Thread: verdant sphere

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drinoff View Post
    Because there is always more important things to implement... than cosmetics... what is the point of polishing the apple when it is rotten inside?(Not talking about warlocks, but for the game overall) or am i the only one who sees things like that.. if i am the only one .. ignore me..
    Wow.... there are different people on different teams for different purposes...

You think they have the guy that balances numbers go over and create some verdant spheres one day? Seriously?

Maybe the guy that is creating a new boss mechanic is told to stop and go draw some soul shards...

Blizzard surely only hires people that are completely skilled in every possible aspect of the creation of this game, just so they can do this!

that'd be a looooooooong resume!

I doubt this change took much developer time, they're not implementing cosmetic glyphs at the cost of the rest of the game
    That's why when a cosmetic glyph would take a lot of developer time (green fire!) they postpone it for when they don't have the rest of an expansion to make

Deleted
    O m g

do want

10+ Year Old Account
    Because there is always more important things to implement... than cosmetics... what is the point of polishing the apple when it is rotten inside?(Not talking about warlocks, but for the game overall) or am i the only one who sees things like that.. if i am the only one .. ignore me..

No is true, but at the same time cosmetics, is a really important thing to put in games, why do you think that the most popular MMO games have a variety of races you can make? is because people like these random things, people like the possibility of look diferent, i understand what you mean, and the onnl thing i can tell you is

GIVE BLIZZARD A FEEDBACK OF WHAT YOU THINK THEY SHOULD FIX OR WORK ON AND STOP SAYING "THESE GAME SUCKS!, WOW WILL DIE!", Give Blizzard a idea how to fix it..., well see you later

the people who make aesthetic changes aren't the same who work on gameplay. so consider yourself ignored

anyway, I always felt blood mages were kind of in the middle between mages and warlocks. this glyph upsets that balance IMO.

so they'd better give mages a summon phoenix ability

(I'm a warlock)
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

You do know that the art team is totally separate from their main class dev team, right?

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Wow.... there are different people on different teams for different purposes...

You think they have the guy that balances numbers go over and create some verdant spheres one day? Seriously?

Maybe the guy that is creating a new boss mechanic is told to stop and go draw some soul shards...

Blizzard surely only hires people that are completely skilled in every possible aspect of the creation of this game, just so they can do this!

that'd be a looooooooong resume!
    Oh man, I'd love to see a balance designer try to make cosmetic changes to the game. That'd be entertaining.

I think this is great, I'm actually in two minds about having an Affli on hand at all times just to use these damn things.

Deleted
    Excuse me, dying of awesomeness visual overload. I saw the pictures on the first page....

Now my plans for a Demo/Destro warlock are severely under threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the people who make aesthetic changes aren't the same who work on gameplay. so consider yourself ignored

anyway, I always felt blood mages were kind of in the middle between mages and warlocks. this glyph upsets that balance IMO.

(I'm a warlock)
    Nah, they've always been heavily tilted to the Warlock side. Their developer even stated on his blog that he considers them to be Warlocks; they can summon demons but do not as they consider them beneath their power. And indeed, why summon one when you can go for a phoenix? Using fel is a major step being a Warlock, and they didn't just use it - they stripmined demons for fel, sucking it out using their Verdant spheres.

On topic, I don't think this glyph should be unique to affliction. Blood Mages were fire wielders, not wannabe necromancers. Even demonology is a better candidate than affliction for the look.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post

(I'm a warlock)
    I like your way of thinking and I totally agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just wrap Blood Mages up into Warlocks and give our class the Phoenix? We are the master summoners, not mages. A phoenix is much more difficult to summon and control than some water elemental. If we can control Wrathguards and Shivarra, a phoenix is also on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I doubt this change took much developer time, they're not implementing cosmetic glyphs at the cost of the rest of the game
    That's why when a cosmetic glyph would take a lot of developer time (green fire!) they postpone it for when they don't have the rest of an expansion to make
    Green fire is hideous. Most prominent Warlocks (including the Eredar) use a mixture of felfire and "ordinary" fire.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    but..... Kael isn't a warlock.
    Kael'thas summoned one of the most powerful demons in the universe into Azeroth. Trust me, he's a warlock.

It's also already been established in the new Blasted Lands quests that blood magic works using the same basic principals as fel magic -- burning life itself in order to fuel magic.

Essentially, blood mages are fire mages who have started walking the path towards becoming warlocks. They fuel their magic using blood and they experiment with fel. They are well known for consuming demonic essences to sate their addiction to magic.

There's also some new lore in this patch, in a book near the warlock trainers. It states that after the Cataclysm, groups of warlocks have been infiltrating Twilight Bastion, the Firelands, and Black Temple to steal spells. That's why warlocks have started learning so many new abilities and casting styles.

Just because the unit has "mage" in the name doesn't mean they're a part of the mage class. Just like how demon hunters aren't part of the hunter class.

Also, most importantly, the lore for Verdant Spheres explicitly states that they are used to store the souls of demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    There's also some new lore in this patch, in a book near the warlock trainers. It states that after the Cataclysm, groups of warlocks have been infiltrating Twilight Bastion, the Firelands, and Black Temple to steal spells. That's why warlocks have started learning so many new abilities and casting styles.
    Really? I hadn't noticed that. That's kind of cool actually, and would help to explain the background behind some of our new spells.

edit: For clarification, where is this book exactly? Near every trainer or just a select few? I've been hanging out in Silvermoon to avoid crashes while I beat on dummies, and I can't log on the beta right now to see if it's there.
    Last edited by Fallensaint; 2012-04-25 at 08:13 PM.

Kael'thas summoned one of the most powerful demons in the universe into Azeroth. Trust me, he's a warlock.

It's also already been established in the new Blasted Lands quests that blood magic works using the same basic principals as fel magic -- burning life itself in order to fuel magic.

Essentially, blood mages are fire mages who have started walking the path towards becoming warlocks. They fuel their magic using blood and they experiment with fel. They are well known for consuming demonic essences to sate their addiction to magic.

Just because the unit has "mage" in the name doesn't mean they're a part of the mage class. Just like how demon hunters aren't part of the hunter class.

Also, most importantly, the lore for Verdant Spheres explicitly states that they are used to store the souls of demons.
    Kael did not summon him. He simply aided other demons in summoning him. You can even see when you are able to pull, four demons are channeling into the sunwell, trying to summon KJ into Azeroth.

Good stuff Kathranis, thanks!!
    Necroshie - Affliction Warlock of Sargeras (US) Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Coil View Post
    He was a blood mage, so he kind of was a warlock.

What class uses demonic magic?
    Well if thats the case, I demand my warlock have the ability to summon a pheonix.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and Kael was the mastermind of the ritual. Ever cast Ritual of Summoning back in the old days? Took five people channeling to pull it off. Kael was loyal and high-ranking member of the Burning Legion.

Also, I do kinda wish that they'd used this as a glyph to change the graphics for Burning Embers instead of Soul Shards, but lorewise it makes more sense this way, since they basically serve the same purpose.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2012-04-25 at 08:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    Well if thats the case, I demand my warlock have the ability to summon a pheonix.
    It is the case. Get in line.

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 08:32 PM ----------

Also, I do kinda wish that they'd used this as a glyph to change the graphics for Burning Embers instead of Soul Shards, but lorewise it makes more sense this way, since they basically serve the same purpose.
    I agree completely. Even in WC3 the spheres shot green fire as the Blood Mage's primary attack. If that doesn't indicate destro, then nothing will.

Could someone point out that burning embers would be better suited for this glyph than soul shards on the Beta forums? I don't have access. I will bake you cookies, both mage-type and real-life.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    It is the case. Get in line.

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 08:32 PM ----------

I agree completely. Even in WC3 the spheres shot green fire as the Blood Mage's primary attack. If that doesn't indicate destro, then nothing will.

Could someone point out that burning embers would be better suited for this glyph than soul shards on the Beta forums? I don't have access. I will bake you cookies, both mage-type and real-life.
    Soul shards already display above the warlock, giving the spheres to destro locks would make that feel less unique. and correct me if i'm wrong(i dont play destro), but dont embers disappear if not used in so many seconds? you'd hardly ever even get to display them.
    Last edited by Coil; 2012-04-25 at 08:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4768326901

Made another suggestion in the same vein as the Verdant Sphere glyph.