Poll: Do You Hit the Snooze Button on Your Alarm?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do You Hit the Snooze Button on Your Alarm?

I didn't ever use to hit the snooze button, but now a days I hit it at least once, usually more though.
    inc poll

Deleted
    No, I usually wake up 5 minutes before alarm supposed to go off. If in rare case I don't wake up by myself and alarm goes off, I switch it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never use the snooze. I set up two alarms on my phone, one 10 min ahead of the other one at a lower volume. Sometimes I wake up a few min before the alarm, depends on how early I went to bed.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post

I didn't ever use to hit the snooze button, but now a days I hit it at least once, usually more though.
    inc poll
    I need to ask why you hit it more than once?

My room mate does this (Alarm goes off around 6:50 am) and he will proceed to push snooze button anywhere between 3 to 15+ times in a row. Usually by the 10th time I lose all sanity and tell him to knock it the fuck off.

Why not just set your alarm for later than snooze?

Edit - I should mention, the dude sets his alarm literally 1-2 full hours before he needs to get up for class. He intentionally abuses the snooze button for some unknown reason. It makes it impossible for me to sleep, being a light sleeper, as there is an anxiety with the anticipation of another alarm going off every 5 minutes.
    Last edited by Fortuitous; 2012-04-25 at 08:38 AM.

All the f%##% time and multiple times. I am getting old and cannot wake up that easily any more :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuitous View Post
    I need to ask why you hit it more than once?

My room mate does this (Alarm goes off around 6:50 am) and he will proceed to push snooze button anywhere between 3 to 15+ times in a row. Usually by the 10th time I lose all sanity and tell him to knock it the fuck off.

Why not just set your alarm for later than snooze?
    It's like a drug man. I can't explain it, it makes no sense.
    Knowing I should be getting up and the thought of "man I can sleep for a couple more minutes" is amazing.

Nope! Because I don't need one. Where's that option? "I don't use alarm because my biological clock is awesome"

But if I DO need it... no. When I need an alarm, that's when I'll be be wanting to get out of bed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I just make myself sit up completely first to make sure I don't doze back off. Discipline thing, I guess.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I have to push my snooze button with like 200 pounds of force for it to even work so I just turn it off

Deleted
    I've put my alarm clock about 3 meters from my bed, but I still manage to hit the snooze button and go right back to bed sometimes

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lately it's been 3-4 times....but as my alarm is set to go off some 3 hours before I need to go to work sometimes it more than 4

the snooze isn't long enough, I usually end up turning the alarm off, then napping for 10-15 minutes. somehow this makes me feel rejuvinated, and I (almost always...) end up waking up the second time on time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Pretty much wake up when the alarm wakes me up. And then go back to sleep.

Deleted
    If its a weekday, I set 5 alarms, each one 5 mins apart. I still end up pressing the snooze in my sleepy state :/. Some mornings I don't even hear my alarm.
    If its a weekend and I've forgotten to turn my alarm off, I'm wide awake and unable to get back to sleep after the first alarm, makes no sense at all :L

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    What happened to the option 'I don't use an alarm clock, my wife yells at me' ?
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Deleted
    I usually wake up shortly before my alarm's set to go off, then I turn off my phone, get some more sleep, wake up an hour later fully panicked that I overslept. Story of my life.

I never used to use the snooze button. But my fiance does ALL THE TIME, and as a result i have gotten used to using it as well >< I really should stop though.

My alarm is a radio, which I have tuned to a morning station where the guys are absolutely hilarious, so usually the laughing wakes me up eventually. I just let it play, don't snooze.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Option 5
    I don't have an alarm clock.

I work nights and I wake up in the afternoon when my cats need attention.

Unemployed, whats this snooze button you're talking about, and whats an alarm?