Poll: Mario or Sonic?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mario all the way :3

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    After all the bad games sega has made with sonic i'd be kind of doubtful to invest in any other sonic game. Plus those are not even karts D: and uhm.. it's a "Sega Kart Racing", sonic gets to be in the game, is used in the title for extrafanboy.
    Checkout the reviews for the game and gameplay footage, if anything it is a Sega fan service, nostaglia filled fanboys cream filled cake of awesomeness, but not only that it is a great game. And I say that as someone who doesn't really buy sonic games, nor kart racer style games, they did a great job with this one though, one of the best of its kind for a long long time!

Sure it is just Sonic on the cover, but that still counts as a Sonic game. The last Sonic game I played was Sonic Rush on the DS, have to admit I thought it was shite, but this racer is top stuff.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Mario because Nintendo is a better company than Sega.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    and uhm.. it's a "Sega Kart Racing", sonic gets to be in the game, is used in the title for extrafanboy.
    A third of the characters are from Sonic.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Checkout the reviews for the game and gameplay footage, if anything it is a Sega fan service, nostaglia filled fanboys cream filled cake of awesomeness, but not only that it is a great game. And I say that as someone who doesn't really buy sonic games, nor kart racer style games, they did a great job with this one though, one of the best of its kind for a long long time!

Sure it is just Sonic on the cover, but that still counts as a Sonic game. The last Sonic game I played was Sonic Rush on the DS, have to admit I thought it was shite, but this racer is top stuff.
    I LOVED the first Sonic & Sega All-Stars racing game, WAY better then any of the Mario Kart games IMO, definitely a game that would be somewhere in my top 100 list some where.

However I haven't played the new one yet because I am really disappointed/sickened with Sega for wasting two Sega character spaces to add Wreck-It-Ralf and some random real world nascar driver to the roster, seriously they have how many freaking characters from Sega's history they could of used and they instead waste it with those two cash-in characters, really disappointed me. Then to rub salt in the wound they add that OutRun course as first edition DLC content, why not put that in the actual game and make the two dumb ass characters early release DLC(ya know since according to them they are so popular as to be included in the game right)? Just really disappointed me after the first game was so perfect (except for the Metal Sonic/Death Egg DLC which should of been in the game). I guess though the addition of the two random non-Sega/non-video game characters you could argue make sense in the game based on Sega's track record of including non-game character sell-out cameos in their games like Spider-Man in Shinobi and Pepsi-Man in the Japanese version of Fighting Vipers. I am holding out hope and my cash for a new version of the game that replaces those two characters and adds some more Sega guys, that I will pay full price for.

Speaking of Sega I REALLY freaking hate their new first-copy DLC policy and labeling it "Limited Edition", Transformed was the first(to my memory), but now they are making Bayonetta DLC for Anarchy Reigns? Fuuuuuuuuuuu. So much rage. I know other games like Bulletstorm have done this ,but just fills me with such hate and loathing to see Sega do it, I wouldn't care as much if it was just alternate costumes or avatar-shit but not characters/major portions of the game, hell I would be fine if they made it online passes instead.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-01-08 at 07:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Mario, because SEGA is bad.

Deleted
    sonic owns him mario is too childish has no storyling all he does is go in a casle to save a princess just to find that she aint there the old mario was respectable but now it just take the piss. sonic is better

15+ Year Old Account
    an over-weight plumber (who's probably never worked a sink or bathroom in his life) that constantly has his girl friend get "kidnapped" (and I put aht in quotes because look at bowser, he has 6-8 kids and no queen to his castle)

vs.

a hedgehog who can go super sayian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i will go with Mario if you talk about games... but if you want them to fight each other... Sonic

Deleted
    yea i agree ... BUT SHADOW OWNS EVERYONE lol

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 06:37 PM ----------

hey all this new mario kart is crap the old original was COOL except stupid wario allways lost to him on 150cc but i think sonic riders is better than all stars racing the best ive ever played i love the scenery and the hoverboard and stuff lol

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 06:42 PM ----------

a hedgehog that can go super sayan so funny lol i watched the anime DBZ and Sonic X lol nice 1

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 06:43 PM ----------

how is SEGA bad im confused

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 06:44 PM ----------

yea i agree man those idiots shold have put better character in there

Quite frankly, I have to say Mario. He's just overall better. He's a pretty shallow character, yeah, but it's just how he is.

Sonic has more personality, but quite frankly, Sonic '06 and the games after it soured my view on Sonic quite a bit. He's getting better, though.

Also, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed is amazing. I love kart-racing games like Mario Kart, and Diddy Kong Racing if anyone remembers it. The new Sonic racing game was really, really fun for me. I recommend it heartily.

Though I guess it depends on how you look at SEGA these days. They're not exactly the most noble company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hated Mario always, wankest character ever.

Deleted
    My first console was a sega mega drive with sonic. I grew up with that so I have to say sonic.

Deleted
    I used to like sonic but his new games are so bad...

the good old sonic games during the 90's trumps mario! but the recent ones, urgh