Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Summary for those who can't see the video linked for some reason. New things not present in previous beta events: human capital city of Lion's Arch, "conditional treasure chests" in PvE maps that players need to explore to find and boss monsters roaming the world. Everything else is apparently same as in previous beta events.

Quote Originally Posted by kilcin View Post
    I was expecting a Queen song, I feel lied to.
    You didn't watch the whole thing... I liked it

Completing the personal story in Beta will get you a quest message that says "Personal Story will continue in release". The last personal story event is about level 20-22, yet you can of course level up well past 20.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    New things not present in previous beta events: human capital city of Lion's Arch
    Lion's Arch is not the human capital city, it's a neutral port city where all races gather.
    Divinity's Reach is the name of the human capital.

Deleted
    I haven't heard anything about ANet saying there'll only be two betas. Have you got a source for that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    " A little bit dies in you"? Well that is rather.....over the top, don't you think? It is only a beta, it will be incomplete, buggy and whatnot - actually shouldn't you be glad to have lots and lots and lots of shiny new stuff to look forward to in the actual game?
    My thoughts exactly, I mean honestly, you died a little inside? Seriously? I want as much stuff to be new/fresh when the game is actually released.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game gets released when it's ready. That has been ArenaNet's motto all along. Things change in game development and I rather personally have a polished bug free experience upon release than a bugged and rushed client. I'd say let them take their time.

I only let little things inside of me die when I run out of worcestershire sauce on steak day. Seriously, just chill. The world isn't going to end this december, you'll have plenty of time to rot away in GW2
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    My thoughts exactly, I mean honestly, you died a little inside? Seriously? I want as much stuff to be new/fresh when the game is actually released.
    no. what i meant when i said ''little bit of me died'' was not because we only could play 3 races etc. it was that i thought the game werent even close to release because of it. but as people, and myself thought, it was because they didnt want to spoil things

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    He says the story line will only be up to level 20, Also Arena Net already said they wont be showing the other two races until launch. They don't want you knowing the whole game before its out.
    They wont be showing them? But I hope someone betatest their stories and starting areas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    They wont be showing them? But I hope someone betatest their stories and starting areas
    Well obviously somebody does, but I think a lot of the unrevealed stuff is just going to be internally and professionally tested, rather than tested by the public. Some people are paid to test games after all, though it's not as fun as it may sound.

The primary purpose for big public betas like this is for the sake of stress testing, and to see what the masses do to break your game when let loose into the world with no direction.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    *snip*

I've warned you guys about posting memes/meme-like images on these forums outside of the MMOC guild thread. Please don't do it. Infracted. -Edge
    stupid rules

Deleted
    Seeing as other betas have, as you said, been high level betas including both asura and sylvari, they obviously have that part of the game working decently. I wouldn't worry. It's just a beta.

Eh what? Where did you hear there's going to be only 2 betas? You have got a great deal of misinformation there, buddy.
    They even said before the prepurchase they'll have several once-per-month weekend betas, with the first one starting at the end of April.

If you ask me, GW2 will be released October/September+
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Judging by what this beta client looks like when ready to go I would say they got a bit longer to go. The beta build is not really in a deployed state. As in its just 4-5 files. I would expect the release package will be multiple files, folders and packages.

Just my opinion though.

They have also stated the release date will depend on how the Betas go, which is way cool with me. I don't mind doing some testing and bug hunting for them. Even if all I really end up doing is giving them an idea of how their hardware is working. Which I expect most of this weekend will be servers going up and down and melting. Hope ANet takes their time and puts out a solid product, I think most people know the difference between Beta and release versions of a game. We are also unhappy when release feels like a Beta.

pipda, GW1 was 2 files (or was it 3?), the exe and the dat file, why would you expect a large number of files?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only difference is release will have an installer to make life easier for the less technically minded.
    It will still only be 3 files.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    pipda, GW1 was 2 files (or was it 3?), the exe and the dat file, why would you expect a large number of files?
    I'd say a high percentage of people interested in this game has never played GW1 or simply didn't care for it. Which means they wouldn't know how many files the installer had back 5 years ago when they tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    I'd say a high percentage of people interested in this game has never played GW1 or simply didn't care for it. Which means they wouldn't know how many files the installer had back 5 years ago when they tried it.
    I realize that. I could have also said, they have a single 13gb file right now, why would that change.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkman View Post
    Lion's Arch is not the human capital city, it's a neutral port city where all races gather.
    Divinity's Reach is the name of the human capital.
    Clearly, I live in time of GW1. Bah.

Still, isn't Lion's Arch a human city first and foremost? It's in Kryta and all.