 proc (which is the most I've seen personally) it will be very awesome! I still really enjoy this weapon despite the low proc rate for Ret.

Sadly, this was wildly op for Ret so it got to the ground'd for them, compared to the other users. It is only OP (not wildly ;P) for warriors but not enough to nerf it, it seems.

It's still a good weapon though as stated.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    It's a 2% proc chance, RNG will be RNG.

However, each proc does 100k+ damage, so yes, it is that good.
    Cross-posting my post from the duplicate thread =P

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Reason this sucks so hard for ret as a weapon, even as our BIS.... "YOUR MELEE ATTACKS" , and how many of those does a ret have? ..Whiteswing, CS, TV. Compared to a warrior, or an unholy DK, yea..we don't have our foot in the door on getting this thing to proc, cause Blizz has once more given us something that was a blessing in disguise. It was bugged, we destroyed with it, they fixed that and didn't even think their own weapon proc wording JUST MIGHT cause a little issue with the only class in the entire two hand plate circle that ISN'T just full on melee everything, not counting deathknights cause for SOME reason their diseases are all considered "melee" by this sword, allowing it to proc off things like howling blast for some odd reason.

Blizz could simply make it "your attacks" and let everything and anything offensive by the wielder proc the tentacle so all is atleast somewhat more in balance for this weapon across the possible three classes to own it..but that'd be too hard, and making things level and equal isn't in Blizz's blood, so here we are again, short end of the stick cause of bad designing on Blizz's end.
    Last edited by Vx-Odessa-xV; 2012-04-25 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeon View Post
    or an unholy DK
    To be completely fair, Unholy proc rate is pretty terrible too but get's made up for by the fact that it scales with their mastery.

Edit: According to simcraft, Rets proc an average of 8.0 tentacles in the 450 second test duration vs. Unholy's 8.1 (vs. Arms' 14.7).
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-04-25 at 09:28 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    To be completely fair, Unholy proc rate is pretty terrible too but get's made up for by the fact that it scales with their mastery.

Edit: According to simcraft, Rets proc an average of 8.0 tentacles in the 450 second test duration vs. Unholy's 8.1 (vs. Arms' 14.7).
    I'm not sure what the proc rate is with me. But it does around 7/8% of my dmg, ALWAYS!
    I dont always see the tentacle spawn but the dmg is always there
    My average dps is near 30k with 390 ilvl

Instead of nerfing us, because this weapon, they should just had put and ICD to it.
    Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Quote Originally Posted by niteline View Post
    I'm not sure what the proc rate is with me. But it does around 7/8% of my dmg, ALWAYS!
    No offense, but near 30k with 390 ilvl is pretty terrible (I'm assuming ultraxion dps). Of course the proc is going to be a high % of your damage if your damage is so low...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by niteline View Post
    no offense, but i'm pulling 30K in LFR with a 378 weapon and 387 itemlevel. I imagine having Gurth normal (or even LFR) would change that.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everytime we step in combat it's a roll of the dice on procs alone, might as well make things more interesting with Gurth. Just like with crits, sometimes you get a string of luck and sometimes you get the shaft, it's the nature of the game :P I used to get the 5-7% dmg range before the nerf now if I see 1%-2% it's a good day.

Armory : Fear@Cho'Gall UI Screen : Elv UI Wow Progress : Vindictive
    Cpu : Intel I7-2600k Mem : 16gb Corsair Vengeance Psu : Corsair HX1050 Gfx : EVGA GTX 770

Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    Sadly, this was wildly op for Ret so it got to the ground'd for them, compared to the other users. It is only OP (not wildly ;P) for warriors but not enough to nerf it, it seems.

It's still a good weapon though as stated.
    This was FAR from "wildly" op for ret. We had the highest chance to proc prior to the nerf but were still out dps'd (pve) by warriors and sometimes DK's. It was nerfed because of pvp implications (3 tentacles at a time in pvp IS wildly OP, but apparently thats ok for warriors...)

Deleted
    The proc rate is low but it's all up to the rng god, u can kill a boss without even 1 proc while having it do 15% of the dmg next fight. On the other hand it seems to proc very often on beta, not sure if it's a bug or it got buffed, altho it's pointless as u'll probably change it to some green quest weapon anyway.

I have a question, how do I check the DPS of the tentacles when they spawn. I currently use Recount. However, when I check pet damage, I only see my GoAK up there. Only at this one fight in the LFD where I didn't pop GOAK and the damage for the tentacles showed up. Is there a way around this?

Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    I have a question, how do I check the DPS of the tentacles when they spawn. I currently use Recount. However, when I check pet damage, I only see my GoAK up there. Only at this one fight in the LFD where I didn't pop GOAK and the damage for the tentacles showed up. Is there a way around this?
    Try a different damage parser or /combatlog and upload it to world of logs

Edit: also, Tentacles are considered 'guardians' so that may have some effect
    Last edited by Boppalopigus; 2012-04-28 at 05:28 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Recount logs it accurately. but it'll only show the top pet that does the most damage. If GoAK does 60k and tentacles 59.9 it's going to show the GoAK which for a whole fight would be weird seeing as it doesn't do much damage.

If you want to see your tentacle dps all the time, then your recount is going to be a little spammy but look @ this screenshot and check this box -> http://i.imgur.com/EteoY.jpg
    I'm sure you can find a way to edit out other peoples pets but I don't know how because I mostly use World Of Logs and I'm not worried about tentacle dps.
    If you want to see baseline damage then you should just be able to hover your mouse over -> http://i.imgur.com/z86CZ.jpg

If you go the World Of Logs route you can see your dmg/dps by clicking the little arrow next to your name - > http://i.imgur.com/56jM0.png

My recount settings are stock as stock gets, so feel free to mess around.
    Last edited by fears; 2012-04-28 at 07:21 AM.

Armory : Fear@Cho'Gall UI Screen : Elv UI Wow Progress : Vindictive
    Cpu : Intel I7-2600k Mem : 16gb Corsair Vengeance Psu : Corsair HX1050 Gfx : EVGA GTX 770

I got to raid with the heroic version of this sword. Got like 1 proc on Yorsah'j. 1 on Zon'ozz. And 0 on Hagara LOL I tank the rest of the fights. Proc sucks.