Is AV still best for points? I need to buy a few BOA items and really am tired of 5

Is AV still best for points? I need to buy a few BOA items and really am tired of 5 mans. Mostly after the trinkets so I know I have to pay the "tax" to convert points but was wonder if AV is still best? This would be with a druid geared mostly in LW blues for resto or boomkin. Maybe a few of the cheaper epics if well priced.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    AV on its holiday weekend is certainly the fastest way to get honour, but its still pretty good the rest of the time as well.

Another advantage for you being undergeared is that you can often do entire battlegrounds without entering combat so it's a bit less tiresome than being repeatedly slaughtered for 3 days straight

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have blue quality gear you are going to get totally thrashed in pvp. I'd say that AV really is your best bet. Stick with the zerg, you will hardly see any pvp.

Deleted
    Tol Barad is another good option - the weekly quest especially, but just the regular battles compare quite favorably with battlegrounds for honour. You can opportunistically queue towards the end of the battle (hard to judge, but on my realm it tends to be when Wintergrasp is just about to come up), in the hope of some quick honour. Even a defeat gives a nice chunk (63?) for sometimes a few minutes work.

It's Isle of Conquest week this week - shouldn't that be like AV? Maybe not as quick but typically not protracted and the large scale means you won't get so mercilessly picked on for being undergeared. I'd recommend going in as a healer and just being there for the tank when the boss is pulled at the end: you can play a big role in a victory. That said, PvE geared boomkins can put out some hurt in PvP (and somehow avoid much of a smackdown).

Deleted
    Ye join Tol Barad everytime and spamm AVs =)

Well I don't have much of a choice in gear, having been brought back by a Scroll of Resurrection. I do have a good gold supply which means I can buy the vicious wyrmhide stuff and a few boe epics that are cheap. I would spend some of the honor points to patch holes but the majority is to simply buy some BOA to make leveling alts less of a chore.
    iMac

Deleted
    Tol Barad, as someone else said, is a great way to get honour as well. It's at least 135 for a defeat and at least 594 for a victory.

Random bgs are better if it isn't AV weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    but spamm randoms =) then u get much for a win aswell

Guild mate suggested I just level a lower level character through BGs and gain the points that way, basically killing two birds with one stone.

He claims to have amassed 3k points before 13th level but I do not see how that is possible, though he did get the achieve for 1K kills right after the first claim
    iMac

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Guild mate suggested I just level a lower level character through BGs and gain the points that way, basically killing two birds with one stone.

He claims to have amassed 3k points before 13th level but I do not see how that is possible, though he did get the achieve for 1K kills right after the first claim
    Very possible. I leveled a rogue exclusively through bgs and have gained several tens of thousands of honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalemate View Post
    Very possible. I leveled a rogue exclusively through bgs and have gained several tens of thousands of honor.
    Im gonna back this up. I did my rogue the same way and had well over 15k HK and over 25k honor earned by the time i hit 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    p.s. i want to see Sylvanas take a pounding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olianda View Post
    This could NEVER be taken the wrong way. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjumnito View Post
    Im gonna back this up. I did my rogue the same way and had well over 15k HK and over 25k honor earned by the time i hit 85
    Well guys I guess I will follow my guild mates advice. Going to take a new resto druid up through the ranks, alternating with feral post 30 to see how it plays out. The only issue of course will be gear beyond BOA slots that I fill as our AH is controlled by a few people so that all low level gear is 500+ ... and I mean all but crafted is 500+
    iMac