Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Retribution T14 Set Bonus

Item - Paladin T14 Retribution 2P Bonus - New: Increases the damage done by your Templar's Verdict ability by 15%.
    Item - Paladin T14 Retribution 4P Bonus - New: Reduces the cooldown of your Avenging Wrath ability by 85 sec.

How do the rest of you all feel about this?
    Last edited by Stadtfeld; 2012-04-25 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Fixed some incorrect info!

Dragonslayer Stadtfeld, <Behind the Curve> [Warcarft]
    Season 1: SR80 (Top 99) [Overwatch]

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Feels good man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like we will be doing a shitload of damage, and will be able to use Hammer of Wrath a lot more

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Fixed, had incorrect information before. ;p
    Last edited by Stadtfeld; 2012-04-25 at 05:03 AM.

Isn't Avenging Wrath a 3 minute CD in MoP? Cause on live you have to put points into a talent to get it down to a 2 min CD. Or is there something I'm missing?

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 04:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stadtfeld View Post
    It'll be interesting lining up Avenging Wrath and Zealotry with wings on a 35 second CD, hm ..
    No more Zealotry

Quote Originally Posted by Stadtfeld
    Item - Paladin T14 Retribution 2P Bonus - New: Increases the damage done by your Templar's Verdict ability by 15%.
    Item - Paladin T14 Retribution 4P Bonus - New: Reduces the cooldown of your Avenging Wrath ability by 85 sec.

Wings every 35 seconds! How do the rest of you all feel about this?
    This is incorrect. Avenging Wrath is on a 3 minute cooldown come wrath. So at best you'll have it up every 1 minute 35 seconds. Also, Zealotry does not exist unless you take it in the form of the talent (Holy Avenger).
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2012-04-25 at 05:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zance View Post
    Isn't Avenging Wrath a 3 minute CD in MoP? Cause on live you have to put points into a talent to get it down to a 2 min CD. Or is there something I'm missing?

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 04:56 AM ----------

No more Zealotry
    Derp, I got a little too excited and forgot about all that - fixed the post.

---------- Post added 2012-04-24 at 10:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    This is incorrect. Avenging Wrath is on a 3 minute cooldown come wrath. So at best you'll have it up every 1 minute 35 seconds. Also, Zealotry does not exist unless you take it in the form of the talent (Holy Avenger).
    Thanks for the correct info! It would've been crazy to have wings on a 35 second CD .. jeez. ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Stadtfeld View Post

How do the rest of you all feel about this?
    It really bothers me when they nerf something like Avenging Wrath and then give it back to us (albeit, slightly better) packaged as a tier set bonus. If they want it to be a 3 minute cooldown, then make it that and leave it that. Don't taunt me with how it used to be in Cata by making it my 4 piece. By the time I get 4 piece I would have gotten used to it being a 3 minute CD =/.

As you can tell, I'm not a fan of this Avenging Wrath change, and I don't believe a temporary fix like a tier bonus is a good fix.

2 piece bonus is good though, can't say no to a 15% damage increase to our heavy hitter.

Is it just me or do these bonuses feel like bandaid fixes to two of the things they nerfed in mop? TV damage and AV cd.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

10+ Year Old Account
    Very, very, exceedingly vanilla (in the sense of boring and plain). Don't care about them thematically in the slightest, just things to be mathed out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    TL:DR: Not very satisfied with the bonuses.
    This! Bonuses aren't very good with the other changes they made.

the AV nerf to 3mins is a pvp change thats why the pve set bonus brings it back down. the fact its easier to use pve gear in pvp in mop seems to have been forgotten though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fulkin View Post
    the AV nerf to 3mins is a pvp change thats why the pve set bonus brings it back down. the fact its easier to use pve gear in pvp in mop seems to have been forgotten though
    Proof? Validity?

Deleted
    I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but the new tooltip for Hammer of Wrath is this:
    Hammer of Wrath
    The part where Hammer of Wrath gets availabe during Avenging Wrath has been removed.

So unless this is a bug, a lower cooldown on Avenging Wrath doesn't let us spam Hammer of Wrath more frequently.
    Which in turn makes Sanctified Wrath a pretty lackluster talent for Retribution.
    Last edited by mmoccb0479d480; 2012-04-25 at 11:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaith View Post
    I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but the new tooltip for Hammer of Wrath is this:
    Hammer of Wrath
    The part where Hammer of Wrath gets availabe during Avenging Wrath has been removed.

So unless this is a bug, a lower cooldown on Avenging Wrath doesn't let us spam Hammer of Wrath more frequently.
    Which in turn makes Sanctified Wrath a pretty lackluster talent for Retribution.
    Unless you take the talent "Sanctified Wrath" which reduces its cooldown to nothing during Avenging Wrath (I wouldn't, just saying...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    Unless you take the talent "Sanctified Wrath" which reduces its cooldown to nothing during Avenging Wrath (I wouldn't, just saying...)
    Yes, that would let us spam Hammer of Wrath during Execute range.
    I say again, the wording where it says that Hammer of Wrath is availabe during Avenging Wrath has been removed.
    In other words. No Hammer of Wrath during AW unless you're in Execute range.

I'm still not sure whether this would be a bug or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must be misunderstanding again, but didn't we just receive a bunch of nerfs from the latest changes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I must be misunderstanding again, but didn't we just receive a bunch of nerfs from the latest changes?
    As always you really thougth they'll give ret anything good in MoP LOL. They'll bufff the ever living crap out of mages :d Why? Couse they can

Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    Proof? Validity?
    The proof is that virtually every ret nerf since WotLK has been because of PvP whining... Waaah ret does too much holy damage - DS nerfed to physical, Waah ret blows me up during bubble - 50% damage nerf while bubbled AND additional classes able to remove bubble, Waah ret healed his partner for 100k - WoG 20 sec CD, Waah ret had 3 tentacles eating me - Gurth nerfed only for ret warriors still can freely generate 3 tentacles at a time

Frankly changing the CD on AW is a massive problem for us as lining up procs and shit just became much harder (unless all future trinkets are on a 90 sec ICD like Rotting skull)

Sorry if I sound bitter and this is in no way a personal attack on the quoted poster, but I am really sick and tired of PvP screwing up perfectly acceptable PvE mechanics. They just need to bite the mother !@#$ing bullet and just make seperate modifiers for PvP....

Quote Originally Posted by fulkin View Post
    Using PVE gear in PVP in MOP is stupid atm (unless you're avoiding a set bonus that bugs out like I am). They just buffed Cataclysmic PVP gear so they have two secondary stats on top of having pvp power and resilience.

Anyway, Hammer of Wrath is currently the second highest priority, behind 5 Holy Power TV/Inq - Hammer of Wrath might even be better to use in THAT situation too, though I don't know that for sure. I don't know if that'll change with the current T14 2-set. The 4-set is good and pretty much makes it sync up with Guardian at 5 minutes.