Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    I did a test as in i removed the local.dat and then attempted to login to the game and it just hung at connecting, put it back and i got the your game is prepared but there is no beta, so i would assume it is your personal data of sorts (im not 100% tech savvy)

When my fclient was finished i had GW2.Exe, GW2.Dat and GW2.Tmp then a Local.dat and Music(?) yellow folder in my Guild Wars 2 File
    My hunch is that the music folder and local.dat file might have something to do with the music player that allows you to play your own music in the game.

This thing...

Finally, no matter how fantastic a game’s music is, when you hear the same music for the thousandth time, you start wanting to change things up a bit. Many players will simply turn the game music off and play their own collections. The problem is that an external music player has no context as to what’s going on in-game. Guild Wars 2 will offer a solution for this as well. We’re giving players the option of choosing external music playlists that the game’s audio engine will use as a replacement for the default in-game music. Players can choose different playlists for background ambience and battle music, for instance. Additionally, when appropriate, such as during cinematics, the game can revert back to in-game music temporarily to give the best possible cinematic experience, then resume the custom playlist when it’s done.

You also might want to make sure your computer didnt slap a read only tag on the files in the folder. the offical forums FAQ mentiones that as an issue. and Larynx wasnt kiding about the DL speed being listed wrong. Mine was indicating about 490Kb/s while a quick stopwatch check showed my rate at around 3x that at 1.5 Mb/s

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    My hunch is that the music folder and local.dat file might have something to do with the music player that allows you to play your own music in the game.

This thing...
    That makes sense, i knew what the music folder was for, but yeah local would make sense also