Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockbete View Post
    This is what I found on http://guildwars2.romank.dk/world-ch...ds-collection/
    These two servers seem to be most active in EU.

Blacktide (Midnight Mayhem, Polish community, GuildWars2.com.pl , GoHa.Ru, 4Gamers.be,guildwars-2.ru,The Autonomy)
    Istan (MMORPG.com ,Sweclockers,Univers Virtuel (FR),Luna Atra (FR),Jeuxvideo.com (FR))
    So it's either with Russians or French if i want to play on populated server ?

Thats my concern aswell, . Im gonna try to research some more and see what happens.

Deleted
    short update

Heads up, its only beta atm .
    You can start being worried when its LIVE server list :P.

Deleted
    Heads up, its only beta atm .
    You can start being worried when its LIVE server list :P.
    ye but on live you can easy change server/Home server or can make different chars on different servers - you cant in beta so you have to look where ppl go

i just postet this list to help comunitys to find eachother - for myself it isnt important cause i plan to test 24/7 solostuff

You cant make different chars on different servers. All chars are bound to ONE HOME REALM. Youll be able to visit other servers with your chars (cant do WvWvW for em tough).

Deleted
    The amount of polish and italians i've met through gaming I will try to not end up on a server with them being populated, they rarely speak english <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    The amount of polish and italians i've met through gaming I will try to not end up on a server with them being populated, they rarely speak english <.<
    Servers you dont wanna end up on: RUS/POL/ITA/FR hehe .

Far Shiverpeaks seems like a common choice among swedes, whats Ive read sofar(sweclockers) etc, they decided to change from Istan due to the .fr ppl invading.

Aah and now the biggest and most important decision you will make all week. Which server shall we play?

People cluster to much, so for EU its always tricky to find a populated server that simply speaks english. As soon as to many people from the same country cluster together your chatlog looks like something scribbled on a wall by a Schizo on LSD.

Guess this doesn't really matter for people in the NA, but server population can make a huge difference for EU players. Playing on a server where 50% of the playerbase wont speak English sucks(I've been there).

Reddit has switched their popularity to Darkhaven.

meh, thats why wow rules with language chosen servers, i dont mind playing with russians or germans or spanish people, but they just wont speak english.

In my wow realm theres alot of swe/nor and danish people who just speak the common language.

Deleted
    short update

and
    meh, thats why wow rules with language chosen servers
    this is only beta servers for now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoef View Post
    meh, thats why wow rules with language chosen servers, i dont mind playing with russians or germans or spanish people, but they just wont speak english.

In my wow realm theres alot of swe/nor and danish people who just speak the common language.
    Pretty much this.

I have nothing against playing with anyone, doesn't matter what country.

But I have much against people who doesn't even try to speak english when you play with them, and just piss you off with their own language.

10+ Year Old Account
    On what realm will the mmo-champion guild be?

I understand giving freedom in the letting the player choose what ever server they want but they really need to divide the European servers by their language once the game goes live, it's ok for Beta though.

Deleted
    Just pointing out here, that not EVERYONE knows English, or is forced to know it. And those players that are 'annoying' you while speaking their own languages, probably feel as frustrated as you do because you're not speaking theirs. (Just saying)

The community is organizing itself, it will be fine for beta, and for some events - afaik - you don't need to DIRECTLY communicate with each other. (The only instances I can see this being a pain is WvW and Structured PVP/Dungeons). So... yeah. Not trying to be a pain, but it's kinda upseting to me when these communities are trying actively to show where they are going to be and all I read is 'BAHHHH THEY DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH BAAHHH'.

Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    Just pointing out here, that not EVERYONE knows English, or is forced to know it. And those players that are 'annoying' you while speaking their own languages, probably feel as frustrated as you do because you're not speaking theirs. (Just saying)
    Too bad I took time to learn english, which is "international" and commonly used world wide. Too bad, what a shame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Too bad I took time to learn english, which is "international" and commonly used world wide. Too bad, what a shame.
    Is this what this is going to become? It happens that people don't know english. I've learnt it too, but I know of those who simply cannot go and learn it - there's people who take ages to understand languages, and whose education DID not include english.
    I'm just trying to point out it's frustrating both ways, and not EVERYONE did it. But oh well, apparently trying to make people understand this sorta thing isn't well looked upon. =)