Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Priest's T14 healing 2P bonus a bit lackluster?

So yeah, I'm not really sold to the idea of having 10% diminished mana cost to flash heal. We're not really supposed to include flash heal in our ''rotation'' to start with since it's an inefficient yet powerful heal. So it's basically an emergency heal. High hps, high hpm. And since we're back to heavy mana management come MoP, I'm not sure how relevant is that bonus. Let's hope they'll change it?

PS: 4P looks pretty cool though, since I love the AoE role we have within raids as holy and combining glyph of penance (casting while moving) with that 4 piece makes it very versatile.

Here are the bonus:
    Priest T14 Healer 2P Bonus - New: Reduces the mana cost of your Flash Heal spell by 10%.
    Priest T14 Healer 4P Bonus - New: Reduces the cooldown of your Penance spell by 4 sec and reduces the cooldown of your Circle of Healing spell by 4 sec.

Thoughts on that ?

EDIT: I know those are placeholders, but I'm trying to see what the bonus should be like instead. What direction should priest healing take ?
    Last edited by Furye; 2012-04-25 at 04:22 AM.
    >>Because having a signature is so mainstream.<<

Deleted
    I like it, especially for the first tier.
    It makes an otherwise niche spell more accessible. Having a spell be only used as a saver is all well and good, as long as you actually CAN use it as a saver. I remember the start of cata gearing up in the 5mans and thinking 'I could have saved that guy with flash heal, shame I can't afford to cast it'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    I like it, especially for the first tier.
    It makes an otherwise niche spell more accessible. Having a spell be only used as a saver is all well and good, as long as you actually CAN use it as a saver. I remember the start of cata gearing up in the 5mans and thinking 'I could have saved that guy with flash heal, shame I can't afford to cast it'.
    You make a good point there. But shouldn't the bonus be more tied to what we're casting more ? I'm not really against it, but I'm curious about how it would affect raiding in general. :| Flash heal is usually 3-5% of total healing done in the worst case scenario and under 1% total healing in ideal condition. Maybe they're trying to change the way flash heal works a bit so we benefit even more from serendipity?

The 4P sounds very very imbalanced.

4 seconds off of Penance vs 4 seconds off of Circle of Healing... It seems like Circle of Healing just wins out. It does a whole lot more healing than a Penance. Not sure if the cooldown is the same as in Cata but if it is then thats funky.

With Surge of Light proccing a lot more often than it used to now (Or maybe that's just me?) it makes the bonus even less desirable.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first tier of the expansion usually doesnt have the greatest bonus we can hope for, and it has been this way for a while. I can't see people using the Penance glyph in PvE, where we have other spells we can use while moving.

Not great tier set bonus, but again, we never get anything real game changing until the 2nd to last tier or possibly the last tier.
    Professor Necomi - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Necomi/simple
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Please keep in mind that this is the first tier of MoP, don't expect any T bonus to scream *amazing*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfx View Post
    Please keep in mind that this is the first tier of MoP, don't expect any T bonus to scream *amazing*
    Even there, it just seems wrong to tie the bonus to a spell we rarely hard cast (and spending mana) in PvE situations. :P. Let's hope they'll change it.

FDCL makes the 2pc set bonus redundant . . . Unless they're saying that on top of FDCL procs, we'd be casting even more Flash Heals?

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    The 4P sounds very very imbalanced.

4 seconds off of Penance vs 4 seconds off of Circle of Healing... It seems like Circle of Healing just wins out. It does a whole lot more healing than a Penance. Not sure if the cooldown is the same as in Cata but if it is then thats funky.
    I'm Disc and I can live with that. Atonement becoming a baseline passive means I now have no reason to not dps with Penance. Of course I realize that healers doing dps is still more of a gimmick than anything.

Seems like Priests get the short straw AGAIN. It's very early to say this is final, obviously, but Blizzard has fucked up with priests so many times. Flash heal? usleess.

Shaman T14 Restoration 2P Bonus - New: Reduces the mana cost of your Greater Healing Wave spell by 10%.
    Paladin T14 Holy 2P Bonus - New: Reduces the mana cost of your Holy Radiance spell by 10%.
    Druid T14 Restoration 2P Bonus - New: Reduces the mana cost of your Rejuvenation spell by 10%.

All extremely common heals used in these healers rotation.

Because I don't know about you guys, but flash heal is 0% of my healing done on almost every situation. Honestly the last time i remember using it effectively was on Heroic Nef 10 man. I was stuck with a tank as a Holy Priest and was using the combo of serendipity and twist of fate to get high single target hps for as long as possible.

Seriously I can't think of another time I've ever used it.
    Last edited by Undeadoracle; 2012-04-25 at 06:52 AM.

The shadow 2/4p set bonus is a joke also. Hopefully they get reworked for both specs.

The 2p healer set bonus may be pretty bad but the 4p breaks the game almost with a 4 sec cd CoH which is the best healer set bonus since it brings back CoH spam to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    The shadow 2/4p set bonus is a joke also. Hopefully they get reworked for both specs.
    Shadow 4p is huge. It's like getting a huge constant haste buff for our dots alowing us more globals in between the refresh (remeber, a VT refresh is NEVER something that is a dps increase while aplying it).

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 02:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by setheral View Post
    With Surge of Light proccing a lot more often than it used to now (Or maybe that's just me?) it makes the bonus even less desirable.
    It's gone from the 6% live to 20% on the beta. Probably not only you.

I can't realy see how they can add a charge on FD,CL while giving us this setbonus. With two charges of free Flashes you'll never ever waste it while it almost never will cost anything to cast it.
    Last edited by eErike; 2012-04-25 at 06:06 PM.

These are good bonuses.

First tier we have a completely new model, so the bonuses shouldn't be clever or interesting. They should just strengthen obvious weaknesses in the new model.

Good work blizz, thumbs up.

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 09:43 AM ----------

With regard to FDCL, yeah that's kind of at odds to the 2p. But I don't envision people saving 1 SoL 'just in case' the way DKs save 1 rune for an emergency DS. Hardcast flash will still occur a few times per pull, and it's WAY more punishing in mists than it has been for a long time.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2012-04-25 at 04:44 PM.

I remember the outcry over 10% crit to Heal. First tier, reduced mana cost on a spell that's punishing in terms of mana usage? I'll take it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    For a 2P bonus, I think it's quite decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    My problem is, other 4 healer spells are oftenly used spells that also have high costs associated with them. For us, only one of these are the case, high cost. In an ideal world, Flash Heal would never be cast, so the 2pc bonus would never be rewarded. Now, obviously, we don't know how often we will need to cast it, so it could be useful, but then it directly contradicts the talent FDCL.

With FDCL's current state, I personally know that nearly every Flash Heal ive cast while healing dungeons, has already been free. The talent proc's a TON, especially since mana matters and Heal is a fairly commonly cast spell, as Holy at least (CoH is second). So, with FDCL, I gain near no benifit from this. As Disc, I equally feel punished. Penance is my filler for Flash Heal as often as possible, with PW:S following that.

So both specs, I'm either not casting FL very often, as other spells outweigh it in priority, or am getting free, instant procs from a talent with a high rate. Thus, this set bonus is kinda worthless to both specs, vs 10% Reduced cost on Holy Radiance that H.Pally gets, or 10% on Rejuv that Resto gets, both often used and almost rotational spells. Does not make any sense. If they are having trouble choosing a spell, because they don't want confusing sets that have different rules for Holy/Disc (although 4pc already does this), why not PoH or PoM? Both specs use these often, either rotational (PoM), or sudo-rotational(PoH), and no talents really affect it anymore. Would be inline with the other 4 healers at least.

its gonna be kinda worhtless if youre speccing into surge of light
    sol procs so much since they buffed it on beta, idk if its intended but even if they change it to gh, id be happier.
    and spammable coh. lolol

Deleted
    the 4P bonus for holy is just awesome: CoH cd=10seg-2(sanctuary)-4(bonus)=4sec It's less than half it's original cooldown!

I doubt it will work that way when we're out of beta, it will be reworked or nerfed.

the 2p bonus it's jut meh.

I think they are good tbh. Couldn't expect more from Blizz regarding priest class anyway.