Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Too bad I took time to learn english, which is "international" and commonly used world wide. Too bad, what a shame.
    I can count to 10 in German and know 3 versions of "the"

Deleted
    good so mif - join us on german server than

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Portuguese, English and French here. The only think I can say in German is that I love cats. do you think that'll be useful for this beta Mif?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    Is this what this is going to become? It happens that people don't know english. I've learnt it too, but I know of those who simply cannot go and learn it - there's people who take ages to understand languages, and whose education DID not include english.
    I'm just trying to point out it's frustrating both ways, and not EVERYONE did it. But oh well, apparently trying to make people understand this sorta thing isn't well looked upon. =)
    We do understand, or well, I do at least, it's just that english is such a big language and used all around the world, as he said it's international, so it's like, you expect people to know it automatically when they are on the internet playing MMORPGs with thousands and thousands other people

Deleted
    short update on mainpost

Hehe . I understand german quite well myself, tough typing and speaking on my own atm would cause some issues at start (havent used it for like 10 years).

@Kallanna: If they have access to internet and are into games... they can learn it on their own. Sure some people have problems (lack of skill) learning languages. However it doesnt stop them from using it in general/trade instead of acting like stupid monkeys. Even bit broken english is better than native spam.
    If you cant adapt... you die. Since the very beginning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    We do understand, or well, I do at least, it's just that english is such a big language and used all around the world, as he said it's international, so it's like, you expect people to know it automatically when they are on the internet playing MMORPGs with thousands and thousands other people
    Yeah, but for what I've seen on their forums, they are as upset as everyone that they'll not be able to communicate. The game is translated into several languages, some people might only have basic knowledge (or even less) of English, and they surf the web too. French and German are kinda common languages on the interwebs too.

Maybe I'm getting too upset over this, and taking it too much at heart but it kinda bugs me. Oh well, I'm gonna steer clear of the forums for a while.

Anyway, I hope to see you in game and I hope that we all have a fantastic GW2 journey.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only think I can say in German is that I love cats. do you think that'll be useful for this beta Mif?
    You raise a good point; How do you say "do you have any cookies?" and "hand them over unless you want to get hurt" in German and French?

Deleted
    @Mif

Hast du Kekse?
    Gib sie her und du wirst nicht verletzt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    @Mif

Hast du Kekse?
    the language lesson might be quite entertaining, however your only allowed to use english on these forums

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    @Mif

Hast du Kekse?
    Excellent

You do make a valid point Kallanna, agreed if you live in "god know's where" you might not get English as course.

Figured I'd throw this link up. This is a version of the original link which has no limit on viewers. It's currently being circulated on reddit and a couple other places.

http://openetherpad.org/ep/pad/view/Hcpzc4HD46/latest
    "Some flies are too awesome for the wall." - Community

Deleted
    thx Dosvidaniya i will update mainpage with your link - ok for you?

Deleted
    You raise a good point; How do you say "do you have any cookies?" and "hand them over unless you want to get hurt" in German and French?
    Tu as des biscuits

donne les a moi et tu feras pas de mal.

Something like that, but it should be ok, and ervyone in France should understand :P

Far Shiverpeaks - (Dutch Guilds x2) (Nordic Guilds x8), GW2nl.nl, guildwars2.no, gw2sverige.se, Guildwars2.dk, Ragnarok Of Primordus
    source: http://openetherpad.org/ep/pad/view/Hcpzc4HD46/latest

Quote Originally Posted by gw2sverige.se
    I samarbete med guildwars2.no, guildwars2.dk och TNA (The Northern Assembly) har vi valt ut en server där vi ska samla våra vänner och gillen!

Officiell server: Far Shiverpeaks

Sprid och förstärk!
    Source: gw2sverige.se

For Scandinavians.

Deleted
    another update

I didn't know all those people were going to be in Darkhaven. Oh boy to late now.

Is this what this is going to become? It happens that people don't know english. I've learnt it too, but I know of those who simply cannot go and learn it - there's people who take ages to understand languages, and whose education DID not include english.
    I'm just trying to point out it's frustrating both ways, and not EVERYONE did it. But oh well, apparently trying to make people understand this sorta thing isn't well looked upon. =)
    This isnt even about people who dont know any english, then you are boned in the online world to begin with. But this is about people who do know english, but simply dont speak it. Because on their server their language is prevelant due to sheer numbers, and they dont have to.
    And every group you get in is nothing but intelligable gibberish. And when they find out you dont understand them, they simply dont give a fuck and essentially ignore you and speak as if you are not there. Thats a lovely way to feel alienated on a server and in a community.

Deleted
    Thats a lovely way to feel alienated on a server and in a community.
    relax - i understand your point but look in this list - the GUILDWARS2 comunity can organize themself worldwide in all forums comunitys countrys - whatever - in just some hours

there are no barriers - everyone can play how ever he want and which language he wanna speak - dont care for others just find your spot

and sry for my english i never had it in school and now im just to old for it^^