Thread: verdant sphere

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    no problem guys. i hope it helped.

  2. #42
    Anyone else notice at the same time Blizzard gave us this glyph they renamed Flames of Al'ar to Flames of Ragnoras? WTF Blizzard I seriously don't get your logic. Are we Bloodmages or not?

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Anyone else notice at the same time Blizzard gave us this glyph they renamed Flames of Al'ar to Flames of Ragnoras? WTF Blizzard I seriously don't get your logic. Are we Bloodmages or not?
    Next they'll probably give mages a glyph that turns Pyroblast's graphic to look like a phoenix or some such, further confusing the issue.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Anyone else notice at the same time Blizzard gave us this glyph they renamed Flames of Al'ar to Flames of Ragnoras? WTF Blizzard I seriously don't get your logic. Are we Bloodmages or not?
    We are not really blood mages, but Flames of Ragnaros does sounds more like something a mage would use.

  5. #45
    We shall not stand for Flames of Ragnaros! Give back A'lar or a better "Fire" themed thing.

  6. #46
    Yeah what has a warlock got to do with Ragnoras? If they didn't want it as Al'ar it should of been some kind of fire demon. Oh and thanks to the person posting the videos and screenshots.

  7. #47
    I don't like it for affli to be fair.. Affli is purpley while destro is green/orange fiery spec..

    meeh even lorewise it doesn't really fit affliction:
    "The reason it is most sought after by arcane casters, however, is its ability to enhance spells. All fire spells cast by the owner have their range widened, increasing the area of damage."
    from:
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Verdant_Sphere


    I'd much more see it as an option for destro to see their burning embers stacks :?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Coil View Post
    We are not really blood mages, but Flames of Ragnaros does sounds more like something a mage would use.
    Wait a sec here.I can understand your frustration over Ragnaros but he doesn't have to do anything with a Mage either.Do not mistake mages as elementalists ... that's Shaman's domain.Even the Water Elemental is not something Mages summon and are friend with , they create it lorewise.But I totally agree that Flames of Ragnaros doesn't fin in the Warlock class.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    I don't like it for affli to be fair.. Affli is purpley while destro is green/orange fiery spec..

    meeh even lorewise it doesn't really fit affliction:
    "The reason it is most sought after by arcane casters, however, is its ability to enhance spells. All fire spells cast by the owner have their range widened, increasing the area of damage."
    from:
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Verdant_Sphere


    I'd much more see it as an option for destro to see their burning embers stacks :?
    Yeah I agree it should of replace the 3 burning embers in Destro, I'd love to complain but at the same time I'm very happy they included something like this in the first place.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Meillassoux View Post
    Wait a sec here.I can understand your frustration over Ragnaros but he doesn't have to do anything with a Mage either.Do not mistake mages as elementalists ... that's Shaman's domain.Even the Water Elemental is not something Mages summon and are friend with , they create it lorewise.But I totally agree that Flames of Ragnaros doesn't fin in the Warlock class.
    Mage fire is actual fire. Warlock fire is fueled by demonic energies. i was merely saying they have more in common with ragnaros then warlocks ever will. not suggesting that mages are connected to ragnaros.

    And to those people saying destro should get it, stop trying to take affliction's fun stuff. >: (

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    I don't like it for affli to be fair.. Affli is purpley while destro is green/orange fiery spec..

    meeh even lorewise it doesn't really fit affliction:
    "The reason it is most sought after by arcane casters, however, is its ability to enhance spells. All fire spells cast by the owner have their range widened, increasing the area of damage."
    from:
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Verdant_Sphere


    I'd much more see it as an option for destro to see their burning embers stacks :?
    Did you notice this bit also?: This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG and is considered non-canon.
    The Arcane only corrupts the weak..

  12. #52
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Posts
    75
    this looked better than i thought

  13. #53
    Herald of the Titans Strafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,591
    mother

    of


    god

  14. #54
    some comments in this post are really.. no comments.

    as for the actual glyph I find it silly to give it for affliction and not destro, and to all the people who are "living the dream" of kael'thas 2.0 the return of magister terrace revisited ( patch name : merely a setback ) ... no... just no ...i think the whole verdant sphere doesnt fit the concept anymore, blizzard said we're not blood mages, as someone already asked that question before and they changed flames of alar to flames of ragnaros, to give affliction a green soul shard looking sphere is probably some random filler placed to please some of the population so they take their minds off the actually important things.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    blizzard said we're not blood mages
    Do you have a source? Id like to read it.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Sadly, I can't stand "joke" non-names... never been able to play a toon with a name like that, I just don't connect with them. >_< I'm that guy.

    Reserved "Adramelech," a form of sun god with a peacock motif, also viewed as a demon or fallen angel... I thought it apt, and I love the name.
    I, personally, have about a 50/50 split of RP and "joke" names.
    --
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    some comments in this post are really.. no comments.

    as for the actual glyph I find it silly to give it for affliction and not destro, and to all the people who are "living the dream" of kael'thas 2.0 the return of magister terrace revisited ( patch name : merely a setback ) ... no... just no ...i think the whole verdant sphere doesnt fit the concept anymore, blizzard said we're not blood mages, as someone already asked that question before and they changed flames of alar to flames of ragnaros, to give affliction a green soul shard looking sphere is probably some random filler placed to please some of the population so they take their minds off the actually important things.
    Being able to enjoy the little things about your class and spec is fun and important. just because it doesn't do dps doesn't make it any less important. And why should destro get it? the only thing to even back that up is some non-canonical lore from the RPG books. We already have the floating soul shards, the glyph is a simple change and makes sense.

  18. #58
    Mechagnome ThatInternet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shrine of Talos
    Posts
    645
    Should totally be Flames of Xoroth
    dictated but not read.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatInternet View Post
    Should totally be Flames of Xoroth
    Completely agreed.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Coil View Post
    Being able to enjoy the little things about your class and spec is fun and important. just because it doesn't do dps doesn't make it any less important. And why should destro get it? the only thing to even back that up is some non-canonical lore from the RPG books. We already have the floating soul shards, the glyph is a simple change and makes sense.
    I do agree. From the rpg description anyway it sounds to me like a soul shard. "The orb draws on the essence of these demons for its own powers, the spirits writhing in torment within it for all eternity".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •